White Gangsters in San Andreas

• 3 months later...
On 6/21/2019 at 11:59 PM, Bospy said:

You should update this, Bospy. NLR are a no-good gang nowadays and like 99% of their members were put in the hat by the AB. Anyone who the AB liked were either absorbed into the Brand or were put on the 'good guy' list.

Edited by Josh
On 7/13/2019 at 8:53 AM, liq said:

Can a character be half-Hispanic?

Yes, he can be. The scene is friendly to people which are part Hispanic. White gangs were influenced early on by Hispanic gangs, so they have no problem with the cholo thing. When you end up in prison, you need to identify with one of the groups. The other thing is that gangs also dictate in part of which group you represent in. For example, a white Norteño/Sureño will usually go with the Hispanic group. So in that line of thought, a peckerwood/skinhead gang member who has the last name of Hernandez, will have no trouble in running with the whites. It's about numbers. Your character can even be Jewish. African-American characters are expectedly not permitted.

Should there be any drug use?

White gang members are notorious for their use of methamphetamine. The white man's crack. If you are not smoking it, then someone next to you is. White gang politics revolve around prison and the meth trade. Almost all PEN1 members are drug users. Some cook it, some get it from other gangs. There is a long list of stories how white gang members get messed up on meth, then go do some crazy shit they get arrested for. Sometimes it keeps them up for days and makes them very paranoid.

That section about Hispanics - I'd argue full Hispanics are also permissible. Quite a few peckerwood gangs are known to have partially merged with varrios. You'll find sources stating things like "the Latino members were absorbed into [so and so varrio]", implying that those peckerwood gangs had full Latinos as members. Of course they'd be culturally white, just as white members of varrios are culturally Latino. Something to be considered for anyone looking at roleplaying a Latino in a white gang.

Adding onto the part about drug use, I think there's an addendum to be highlighted. Considering the close relationship white inmates have with Latino inmates in some prisons, and the prolific use of heroin among the Mexican cars, it's really common for white criminals to enter prison with a methamphetamine habit but to leave with a heroin habit. Heroin is a lot more common inside than methamphetamine, and it's a pretty logical jump to make. A point to consider for anyone roleplaying a white ex-con.

• Upvote 1

The general consensus is that white bangers are pretty chill with the cholos because they've been taking the style, the demeanor, the street wear, the skating, etc. Any iteration of hardcore hate punks comes from very old peckerwoods or is just lax because the name of the game's money. It's why anybody in some sort of 'Hate Beach' white faction looks like a massive troll who wants to channel their inner racism and deathmatch people.

La Miranda Punks is a perfect example of a Latino-White gang. It's that deep.

The female involvement mentions I made on the previous page are crucial too. Skinbyrds don't bang. It's very probable that they don't even have ink to avoid being documented as a gang member. They're usually pimped out or being the legal work bees of the white gangsters, and that goes all the way from cash deposits in the pen to running errands, disposing of evidence, whatever. The point I'm trying to get across is they're definitely tweaking, they're in the life, but you'll never ever see a skin let some byrd on a drive by. The white supremacist ideology is very rudimentary to its roots where women aren't soldiers.

Edited by liq
2 minutes ago, liq said:

The general consensus is that white bangers are pretty chill with the cholos because they've been taking the style, the demeanor, the street wear, the skating, etc. Any iteration of hardcore hate punks comes from very old peckerwoods or is just lax because the name of the game's money. It's why anybody in some sort of 'Hate Beach' white faction looks like a massive troll who wants to channel their inner racism and deathmatch people.

La Miranda Punks is a perfect example of a Latino-White gang. It's that deep.

The female involvement mentions I made on the previous page are crucial too. Skinbyrds don't bang. It's very probable that they don't even have ink to avoid being documented as a gang member. They're usually pimped out or being the legal work bees of the white gangsters, and that goes all the way from cash deposits in the pen to running errands, disposing of evidence, whatever. The point I'm trying to get across is they're definitely tweaking, they're in the life, but you'll never ever see a skin let some byrd on a drive by.

Southern Mexicans are also a friendly race in prison (for the most part). That relationship wouldn't work if the white inmates were racially prejudiced against them. You're 100% on the money about hate factions too. It needs to be done VERY carefully or you just risk looking uninformed, and there's a good chance more experienced white roleplayers will seek to distance themselves from you. I know we did in DGW, if I'm to be brutally honest.

On 5/31/2020 at 9:11 AM, Large Hazard said:

Southern Mexicans are also a friendly race in prison (for the most part). That relationship wouldn't work if the white inmates were racially prejudiced against them. You're 100% on the money about hate factions too. It needs to be done VERY carefully or you just risk looking uninformed, and there's a good chance more experienced white roleplayers will seek to distance themselves from you. I know we did in DGW, if I'm to be brutally honest.

"The racism's there but it ain't like, it ain't the focus. It's mostly because of prison I think. When PENI got started it wasn't a bunch of Neo-Nazi skins. Just a bunch of a punkers who liked Rudimentary Peni. It's prison that does it, cause there's firm, total racial segregation behind bars.

The focus is always money.

No matter what.

Black, white, brown, the money's always green."

-

"I was very racist. The difference between those groups like Hammerskins, or Volksfront is that they look down on drug users, as to where gangs like Public Enemy Number 1 are engulfed by it. You'll find some members of the gang that are actually Neo-Nazis. They believe strongly in white supremacy. But most of them, if not, all of them, would do business with a black man if it put a little coin in their pockets."

Credits to Merca for finding this because it resonates exactly with the point I'm trying to put across. Respect to you for role-playing a white gangster right.

Edited by liq
  • Upvote 1

What all these gangs have in common is that their criminal activity often transcends their ideology, whatever ideology that may be. Their criminal ends overcome their racist views when the need arises.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A little piece of interesting info I picked up recently, which I had never come across before. Apparently the 'regs' (woods and skins) have a term for white inmates who don't 'get down' during riots etc. They're referred to as 'caucasians'. I assume this comes from the fact that all white inmates are officially designated as caucasian, but the peckerwoods and skinheads don't consider the 'lames' who don't participate in violence for the race to be worthy of the label white. Being white is apparently a distinction reserved for the more serious inmates. In other words, these inmates might be officially designated as caucasian by CDCR but they're not considered to really be part of the 'white' car by those in it, who know not to rely on them to have their back.

The white car (except on level 4s, usually) often has a lot of older white inmates or just guys who aren't career criminals. I always wondered exactly how they were treated (other than being called lame), apparently the label caucasian is part of it. Thinking about it, the protagonist in Shotcaller would have pretty much been considered a caucasian if he hadn't chose to get involved.

Edited by Large Hazard
  • Upvote 2