Illegal scam limit reaction.

Legate

10 hours ago, Ethanol said:

ok? 

First of all, if you want to CK him you can submit an app. CKing him isn't related to getting your money back in any way but it's always an option. 

You can obtain the money through IC means. Kidnap him, kill his dog, ask him nicely - it's really up to you. If the person randomly goes inactive or NCs for the money then we will deduct the money from his account, refunding you as there is no way for you to get the money back ICly. 

I'd be careful with who I pay and what I buy though. If you dish out large amounts of money to random people who have no interest in maintaining their reputation then you'll obviously get burnt and that's on you. 

5 hours ago, Ethanol said:

They're all about money and that is the only motivation most people have which is accurate portrayal.

If you only know people who limit themselves to that then you're either RPing with extremely low level criminals ICly or with a group of people who can't portray criminals properly. Nothing's stopping you from trying to join people who are involved in thing beyond robbing random people. 

You take what they own. 

1. You can force them to tell you where the money is or give you access to it. 

2. I wouldn't mind reviewing requests for vehicles, items and so on if that's the case. If he doesn't have the money then bleed him dry in terms of other assets. You'd obviously have to request it from me and get my approval but beyond that I don't see a reason not to take what's yours by hitting the scammer's assets rather than his pocket(directly). 

Pretty much what you said here sums up what people can do IC wise. Hit the person for the money, assets if he does not have it if all fails apply for a CK perm or asset application.

I’m really worried about him magically not having the money or even assets & then just being fucked overall. What if I make a new character, scam $400,000, give it all to a friend and then NEVER log on again or something? Would the dude I scammed be screwed?

& If I go on a spree scamming multiple players is that the same as a robbing spree?

Edited by Captain
20 hours ago, Captain said:

I’m really worried about him magically not having the money or even assets & then just being fucked overall. What if I make a new character, scam $400,000, give it all to a friend and then NEVER log on again or something? Would the dude I scammed be screwed?

& If I go on a spree scamming multiple players is that the same as a robbing spree?

You seem to have missed the point in what Ethanol wrote. You are allowed to ICly go for his assets under admin permission, if he does exactly what you said or just goes inactive, admins will OOCly intervene ( or at least I read it that way? )

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

You seem to have missed the point in what Ethanol wrote. You are allowed to ICly go for his assets under admin permission, if he does exactly what you said or just goes inactive, admins will OOCly intervene ( or at least I read it that way? )

Hey thanks I understand that. But what I’m saying is.. it’s not clear for us what the rules and regulations regarding this are. 

Disliking the idea that players are stating that criminals are only interested in accumulating wealth. A GOOD roleplayer would develop an entire STORY (Yes, a story... not random robberies) revolving around the accumulation of wealth. My character's a marijuana and cocaine dealer that has provided two homeless individuals with alcohol, formed a deep personal relationship with a sub-urban woman that is simple seeking survival tips in the city, hiring a Japanese migrant to sell small amounts of cocaine on the street etc...

Life is more than just robbing players for wealth. It revolves around attempting to maintain loyal clients and suppliers within the street that trust and respect you for your actions... my character's respected by 100% of the individuals that he's conversed with, except for one Law enforcement officer that I had cursed at. In reality, the streets is based on respect, not chaotic situations that arise every ten minutes. If you're known to be a scammer? Well, the streets won't protect you.

Edited by DLimit

To me someone doing fishing for 3 weeks straight, accumulating enough guap for a mansion is equally as bad of RP as running someone over to rob him is (which is not allowed on this server as far as I understood). 

Just like someone RPing nothing but a bartender but simultaneously owns a villa and 1 million in vehicles. Just like if some Rancho Gangster drives around in a bugatti in his hood. 

It has nothing to do with the criminal element and all to do with how much someone values currency/wealth over consistency / realism. Being a Criminal means not being restricted by law as to how you approach life. It means considering a fist fight an equally good solution as to talk it out, despite being illegal. Selling stuff that you are not allowed to sell through means you are not allowed to use. 

It has nothing to do with the quality of your character. Thats something that happens on an individual level. 

On 6/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, Captain said:

You should read the rules again, something like this is not allowed. Giving away all of your money to a friend without a valid reason and never logging back in could be considered as asset transferring which is against the rules. Scamming rules are pretty good on this server and rather realistic where you can apply for a ck which lets say as an example you lost 100k but you get to permanently kill their character and stop their rp which is a huge consequence for them and i say losing that much money for some good rp that involves in a characters permanent death is worth the price. Also you can avoid being scammed by being smart and using common sense in most of the cases

On 6/19/2019 at 9:59 AM, Captain said:

Honestly my fault, I was under the impression that the rule was that you couldn’t scam more than 75k so icly my character just paid them and then walked over to the guy that was supposed to hand over the guns and then he drove off did a burnout / donut and disappeared into the wind LOL.

This is a big problem here, feeling protected by a perceived OOC limitation.  Even if gun and drug deals were protected by the same limitations, your character should still be played with the mindset that they could get double crossed and lose everything.   Anyway, locking this as per request!

• KV locked this topic