How to install mods on RAGEMP

27 minutes ago, aldo said:

what do you do when you don't have a ragemp folder?

Find it, because you do, otherwise you can't play. Right click your shortcut on the desktop, then click "properties" or "open file location". If you clicked properties, click "Open file location" there.

image.png.b5389e4b9e632cc94101f0e59a1ea1e4.png

image.png.aee4d66bab9c99c06d73d8af70df47c9.png

I've created a texture/effects overhaul out of several re-texture mods, basically one huge merge, this including textures from mods such as Redux, Project Reload and several others, I made it as an addon so it works just like the others would, simple drag and drop to the dlcpacks on the server folder and you're done.. Pack is around 6.5GB of total size so it might take a hit on your Rage-MP loading times, do not recommend for low-end PC's but textures in general do not have a big impact on frames.

So if you're using the L.A Roads or L.A Billboards addons you can get rid of those to help with the load times, since they won't be needed anymore with the new texture pack I made, this will be your all-in-one package regarding textures.

Few random pics: https://ibb.co/album/co1rqa

(The re-texture pack is currently being uploaded as I write this, but will be inside the 'Texture' folder of the mega.nz main folder once completed, 30 mins to 1 hour).

As for whoever requested the male body, I've converted it into an addon and it is already added to the main folder of the mega.nz link, works the same way as the female one, drag and drop, same for a requested second variation of the female body along with a female face improvement addon.

In regards to the download quota limits on mega.nz, if you do run into this problem simply create a free account on the website as this should get rid of your quota limit.

Might also attempt to eventually make NVR into an addon format, because in the current state game updates will most likely break it and whoever's using the retail version of the game instead of steam, seem to be having issues with it, as it automatically re-downloads the modded files, I would suggest you search for a way around it and possibly block the auto-updating in the meanwhile.

Edited by Firesky
  • Applaud 1
2 hours ago, Firesky said:

Might also attempt to eventually make NVR into an addon format, because in the current state game updates will most likely break it and whoever's using the retail version of the game instead of steam, seem to be having issues with it, as it automatically re-downloads the modded files, I would suggest you search for a way around it and possibly block the auto-updating in the meanwhile.

This cannot be the case, updates to GTA force updates to Rage which forces your localized GTA to require matching updates. 

Edited by zUgg zUgg
21 hours ago, Firesky said:

I've created a texture/effects overhaul out of several re-texture mods, basically one huge merge, this including textures from mods such as Redux, Project Reload and several others, I made it as an addon so it works just like the others would, simple drag and drop to the dlcpacks on the server folder and you're done.. Pack is around 6.5GB of total size so it might take a hit on your Rage-MP loading times, do not recommend for low-end PC's but textures in general do not have a big impact on frames.

So if you're using the L.A Roads or L.A Billboards addons you can get rid of those to help with the load times, since they won't be needed anymore with the new texture pack I made, this will be your all-in-one package regarding textures.

Few random pics: https://ibb.co/album/co1rqa

(The re-texture pack is currently being uploaded as I write this, but will be inside the 'Texture' folder of the mega.nz main folder once completed, 30 mins to 1 hour).

As for whoever requested the male body, I've converted it into an addon and it is already added to the main folder of the mega.nz link, works the same way as the female one, drag and drop, same for a requested second variation of the female body along with a female face improvement addon.

In regards to the download quota limits on mega.nz, if you do run into this problem simply create a free account on the website as this should get rid of your quota limit.

Really nice job on that last pack.

I have a request about it though, would it be possible to have a version without LA Billboards in it? Because personally, it's a little weird to drive around LOS SANTOS and see the HOLLYWOOD letters in the hills, ads about Heineken, McDonalds, BMW, etc...

All the rest of the textures in it are really awesome, but I'm a little bit reluctant to use it because of LA Billboards.

@Firesky and @kilerbite thanks for the work for this. I really love it. Been wanting some retextures for some stuff. This is great! 

I do agree with the LA Billboards part, though. It doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother Mytrix. But it'd be nice to have them be original billboards or at least the Vinewood sign instead of the Hollywood letters. Idk if that's the case but if it is, that isn't great!

Also, question to Firesky. The screenshots above, did you make them with ENB or without ENB? I can't tell. My ENB looks really weird when using it on my computer. It impacts colors and lightning incredibly heavily.

And I've made an account on Mega.nz but can confirm this doesn't help in daily quota. Tried re-downloading the 6.5gb file twice in a row (it didn't survive my computer going off for the night so had to start over) and I couldn't download it, not even in zip. And everytime I simply get that I have reached my free limit quota and have to wait 5 hours to continue or have to buy something. This is not a complaint, just something to inform others. Considering that there's no real other download website that I'd consider better and more reliable. We'll just have to work with what we have. :3 

Edited by cookiejar

@Mytrix Yea, I can make a second option where I do not include the LA Billboards textures, won't be an issue.. Maybe by tomorrow and I can have it done.

@cookiejar I believe all of them had the ENB activated, but for me the ENB difference is very minimal, the game still looks great without it and just NVR + Modded textures.

As for the limit on mega.nz.. I can perhaps later setup a second option for downloading the mods from there instead.

It's fine. I mean.. it isn't much of an issue generally for anything but the 6.5gb for me. I don't know how long it takes to get another, better download provider, so to say, either. So I wouldn't be one to tell you to do it otherwise. I downloaded one half earlier today and in 2 hours I can download the rest. So it is still do-able of you let your computer run in the meantime. :3