HD Universe and you.

Engelbert

1. I can promise you that importing an excel list to DB will not take any of the developers' time. 

2. If the only 'resource' who was assigned to this has a problem with it then he can leave at any moment @mother_superior. I have a feeling he wouldn't though. 

We do care about continuity and we do want to solve major arguments within the community. If you take a look at any of the 20 "where is LS located" topics or the "should it snow in LS" topic which is most likely the largest discussion on our forums to date you'll see that people do care, a lot. 

The key to enjoyable RP on a high standards server (in terms of quality) is following basic RP traits which are character development, realistic portrayal and continuity. FM and PLM handle the first two while Continuity will handle the third, which sums up my entire role on the server. 

So we've established that staff members in my sub teams aren't wasting their time and we've established that developers won't be wasting their time either. Moreover, we've also proven that several arguments, including the worst one to date revolved around continuity. 

I think having a small team for continuity is more than useful to sum it up. 

• Upvote 1

No need to promise me, it being exhausting was just jokes. But a little bit of transparency would answer those questions.

Surely we are based around Los Angeles as that is what the fictional city Los Santos inspires from, and in the city of Los Angeles does it snow? From personal experience, extremely rarely very seldom does it ever snow in the city of Los Angeles, so wouldn't this be the correct answer to clear up all of this confusion that some players may have? I continue to assume that we are using Los Angeles as a base for the city since an administrator recently mentioned wanting to concatenate the Los Angeles prison and the future server prison to function similarly, unless not everyone is on the same page in staffing and management in which case no wonder everyone is left confused and there has been no real answer for us players.

I get the server's trying to enforce high standards but these questions should already have been figured out and answered officially to ease everyone's mind. So realistically yes, implementing 'continuity' into the server physically is not time consuming but more so how is it going to work then, have you devised anything that is well thought out in regards to ruling? Will there be ruling? Will players no longer be allowed to role play entities outside of the servers orientation.. how is it all going to come together? 

Your quite is honestly odd. 

If Continuity wasn't something we planned then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead I would have posted the answer regarding the universe, locking the thread instead of replying to this thread over and over again.  

Each subject we cover is going to be publicly posted on the forums in organized fashion. There will be ruling on matters concerning continuity however as you can tell players who don't follow it aren't DMing or Hacking or doing whatever so they won't be punished unless they start insulting the handling admin and whatnot. 

We do expect players to follow the continuity we establish, however, we do realize this is new to most if not all of our players so we aren't going to punish them or anything of the sort unless things really go south during their conversation with staff. 

Continuity is there to help the player, not screw him over. Knowing what's around you significantly helps your RP since you know how to react to your surroundings.

To answer your question: Not everyone is on the same page. In fact, each major continuity concern usually divides the community in half so it's not obvious to everyone and honestly it doesn't have to be either, that's what we have continuity for. It should have been done a long time ago but it wasn't so now we're taking things into our own hands. You'd be surprised how many RP communities do not have establish continuity and to this day no one knows wtf is going on around them on those servers. We'll be avoiding that by giving an extra push in the right direction, being among the first ones to fully define the setting of the server. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ethanol said:

If Continuity wasn't something we planned then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead I would have posted the answer regarding the universe, locking the thread instead of replying to this thread over and over again.  

Each subject we cover is going to be publicly posted on the forums in organized fashion. There will be ruling on matters concerning continuity however as you can tell players who don't follow it aren't DMing or Hacking or doing whatever so they won't be punished unless they start insulting the handling admin and whatnot. 

We do expect players to follow the continuity we establish, however, we do realize this is new to most if not all of our players so we aren't going to punish them or anything of the sort unless things really go south during their conversation with staff. 

This is very refreshing to hear. Continuity is something that has lacked from other communities in the past.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Brian said:

So in short if continuity says (Which I'm sure it won't, scenario can be reversed) that Buffalo doesn't exist and it's a Dodge Charger, some random player can walk up to the car n' say '' Yo sick Bravado dude!'' and won't be punished?

Conversation w/ staff insinuates from what i understand, encouraging the player to role play X instead of Y and if continued, prolly kicked/jailed/banned.  

12 hours ago, Ethanol said:

• 1 year later...
  • Perky locked this topic