GTX 1060 - is it worth it?

sevo

13 minutes ago, CheezyTheNerd said:

I bought the 3GB and returned it 3 days later for the 6GB version. 

Get the 6GB.

Certainly noted. I'll probably be getting the 6GB one then - another budding question I have to ask though (this is aimed at anybody): what brand do I get? Is this relevant?

17 minutes ago, Matt - said:

I'd also say go for the 6gb version, I have one and I have had no issues with it. Also, another 8gb of ram is good for like PUBG if you are running other things as I know that my friends struggled with PUBG and 8gb of ram.

Thanks a lot. RAM will also be high on my list.

19 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

With all honesty, I would highly suggest to get the 6GB version.

Noted.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, CheezyTheNerd said:

I currently have and always bought Zotac cards. Never had a problem with any, owned 750ti, 960, 1060.

Zotac 1060 6GB

Is there any reason why these cards tend to have relatively drastic price differences between the different brands? Are the components within the cards much different to the extent where I would notice?

2 minutes ago, CheezyTheNerd said:

Quoted by Dolan.

Different parts of each model. Each company does different types of components. Price ranges for each company. Sorry if that sounded confusing. >.<

No worries. Thanks a lot Cheezy. 

Dont bother upgrading your psu, thats more than enough power.

look around at prices before buying a gou. I bought a 1080 that was on sale for over $150 on amazon that I was gunna pay full price for from my regular store that I buy from.

you might beable to find a deal and get a 1070

9 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Dont bother upgrading your psu, thats more than enough power.

look around at prices before buying a gou. I bought a 1080 that was on sale for over $150 on amazon that I was gunna pay full price for from my regular store that I buy from.

you might beable to find a deal and get a 1070

I'll keep it in mind. I'm currently just saving up for now until I can upgrade a few parts at once. I want to be able to get a new case and perhaps another RAM stick. My PSU needs upgrading because it makes this awful whirring noise when you first start the pc, which needs a good whack on the top of the case to make it shut the fuck up.

I use a GTX 1060 6GB. Like the other said, make sure to get the 6GB version and not the 3GB version. I combine it with i5-6600k, 16GB of RAM + a 700GB SSD. I'm very satisfied with the gaming experience.

Phanteks Eclipse P400S is my PC case, and I find it really attractive. It also has a fan control button in the front which can change between 3 modes.

If you are from the US, you should definitely check this out.

https://www.vive.com/us/nvidia-gtx-1070-vive-bundle/

Edited by Allan