Making Gun Shot Wound roleplay more enjoyable - but how?

Cobra

Just now, Captain said:

Bro but that’s the RP I’ve been hit with so many times. I don’t even know realistic answers to that shit either?

You don't know how to say your pulse is ok, and your breathing is fine?

If I get shot would I have a high or low pulse? I legitimately don’t know realistic answers to these things and I’m sure others don’t either. When you guys are treating people you do a lot of things they that they don’t know exactly how it works they just want to be saved. You could literally go /me sticks a ice cream cone in the wound & then go /do does the bleeding stop? & I bet they’ll say yes.

Edited by Captain
4 minutes ago, Captain said:

If I get shot would I have a high or low pulse? I legitimately don’t know realistic answers to these things and I’m sure others don’t either. When you guys are treating people you do a lot of things they that they don’t know exactly how it works they just want to be saved. You could literally go /me sticks a ice cream cone in the wound & then go /do does the bleeding stop? & I bet they’ll say yes.

We're flexible when it comes to stuff like that, we would treat either scenario, the reason why we ask for pulse is so that if it's incredibly low or non existent we get the old defibs out. 

Realistically, depending on the volume of blood loss, your heart rate is likely to increase due to haemorrhagic shock. 

This is when your heart starts pumping blood around quicker, because there's less of it, as well as decreased blood pressure due to the loss of blood. 

All you need to do is ask, we are more than happy to help guide you through roleplay. We can't sit and list every possibility though lol, we would be there years 

9 minutes ago, Captain said:

You could even look it up yourself, only takes two minutes to actually find out how your body would react. RP goes both ways, we cant sit and hold everyone's hand through a scene.

A system that simulates what kind of damage would’ve been done when a player gets shot would be nice now that I think of it. You guys could suggest that. Typically a player would try to make the wound seem like it didn’t do that much damage when realistically they would’ve died for ex a headshot. Typing on my phone btw that’s why I sound ridiculous. 

Edited by Captain
Just now, Captain said:

A system that simulates what kind of damage would’ve been done when a player gets shot would be nice now that I think of it. You guys could suggest that. Typically a player would try to make the sound seem like it didn’t do that much damage when realistically they would’ve died for ex a headshot. 

That's actually a really good idea, could solve this entire thing. 

*Daniel's blood pressure is dropping* 

We have to use the correct piece of equipment to counter that.

*Daniel is bleeding from his torso* 

We have a range of equipment to use but only the right stuff will stop the bleeding, such as applying a trauma dressing or perhaps a special type of dressing etc 

* Daniels shin was shattered by the round. 

& then even make it so that you guys have to travel with the proper equipment and if you don’t have it you’re fucked and have to resort to other means.

Edited by Captain
  • Keane locked this topic
  • Keane unlocked this topic