Where does everyone seem to roleplay?

LSPD could play their part also. The amount of players I have seen booking it at like 100mph through the city; including myself, is wild to say the least. What does a patrol car do about it, they ignore it. I flew past like 5 cruisers at high speeds in the city (obviously not noticing them while doing it) and got a quick glance from each patrol car. From what I've played there is no reason to "fear" the PD because they seem pretty useless and just seem to want to get into shootouts.

Just now, hipsxn said:

LSPD could play their part also. The amount of players I have seen booking it at like 100mph through the city; including myself, is wild to say the least. What does a patrol car do about it, they ignore it. I flew past like 5 cruisers at high speeds in the city (obviously not noticing them while doing it) and got a quick glance from each patrol car. From what I've played there is no reason to "fear" the PD because they seem pretty useless and just seem to want to get into shootouts.

That's because 90% of the vehicles on this server outrun cop cars. There is absolutely 0 point in chasing something that we cannot catch.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Westen said:

That's because 90% of the vehicles on this server outrun cop cars. There is absolutely 0 point in chasing something that we cannot catch.

That doesn't really matter. Not all players are gonna want a cop chase. Someone could just want to get to A to B really fast, then they get pulled over. Oh well some players will deal with the ticket.

And if 90% of vehicles can out-run the cop cars, then I believe PD should atleast have a helicopter unit or a High-Speed Unit (HSU) to combat the amount of fast vehicles on the server. Good thing about a air unit and a HSU is that they would be able to keep callouts going and the PD Cruisers that are behind can cut off the suspect. Maybe suggest it, if it isn't a thing. (Only played 40 hours so I'm not sure if the unit's I've stated are a thing)

Just now, hipsxn said:

That doesn't really matter. Not all players are gonna want a cop chase. Someone could just want to get to A to B really fast, then they get pulled over. Oh well some players will deal with the ticket.

And if 90% of vehicles can out-run the cop cars, then I believe PD should atleast have a helicopter unit or a High-Speed Unit (HSU) to combat the amount of fast vehicles on the server. Good thing about a air unit and a HSU is that they would be able to keep callouts going and the PD Cruisers that are behind can cut off the suspect. Maybe suggest it, if it isn't a thing. (Only played 40 hours so I'm not sure if the unit's I've stated are a thing)

So, the issue is - if you are flying through the city at 100, by the time the cop clocks you and accelerates up to 100mph, you'll be gone. There's no chance of finding you. On the off chance that a vehicle does catch up (say the Interceptor, which is only for certain units anyway), we can spin up a helicopter but that relies on pilots being online. HSU is a...touchy subject and is in the works.

1 minute ago, Westen said:

So, the issue is - if you are flying through the city at 100, by the time the cop clocks you and accelerates up to 100mph, you'll be gone. There's no chance of finding you. On the off chance that a vehicle does catch up (say the Interceptor, which is only for certain units anyway), we can spin up a helicopter but that relies on pilots being online. HSU is a...touchy subject and is in the works.

I understand ya. To be honest I think it should be 50/50 communication with the civilian players and PD players on how PD can be improved. The police department is meant to be feared, they're not meant to be a running joke like they are currently it seems. 

• Train more officers into pilots aswell
  • Create certain checkpoints. E.G. On the highway entrances into the city etc

I want to be like "Oh shit, PD is on my ass" instead of "Later, losers"

Edited by hipsxn
5 minutes ago, hipsxn said:

I understand ya. To be honest I think it should be 50/50 communication with the civilian players and PD players on how PD can be improved. The police department is meant to be feared, they're not meant to be a running joke like they are currently it seems. 

Then the issue is resourcing. At any one time, sure we can have 10-15 officers on. But at that same time there's also a shooting in Forum Drive, two dead at Jamestown and an MVA over in Pillbox that needs a unit controlling traffic. This leaves only 4 or 5 officers for a pursuit.

1 hour ago, hipsxn said:

To understand why most people don't chase theses you have to understand the common issues we face on LSPD:

• Siren sync is poor right now, couple that with the short render range on vehicles you can quickly go out of range of a PD vehicle when flying around the city at speed and never even hear the siren.
  • If a fast vehicle passes a PD cruiser at speed even if the cruiser is facing the same direction (which a lot of the time it is not) they do not have the power to catch up. Again the short render distance often makes these cars able to get away quickly.
  • Even for the times you are able to reasonably keep pace with a vehicle as it slowly pulls from you, the time it takes to deploy a helicopter often results in a total loss. The number of times that me and other pilots deploy just to lose the vehicle before we arrive is very high.
  • Even with a helicopter on patrol you can still take some time to arrive to the locations. However while this is the best possible circumstance, having a Helicopter ready to go due to active patrol only usually happens when we get reason to do so. Flying around in the Helicopter tends to be a bit of an isolated experience.
  • The Interceptor isn't a very good vehicle. The weight issues of it cause some problems (it's lightweight and floats a lot which causes weaknesses in certain areas) and the extra top speed and acceleration it has only allows it to match a relatively small range of vehicles that the Buffalo and Stanier cannot.
  • We experimented with Shafter V12s for a while as part of what the equivalent HSIU is, however this ran into several other issues such as the vehicle being a decent evading vehicle but not a good pursuit vehicle, sirens not able to play sound and the lights not visible easily during the day (though ironically this now has better siren sync than our current main fleet for the moment) and a few other things that lead it to be put on hold for the time being. Effective vehicles in this regard such as the Elegy RH8, Massacro or other such vehicles are also borderline or too far unrealistic to use. One could argue that realism bends for GTA's game circumstances or that it isn't realistic to have pursuits around the city go so fast it requires them to begin with, however until vehicle modding is in and performance can be tuned serverside then we will not really be able to see any sort of change to this.

Among to this we generally have a few steps to go with the way that we see these speeders:

1. See the fast vehicle and attempt to stop it. This is the most likely step that we lose the vehicle. We don't call in a pursuit right away because this would be messy, you need to somewhat try to confirm the vehicle is actively evading.
  2. If you manage to half way keep with the vehicle you can call in a pursuit and get deployment rolling for fast vehicles. There's usually an Interceptor around or two most times of the day that if isn't busy should be able to attend.
  3. Helicopter starts up a little later when the pilot gets themselves to the station. Takes a bit of time to do this and takes a bit of time to get to wherever the pursuit is as well.
  4. If by now the vehicle is not lost the helicopter and Interceptor both should be there and we've done most of what we can for the vehicle at this point. The slower vehicles go around for trying to block off routes, spikestrips and so on.

Then there is a whole other dynamic of even when we have all that deployed there are other issues to face, such as:

• Out accelerating the helicopter to the degree render distance doesn't show it anymore.
  • Helicopter often is the only thing able to see the vehicle for most of the pursuit so if they lose it, it's often lost for good.
  • General vehicle desync can make the vehicle suddenly appear it's going around a corner when it did not, by the time the mistake is corrected it can be too late.
  • So on.

Don't even ask how it is for motorbikes.

Overall there are other things that are being done that are aimed at trying to discourage people to be reckless with their vehicles such as being stricter with dealing them along with a new addition to the penal code that will allow the impounding of vehicles with repeat evading effenders up to 14 days for the third or further offence. This may encourage people to use cheaper vehicles that are far more disposable, but also managable.

Regardless I hope this gives you some insight as to why a lot of the time police vehicles tend to ignore crazy speeders. If circumstances were different it wouldn't be the case.

Edited by Enko
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Also the problem is that some users are somewhat closed, i have tried several times to join a group of people because the RP of my character is compatible, and they didn't pay any attention to me.

Although i found another group of people with whom i usually play often.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, cracked said:

well, besides the crashes at the moment, why don't YOU create the roleplay spot??? 

also cops are usually so desperate at times for action that they'll pull you over cause they haven't seen any players in 20 mins ?

Because there are no realistic means for my character to bring about hundreds of other players to one location, besides the fact that this isn't what I'm implying that I want at all. 

I don't want to condense the playerbase into one small part of the map, I simply want to know where the people at. Judging by the comments on the thread, it's pretty evident that people are for the most part roleplaying indoors, which is quite stupid because it leads to the streets being lifeless, less IC faction recruitment and less opportunities for roleplay in general.

Roleplay, in turn, doesn't become open to everyone and instead to a group of friends that are condensed in one small hidden area or interior, which leads to a lifeless city.

The issue isn't with the lack of roleplay, it's with the lack of players that present the roleplay. 

Believe me, if the case was about "creating" the roleplay spot, this topic wouldn't have existed in the first place, but that's not how it works. There's been discussions in the past in attempts to condense the playerbase into smaller parts of the map and it just doesn't work as a permanent solution. 

People tend to avoid the places that are heavily populated because they have the stupid notion of being GTAW's equivalent of mallrats in LS-RP, which is absolutely retarded and just reinforces an ignorant attitude.

Edited by Serower
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, Serower said:

Because there are no realistic means for my character to bring about hundreds of other players to one location, besides the fact that this isn't what I'm implying that I want at all. 

I don't want to condense the playerbase into one small part of the map, I simply want to know where the people at. Judging by the comments on the thread, it's pretty evident that people are for the most part roleplaying indoors, which is quite stupid because it leads to the streets being lifeless, less IC faction recruitment and less opportunities for roleplay in general.

Roleplay, in turn, doesn't become open to everyone and instead to a group of friends that are condensed in one small hidden area or interior, which leads to a lifeless city.

The issue isn't with the lack of roleplay, it's with the lack of players that present the roleplay. 

Believe me, if the case was about "creating" the roleplay spot, this topic wouldn't have existed in the first place, but that's not how it works. There's been discussions in the past in attempts to condense the playerbase into smaller parts of the map and it just doesn't work as a permanent solution. 

People tend to avoid the places that are heavily populated because they have the stupid notion of being GTAW's equivalent of mallrats in LS-RP, which is absolutely retarded and just reinforces an ignorant attitude.

have you been around the hood like around Forum Drive and Carson, Grove & Rancho? there's some active facs there so...