How meta do we get?

Coni

Here is an image as an example of how meta the RP gets bend at times. I am just wondering - how far do we go? Should GTA:SA exist in GTA5 when in RP it should propably be just normal history and not a game? 

3ILwxms.png

This also ties in with the question as to how much of our RL components should be part of the world we portray. We wouldn't Roleplay Heineken beverages or other RL brands if this would be a Lord of the Rings setting. So why is it acceptable to use RL brands in this setting? It's still it's own world with it's own lore brand and productwise. Just because Lord of the Rings is a middle age setting that wouldn't make it right to speak about Game of Thrones topics within that world just because "it's middle age too!" or talk about RL middle age stuff like real world history. 

Give me your thoughts. 

P.S.: I didn't intend to put anyone on the blast over this. That's why I tried to anonymize the picture as much as possible. 

Edited by Coni
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, I've roleplayed as being from San Fierro and have been looked down upon for this, for whatever reason. I've seen others roleplaying gangs such as the Ballas and being promptly shut down by FM for 'GTA lore'.

The server's called 'GTA World', and we're playing in Los Santos, and it does have lore.

So what're we playing then? It seems people have these different viewpoints on what we're actually playing. A roleplay server, that much is unanimous. A roleplay server based merely in GTA's platform or on GTA in its entirety? I don't know. It seems like an ambiguous amalgamation of real life and GTA so far.

Someone should clarify this, server-wide. Otherwise we may as well be playing in Los Angeles World.

From what I've heard the server management team is working on the set continuity which will describe what should and should not be roleplayed.

However GTA Lore (Story mode) is really really really unrealistic if you look at it and I doubt you'll ever be allowed to RP scenarios from let's say GTASA or GTAV story happening on GTAW. 

Edited by Brian

The thing is - GTA 5 is a parody of our world. Basically an exaggerated, parallel universe where all our ticks as society are exaggerated. 

So while I do understand that those things are unrealistic and exaggerated they could also very well be just "Normal" in the understanding of our universe. Of course due to balancing issues they can't have one person holding 10 different gun types shoot up a mafia warehouse with 100 guards. 

But over exaggerated products and advertisement like Pisswasser (which is basically piss water in german) do have their place and should also be continued by the players (which many people gladly do).

But from a step back the general gang wars of Los Santos, the riots that happened in 90-something could still be part of real history. As for the GTA5 Singleplayer, I would just leave that away history wise, so: the products, brands, etc from the Singleplayer exist but in our world Trevor, Michael and co just never existed. But I would include the history of all previous titles (at least to the extend they can be placed in the category "History"). Since most GTA had a very personal driven story in the first place, I think we could still pull alot out from that (especially San Andreas).