Where does everyone seem to roleplay?

Mirror Park is where people hang around, I think. And there are faction bases too, which gives you an indication of where you can go to get involved in them. Our faction roleplay tends to gravitate around the club businesses in Paleto Bay so that we can keep realistically earning for the faction while getting roleplay too. 

I mean, I don’t suppose it’s totally normal just to hang around on the streets unless that’s your lifestyle. Realistically you’d be somewhere doing something, even if that’s on the beach, at a bar, walking a trail, etc or you’d be at home.

Edited by Caoimheal

WE NEED  :

• Dynamic economy.
  • Something else than /fuel to live for.
  • A law and punishment that makes you think twice.

You can connect the dots yourself on why this matters and why I posted this "randomness" on this thread.

1 hour ago, iAMTemple said:

230 players online

*I advertise Capital Pawnshop*

[90% of people who walk in want to rob me]

Good game.

You know why pawnshops can't work on the server? The hourly pay is so much. All the small hourly expenses combined hardly make 2K or something, so the players spend freely because they know they won't run out of money, and the money keeps stacking up and when they've got their 200K after 40 hours, they start dealing cars and shit and the money keeps increasing instead of decreasing. In the end, they are financially stable, no matter how poor do they rp.

Pawn shops are for desperate people in real need of money. If there are no poor guys, who's gonna trade their stolen stuff for some loan? And if nobody wants money the right way from the pawn shop, they're gonna rob them for fun.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Critchalee said:

Roleplay won't come to you. I've been in your shoes driving around for hours in the PD, it won't come to you.You just have to make it happen yourself, chat to that random guy across the street. Compliment that mall rats really expensive car.  Go to a strip club off duty.

Advertisements in game based and FORUM based are also a good tool for RP.

Goodluck.

This isn't the notion I'm implying at all. I'm not complaining about a lack of roleplay, I'm complaining about a lack of life to the server. 

The issue isn't that I'm not finding roleplay, it's that I'm not even finding anyone to roleplay with. Obviously I won't stop someone on the road just to have a chat with them if they haven't done anything wrong. 

Very flawed argument, really. There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on in game to really have different parties engage. 

There's a struggle with finding players, that is my implication. 

4 hours ago, Sammux said:

I actually wish that PD would stop and interact with people some more, happens way too often that I just see patrol cars zooming through locations, which is good in itself, you're patrolling, but it just so happens that whenever I call 911, or go to them for help, they're nowhere to be found. I love RPing with cops. : )

Issue is, sometimes there isn't much that can call for interaction as well. There just is no real interest in talking to randoms on the street sometimes because there is nothing that calls for it, and throughout the times I've seen many others try, it usually ends up with someone acting like a complete thug and going "I don't talk to cops man xdd", which is absolutely stupid if you ask me. I try my best to engage with people as much as possible though, but it does get harder to see people around in the city, seriously.

1 hour ago, VULn3R said:

You know why pawnshops can't work on the server? The hourly pay is so much. All the small hourly expenses combined hardly make 2K or something, so the players spend freely because they know they won't run out of money, and the money keeps stacking up and when they've got their 200K after 40 hours, they start dealing cars and shit and the money keeps increasing instead of decreasing. In the end, they are financially stable, no matter how poor do they rp.

Pawn shops are for desperate people in real need of money. If there are no poor guys, who's gonna trade their stolen stuff for some loan? And if nobody wants money the right way from the pawn shop, they're gonna rob them for fun.

Half of what you said is true. Pawnshop is actually VERY profitable, and I've made a good profit myself. However, the pawn loans were never used because everyone just wants to cash in and sell everything they have for quick cash. And if they don't want to sell, just like you said..

"Let's add this to our list of chain robberies and rob the pawnshop because people rob pawnshops all the time in real life, bro!"

On 7/4/2019 at 10:07 AM, JustAnM43 said:

Most people roleplay indoors because of robbery squads that happen everywhere in broad daylight every single day. People don't want to go to a beach cause they know someone's gonna ride up on them and rob them, same goes for outdoors, parks, anywhere. Shit like that happens everywhere and daily so people don't have much reason to go RP outside. 

This is pretty sad, honestly. Seeing the reactions to the post, it’s obviously pretty common too. I understand that there is a need to allow illegal role play but I believe the rules are too lax for robberies. There’s no creativity for robberies as I’ve seen for the most part. I’m not talking about the people who rob houses or businesses, that take the effort to role play with an admin present and such. The ones who just buy a mask, get a bat/gun and roll up on people in the most RANDOM spots, as you said. They know for the most part, they are going to get away with it (not because of their superior role play but because of the dynamics of the server). It’s so lazy and does nothing for the server besides promote poor illegal role play and kill the desire for people to go do anything outside.

Edited by Kestalas
  • Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Serower said:

This isn't the notion I'm implying at all. I'm not complaining about a lack of roleplay, I'm complaining about a lack of life to the server. 

The issue isn't that I'm not finding roleplay, it's that I'm not even finding anyone to roleplay with. Obviously I won't stop someone on the road just to have a chat with them if they haven't done anything wrong. 

Very flawed argument, really. There just doesn't seem to be a whole lot going on in game to really have different parties engage. 

There's a struggle with finding players, that is my implication. 

Then we'll have to disagree.

There is literally nothing wrong with stopping your vehicle to stop someone who is walking by or parked up, it's called community engagement and proactive policing. 

Secondly there is a lot going on you're just not involved there is a lot of politics to all different factions that create a very nice atmosphere at least for my RP. 

Surround yourself with the right RPers, sat in a police car expecting RP to come to you through a 911 call is pretty poor of you.

Edited by Critchalee
1 hour ago, Critchalee said:

Then we'll have to disagree.

There is literally nothing wrong with stopping your vehicle to stop someone who is walking by or parked up, it's called community engagement and proactive policing. 

Secondly there is a lot going on you're just not involved there is a lot of politics to all different factions that create a very nice atmosphere at least for my RP. 

Surround yourself with the right RPers, sat in a police car expecting RP to come to you through a 911 call is pretty poor of you.

I have my own IC social circle and my character is simply not the type of person to go around talking to random strangers just because they're a cop. My character is an introvert and gets burnt out quickly when socializing too much on the job, so it isn't really "poor of me", it's just the way my character is.

I used to have a character like this in the past that would communicate with everyone around when I was in the PD, and I'd get some good roleplay out of it and sometimes I'd meet the most boring and stale characters out there, and I had a lot of those people that were "allergic to cops" even though my character only wanted a quick chat. Both sides have their own negatives, and I'm aware of what I'm doing. 

Don't really need you to assume anything about me, I'm very aware of the image I'm trying to portray.

EDIT: The argument is about how lifeless the server feels, not about how there's a "lack of roleplay".  There just isn't people outside to even interact with, from a non-police standpoint even. I feel like I was wrong for mentioning that I'm in the PD in a topic like this because this is where everyone's focus is shifted now even though the discussion is not about me.

Edited by Serower