Gun Pull Animation

aldo

1 hour ago, 1357 said:

I personally don't view it as a problem and adding animations that only slows response time down is more of a hindrance. People should just be role playing correctly to avoid problems.

If you know someone is armed, you generally would want to keep your distance. Playing your character smart and realistically will more often than not allow you to stay alive and avoid death. 

On the other hand, implementing an animation that is about on par with the speed of the default animation is something i'm not entirely opposed to.

I am against it, due to the sync that is not perfect at the moment nor the fact that it should not affect small firearms(I.E. Pistol, Micro SMG)

I’m in favor of this if done correctly, its has to be a very short and fast animation, one close to the current draw time AND the anim should not lock the movement of ones legs. The arguement of people being unique and having different draw speeds is an invalid one as we all mechanics wise run at the same speed, punch at the same strength/damage and can hold the breath for the same amount of time.

• 11 months later...

Bumping this year old topic since I was going to suggest it myself. A short animation when scrolling a gun would be nice since it gives the person the slightest chance to react if you're pulling your gun right in their vision. 

I know GTA sort of has one itself but there's no actual delay to it, you can immediately aim as if your gun teleported into your hand. 

Just now, Seaward said:

Bumping this year old topic since I was going to suggest it myself. A short animation when scrolling a gun would be nice since it gives the person the slightest chance to react if you're pulling your gun right in their vision. 

I know GTA sort of has one itself but there's no actual delay to it, you can immediately aim as if your gun teleported into your hand. 

Agreed.

On 9/11/2019 at 2:35 AM, StoneFire said:

I’m in favor of this if done correctly, its has to be a very short and fast animation, one close to the current draw time AND the anim should not lock the movement of ones legs. The arguement of people being unique and having different draw speeds is an invalid one as we all mechanics wise run at the same speed, punch at the same strength/damage and can hold the breath for the same amount of time.

• Upvote 1