Permanent Vehicle Seizure / Crushing

Westen

Hi.

Too many idiots evade in cars that cost more than their houses, and then then they inevitably get caught by the PD, they unimpound it the next day for a low low cost of $1000 and don't roleplay the fact that only yesterday did they slam it into a wall at Mach 3.

What would everyone's thoughts be on a system whereby if you evade from the cops, your car is impounded for longer, and if you continuously evade, then your car is seized by the police indefinitely or even just straight up destroyed?

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

I support this. Seized vehicles should be allowed to be auctioned off by the police or indeed indefinitely destroyed. There's more risk to taking out your vehicle to go evade the police, even if it's just a game. We're trying to project realism here.

45 minutes ago, Westen said:

Hi.

Too many idiots evade in cars that cost more than their houses, and then then they inevitably get caught by the PD, they unimpound it the next day for a low low cost of $1000 and don't roleplay the fact that only yesterday did they slam it into a wall at Mach 3.

What would everyone's thoughts be on a system whereby if you evade from the cops, your car is impounded for longer, and if you continuously evade, then your car is seized by the police indefinitely or even just straight up destroyed?

Absolutely. I'm always in support of a realistic way to make players think twice with their character's actions. This is role play after all. In real life from what I've read, California has a 30-day impound law where they may impound your car for up to 30 days under certain circumstances. Excessive speeding, racing and reckless driving fall under those circumstances. Usually impound lots charge from $30-$50 per day, so obviously with the in-game economy I would make that higher and make them pay it. 

I also feel that evading should be a mandatory loss of license for a given period of time (first offense, then permanent after that) + jail time. Just my two cents. 

Just now, Pollster said:

Absolutely. I'm always in support of a realistic way to make players think twice with their character's actions. This is role play after all. In real life from what I've read, California has a 30-day impound law where they may impound your car for up to 30 days under certain circumstances. Excessive speeding, racing and reckless driving fall under those circumstances. Usually impound lots charge from $30-$50 per day, so obviously with the in-game economy I would make that higher and make them pay it. 

I also feel that evading should be a mandatory loss of license for a given period of time (first offense, then permanent after that) + jail time. Just my two cents. 

Evasion is a 7 day licence suspension, but considering the repercussion for driving without a licence is literally 1 hour in jail, everyone drives on a suspended licence regardless.

Just now, Westen said:

Evasion is a 7 day licence suspension, but considering the repercussion for driving without a licence is literally 1 hour in jail, everyone drives on a suspended licence regardless.

*sighs*

Maybe that should be revisited then lol ? 

https://www.shouselaw.com/article-suspended-license.html

I get that at the end of the day, this is a video game. However, there should be an element of realism and consequence. Right now the way you just phrased that, its evident the consequence is no where near high enough.

I like it. This sounds like more of a law suggestion than a script suggestion, though. 
That being said, I'm all for it and would even go as far as suggesting that auctioning off seized cars would be a great way for PD to get a bit more funding.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Thirteen said:

I like it. This sounds like more of a law suggestion than a script suggestion, though. 
That being said, I'm all for it and would even go as far as suggesting that auctioning off seized cars would be a great way for PD to get a bit more funding.

What is 'funding' for PD? Don't all cops get a gun with 400 bullets whenever they go on duty anyways? Curious to know what PD uses money for.

• Rukka locked this topic