Bringing back the LSSD (Los Santos Sheriffs Department)

iFlyKid

Do you believe the community is ready to have a 2nd law-enforcement faction?   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the community is ready to introduce the Los Santos Sheriffs Department?

• Yes, we're ready to have the LSSD
    • No, the community isn't ready for the LSSD.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/04/2019 at 08:43 AM

ll75Ovh.png

I have had this thought about the community bringing back the Los Santos Sheriffs Department in my mind for quite sometime now and I totally feel like the community will be ready to accept a second law-enforcement agency to take secondary jurisdiction in Los Santos and Primary Jurisdiction in Blaine County. 

Diversity is always good and I have seen a trend in this community with an increase of player-base throughout the months. Do you believe that this community is ready to have another law-enforcement faction such as the LSSD? 

Edited by iFlyKid
Just now, danielleunglol said:

TBH, SD with a correctional bureau will be better, since the current DoC is inactive. 

It could be a sub-division within the LSSD to introduce Correctional Officers and have it as a non-sworn civilian position. 

53 minutes ago, danielleunglol said:

TBH, SD with a correctional bureau will be better, since the current DoC is inactive. 

That's a good point, I support this.

46 minutes ago, iAMTemple said:

Already been brought up hundreds of times and it's a no.

Glass half empty?

I think we definitely have the playerbase to support another LEA, and with the merger of the DoC in with the LSSD it'd give it an entirely new purpose non-identical to the LSPD. 

Most the time it's Sheriff's Departments running jails in real life, no reason it can't be the case here.

Edited by Duke

Having the DoC and a theoretical LSSD merge together, although ostensibly a good idea and cool, would end up just being a headache for that faction. They, just like a real Sheriff's Office, would have to recruit for the two jobs, Custody Deputy, and Patrol Deputy simultaneously. Two totally different training regiments. It'll be like running two different factions under one single umbrella. Granted, said faction, even with the two combined, would probably end up smaller than the LSPD, I still don't see it working any better than just having DoC sit where it is - especially since the prison isn't active yet, and it'd make more sense for a state DoC to run it anyway.

As for bringing any sort of Sheriff's Office back, I think it's a good idea. But getting it up and running would just create more trouble than it's worth, in the end. When we're talking pure numbers, the LSPD is plenty to maintain jurisdiction and comfortable patrol over the entire island, currently. It, too, is growing steadily as the server continues to expand.

Just now, Helm said:

Having the DoC and a theoretical LSSD merge together, although ostensibly a good idea and cool, would end up just being a headache for that faction. They, just like a real Sheriff's Office, would have to recruit for the two jobs, Custody Deputy, and Patrol Deputy simultaneously. Two totally different training regiments. It'll be like running two different factions under one single umbrella. Granted, said faction, even with the two combined, would probably end up smaller than the LSPD, I still don't see it working any better than just having DoC sit where it is - especially since the prison isn't active yet, and it'd make more sense for a state DoC to run it anyway.

As for bringing any sort of Sheriff's Office back, I think it's a good idea. But getting it up and running would just create more trouble than it's worth, in the end. When we're talking pure numbers, the LSPD is plenty to maintain jurisdiction and comfortable patrol over the entire island, currently. It, too, is growing steadily as the server continues to expand.

Yeah they would definitely have difficulty running a state penitentiary and maintaining patrol numbers. I disagree with it's more trouble than it's worth though, a sheriff's department would bring huge variance to the community in terms of roleplay and can be incredibly fruitful. 

40 minutes ago, Duke said:

Glass half empty?

I think we definitely have the playerbase to support another LEA, and with the merger of the DoC in with the LSSD it'd give it an entirely new purpose non-identical to the LSPD. 

Most the time it's Sheriff's Departments running jails in real life, no reason it can't be the case here.

I'm not saying it's a no from me. I'm just relaying what admins have said in the past.

It’s not happening immediately.

We are open to considerations but if people want focus on a prison then they can’t keep requesting a million other things. SD, military, entire GOV revamps, prisons. 

I’m not saying no, I’m saying not right now.

Edited by eyebrows
Grammar
  • Upvote 2