License & Dealership (Temp Tags)

Roach

When a player attempts to purchase a vehicle from a dealership, they must have their driver's license on them. After purchasing the vehicle, it will have a temporary tag that lasts 3 days before it expires, and needs to be registered.

Edited by Roach
Just now, St3fan[NL] said:

In RL you dont need a license to buy a car either. Atleast not in the NL for as far as I know.

The registrations is an IC issue so idk why we should add something scriptwise to it?

I think many people assume you can RP a driver's license. This is the reason many people get cited, or even arrested. Most dealerships do provide a temporary tag for drivers to get to the DMV. It prevents unnecessary traffic stops by PD. 

Edited by Roach
  • Developer
Just now, Roach said:

I think many people assume you can RP a driver's license. This is the reason many people get cited, or even arrested. Most dealerships do provide a temporary tag for drivers to get to the DMV. It prevents unnecessary traffic stops by PD. 

Thats no excuse, once a NEW player spawns at the airport after the creation, the script TELLS them to go to the DMV to get a license. It even puts a waypoint to direct you there. There's no excuse for not knowing you need a license, you are basically told at the start of your roleplay.

Thats no excuse, once a NEW player spawns at the airport after the creation, the script TELLS them to go to the DMV to get a license. It even puts a waypoint to direct you there. There's no excuse for not knowing you need a license, you are basically told at the start of your roleplay.

It also puts them in front of a rental dealership that doesn't require a license.

• Developer
Just now, Roach said:

It also puts them in front of a rental dealership that doesn't require a license.

Again, they are TOLD they need a license. Anyone can think clearly and figure out that if you get told to get  a license, you shouldn't drive a car without one. 

Everything you mention are IC issues. And you are asking us to put an OOC fix for that.

Again, they are TOLD they need a license. Anyone can think clearly and figure out that if you get told to get  a license, you shouldn't drive a car without one. 

Everything you mention are IC issues. And you are asking us to put an OOC fix for that.

A rental dealership wouldn't let you rent a vehicle without a license. Some states do vary on requiring a license to purchase from a dealership, which is probably a government thing I agree.

Edited by Roach
  • Developer
Just now, JustAnM43 said:

I'd personally love to see this. I'm in support of this. Temp tags are a thing in the United States and it's silly buying a car with a blank plate. It just doesn't happen. 

For the buying a car with blank plate issue is already an update planned which you will all be informed about soon.

For the buying a car with blank plate issue is already an update planned which you will all be informed about soon.

The only logical solution I see in fixing that are temp plates. Because that's what cars have when they're bought new.