Trucking Escalated

Coni

On 7/2/2019 at 2:03 PM, Coni said:

On the second part - I disagree. New player get 40x5,500$ = 220,000$ just for being online in the first 40 hours. That is more than enough to get you started on pretty much everything. Could buy a house + car with that or two cars or a better house and no car. 

5 Deliveries a day would still mean you were able to do other jobs such as garbage delivery or RP jobs. It's your fault really if after 40 hours and 200k earned you still have to heavily rely on one particular profession. And as you level that profession, 5 deliveries go up to mean 5x15 deliveries. That's ~10500 $ earned and you barely took 1 hour to do that. Now you still got all the other time in the world to add upon that.

I completely understand where you are coming from but I've got few issues with it.

It is indeed enough to get you started on everything but think how long it takes. Average person stays online for maximum of 3 hours per day. That's almost two weeks of playing before you can start buying property or vehicles. In my opinion trucking should be somehow regulated but 5 deliveries a day is not sufficient. We all want to get up on our feet rather quickly and start getting into RP stuff. You don't go out much if you don't have a job in real life, do you. Even with small money you don't usually really go out. If you have enough money you go out, interact with people, do stuff that you want to do. So it is here in this server. You need to like, somehow get stuff you want and for that you have to work. Earning 10 thousand a day doing 5 trucking runs isn't enough in my opinion. Leave it how it is, but punish those who break the rules doing it. We all have rather good computers since we are playing GTA V so we all should be able to record or take screens of everything.

Three hours a day = 16500k per day plus 5*700 trucking = 20k+ per day. Thats 80k in four days enough for half the houses and nearly all vehicles. This excludes you doing bartender jobs or other Money generating things. So you could propably even beat 4 days if u hussle. 

The real life argument falls apart since u dont afford property in 2 weeks IRL. So if you bring up that argument you should have to RP jobs on this server for YEARS before being able to purchase property. But since that is not sustainable, we dont. Why? Because its not fun. 

Trucking is not the only job available. But its the only one creating disturbing traffic and bothers rp spots. This was not the case pre 1.6 at least not in this frequency. 

People always go the way of least resistance. Before 1.6 that was fishing in Alamo with a Jetski. This at least didnt bother anyone much as it was off the radar so to speak. Now its trucking and this though is very disturbing for the immersion of others. 

I prefered when the grinders were tucked away in Alamo tbh. 

Edit: And I dont think its fair to implement RP disturbing jobs and basically promote non-RP behavior with funds - and then the playerbase gotta administrate the server and take screenshots and proof. I would be busy all day with that crap and if I wanted to then Id apply as admin. 

An engine solution would be much more sustainable. RP first - engine second. Right now trucking was balanced the other way around and you feel it. 

Edited by Coni
  • 11 months later...
  • Perky locked this topic