Gun Pull Animation

aldo

Nope. Unless we get different ways to draw, and at different speeds? I can't see this being useful or helpful in any way, shape or form. A holster system for gun stores maybe, so people can buy holster items that change their animations and/or speed, but that's a borderline RPG-tier gameplay mechanic. The system's fine as it is imo, it doesn't take that long to draw from a concealed holster/appendix carry. It might seem 'too fast' to the people unfamiliar with guns, but it's really not.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:58 AM, Gryphboi said:

Nope. Unless we get different ways to draw, and at different speeds? I can't see this being useful or helpful in any way, shape or form. A holster system for gun stores maybe, so people can buy holster items that change their animations and/or speed, but that's a borderline RPG-tier gameplay mechanic. The system's fine as it is imo, it doesn't take that long to draw from a concealed holster/appendix carry. It might seem 'too fast' to the people unfamiliar with guns, but it's really not.

Nothing "RPG-tier" about having a holster, but it should obviously be restricted to PD, SD, security, etc.

The anim is sick and definitely offers a fair chance to players who have guns drawn at them, rather than just seeing a pistol magically appear before their eyes. If something like this is added, it might be worth looking at introducing something similar for SMG's and rifles.

• Upvote 1
On 8/29/2020 at 12:39 AM, Shekh said:

Needed. Since people don't have to do any /me to pull a gun, this is needed as a middle ground. You can get shot in the head in literally a millisecond on gta, so arguing people pull guns fast irl isn't a good argument as it's not nearly to scale.

Not literally. And it is a good argument because it is to scale, it's more than possible to be able to pull a weapon that fast.

7 hours ago, Theory said:

Nothing "RPG-tier" about having a holster, but it should obviously be restricted to PD, SD, security, etc.

The anim is sick and definitely offers a fair chance to players who have guns drawn at them, rather than just seeing a pistol magically appear before their eyes. If something like this is added, it might be worth looking at introducing something similar for SMG's and rifles.

Why would a holster be restricted only to cops/mall cops? Any civilian can buy a Don Hume or some kydex CCW tailored holster for cheap. There's nothing 'fair' about being in a gunfight: you're either prepared and quick to draw as soon as you see a gun, or you better run fast.

7 hours ago, Theory said:

no?? someone having a holster is, if anything, a sign of competence. I wouldn't trust someone who sticks their handgun inside their waistband.

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

no?? someone having a holster is, if anything, a sign of competence. I wouldn't trust someone who sticks their handgun inside their waistband.

Even gang members use holsters commonly, not sure why it would be only for pd and security