Petition to change how crate purchases work for trucking

Short description: Right now, you must have money in your wallet to purchase crates, not your bank. It pulls from your wallet.

Detailed description: It's very simple. This is going to create a HUGE problem. I understand illegal role play is a part of the server, but asking people to carry that kind of cash on them is all but guaranteed the crate pick up locations are going to become a huge robbery hub. You're advertising that truckers will have at least $300 on them and up to however many crates they can put in their truck. That's ridiculous. It's borderline metagaming because everyone will know truckers will be carrying cash to purchase crates. Change the crate purchase so that it is pulls from a player's bank if they don't have enough money in their wallet (same as when purchasing auto parts, it does this). Trucking will become such a hassle, it will be an illegal roleplayer's dream to see a trucker on the road. 

Commands to add: /pickupcrate should pull money from a player's bank if they don't have enough money in their wallet.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Quality of life for someone trying to earn an honest living. 

Additional information: None.

Edited by Kestalas
  • Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Annaex said:

+1 on this. When you finish a delivery, the money is transferred to your bank. So it would be great if the money can be pulled from the bank when you even buy a crate.

Exactly. I might as well become a career robber because that's a guaranteed paycheck, especially if they all have to carry that cash around to buy the crates.

IMO, everything that needs cash right now only, should be changed.

Such as phone store, gun store, clothing store, every other store. Nothing worse than pulling up to a shop, realizing you forgot to get money and go driving around trying to find a atm. 

+1

• Upvote 1

I posted this in a bug report because I don't think developers are intentionally doing it this way.

But yeah, you're paid into the bank so I don't see why you can't purchase materials from your bank, everyone uses digitised payment methods these days. 

I did two runs trucking to understand what the issue is. 

+1

This just creates a hoop to jump through. After each delivery you need to visit a bank and withdraw money again. Except inconvenience, nothing gained. 

a.) Selling crates is paid in cash. In this case you encourage people carrying bigger amounts of money and in return robberies. Could be beneficial to increase roleplay, need for armed delivery and to do deliveries with multiple people so more load = more protection. On the other hand not so good for low activity times as this could be abused by advanced players. Engine jobs are always good to increase playtime for people who can't play during peek hours. 

b.) Crates are bought with bank money and placed there. In this case robberies are not encouraged but doing trucking during low player times is good to spend more time on the server. Removes the hoop bank-visit after each delivery. 

I completely disagree with this suggestion as there is one thing I find even more unrealistic about the whole deal. I know quite a few people who make a living by working as truckers, and while few of them actually own the trucks they use, others really just work as workers for companies that provide them with trucks. Of course, this is implemented in game, and the ones with their own trucks gain more $$$ per delivery, but what bothers me is that truckers must buy the crates. I've never so far heard that you, as a transporter, actually have to pay the goods you are transporting, it is just not normal. Not only is it unrealistic that you are technically acting as goods reseller and supplier, not a trucker, but I believe it will also drastically increase amount of robberies against the truckers. You all seem to have issue with being robbed for a limit of 5k, but far more lucrative thing here will be robbing the actual crates as there is no limit on them, plus each crate is worth 500$ when delivered.

So yes only reason why I don't agree with this suggestion is because I believe truckers shouldn't be even paying for the crates in the first place.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, DjoleK said:

I completely disagree with this suggestion as there is one thing I find even more unrealistic about the whole deal. I know quite a few people who make a living by working as truckers, and while few of them actually own the trucks they use, others really just work as workers for companies that provide them with trucks. Of course, this is implemented in game, and the ones with their own trucks gain more $$$ per delivery, but what bothers me is that truckers must buy the crates. I've never so far heard that you, as a transporter, actually have to pay the goods you are transporting, it is just not normal. Not only is it unrealistic that you are technically acting as goods reseller and supplier, not a trucker, but I believe it will also drastically increase amount of robberies against the truckers. You all seem to have issue with being robbed for a limit of 5k, but far more lucrative thing here will be robbing the actual crates as there is no limit on them, plus each crate is worth 500$ when delivered.

So yes only reason why I don't agree with this suggestion is because I believe truckers shouldn't be even paying for the crates in the first place.

I completely agree, but I figured it would be easier to implement my suggestion versus rewriting the system to automatically have crates in the truck, but hey... never know lol

• mj2002 locked this topic