Mileage meter for vehicles

16 hours ago, FearnR said:

I support this,

Additionally: it would be cool if the vehicle got "random" maintenance checks, where you got a message or something saying "engine light has come on" or "tire pressure light has come on", and when those occur the vehicles stats are auto reduced so the vehicle doesn't drive as well. Until you take it to a shop and they would have a command to restore it back to full stats. As the mileage increased these messages become more frequent. 

This would lead to more vehicle role-play, and lower resale value, making used cars actually a thing, at a certain mileage, they can even "break-down" and completely stop working. 

I'm curious if this is a feature people would enjoy or not.

It has been suggested before and as always yes. I'm personally tired of people trying to milk more virtual currency with their USED vehicles. For real I don't care that your car is ''maxed'' I'm not gonna pay extra 30k for it I'd rather buy a new one. The bigger mileage, the more errors come up. Also there should be categories like older cars & beaters will get those errors much more frequently, even if you've not been driving much.
So let's say if you buy an old/low end car from the dealership like Regina, might start getting the errors after idk 10,000km, if you have something like Tailgater errors will not apear before 15k-20k since it's clearly a newer car. And so on. Also if at all possible, driving like a jerk would make a chance of an error higher just to punish ex miners who drive their sports cars like idiots.
RLLxDcF.png

HZqvTaV.png
Regina & Tailgater

19 hours ago, FearnR said:

I support this,

Additionally: it would be cool if the vehicle got "random" maintenance checks, where you got a message or something saying "engine light has come on" or "tire pressure light has come on", and when those occur the vehicles stats are auto reduced so the vehicle doesn't drive as well. Until you take it to a shop and they would have a command to restore it back to full stats. As the mileage increased these messages become more frequent. 

This would lead to more vehicle role-play, and lower resale value, making used cars actually a thing, at a certain mileage, they can even "break-down" and completely stop working. 

This whole thing was "debated" to death a while back and most counter "arguments" were that people don't want things to be forced to them. Same was with the food health system. But they fail to understand that with their own logic, everything is forced - why do we need to earn that money to buy things? - we could just have it all free and RP what ever we want. That's literally what most of the people think here.

Yeah, I get how having it can be a pain at times, but vehicles are a pain IRL. Really, it comes down to the degree of realism we want to achieve. If things get too real players won't enjoy it because it just becomes life. I also don't mean to take away from the original post's purpose. 

I support the original goal of this post, my only concern is if you try to sell a used vehicle, players will use the milage to try to talk the seller down, even though mileage doesn't have any effect. Down the road, if my suggestion becomes more plausible we may start up a poll, and we'll see what the majority would like. 

Edited by FearnR
  • 2 months later...
On 7/4/2019 at 12:57 PM, FearnR said:

I support this,

I heavily support this recommendation.