Gun Pull Animation

aldo

1 minute ago, FilmFactory said:

A "Good" or "Bad" idea is subjective. 

I gave the suggestion a support. I don't think it's necessary to discredit that. (Or calling other's ideas "stupid".)

Regardless, I'll elaborate on why I personally think it's a "Great idea".

I believe Red Dead Redemption 2 is an example of a game where characters do animations at a very slow pace, yet the game feels immersive and the world feels alive. A game is a world with a set of rules created by the designers. A video game can only represent an illusion of reality, and the version of reality represented in the game is decided based on the designer's taste and design choices. Players obey the rules created for the world, regardless of how they may seem "unrealistic" for a certain individual. (Example: Invisible Walls, RTS' Fogs, or Health Bars)

Now, in my opinion, I believe an animation for equipping a pistol simply creates a more immersive experience, appropriate for the roleplay context. From a game development point of view, between: Spawning a gun in your hand VS an animation of the character grabbing a gun, which is more realistic? I personally would say an animation of a character grabbing a gun is more realistic because it creates an illusion of what human in real life would do. It fits the roleplay context. 

Keep in mind, we have differences experiences. Some people might actually have seen a human being fly, hear the voice god, spawn a gun in their hands, or unholster your weapon really fast. And I won't disregard your experiences. It's simply closer to my experiences as a human being, which I feel relatable and better suited for my vision of a good roleplay environment. 

Regardless of the speed of the specific animation (I believe the speed of an animation is adjustable.) , I believe an animation for equipping your pistol creates a greater immersive experience.

I do agree on that, and at the moment the manner of pulling a pistol (mainly) has a proper animation. Adding a forced animation for anything bigger than the Hand Gun / Pistol I do support since that will add more immersion and realism. But leave the Hand-Gun / Pistol out of that since it already has one. 

Edit:

Lets not forget that Rage MP is a Mod to a preexisting game that has limitations which apply to the GTA World Game Mode. Meaning you can not do everything like you mentioned the designers did in RDR2 (Awesome game btw, worth the 100$ I spent on buying an Xbox Juan for it!).

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • 2 months later...

Server is not really animation friendly, we're forced to either use existing anims manually or just imagive everything. This suggestion could be a part of mine.

TLDR; Basic actions should automatically have anim such as drinking eating, taking gun out etc.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Lance said:

Server is not really animation friendly, we're forced to either use existing anims manually or just imagive everything. This suggestion could be a part of mine.

TLDR; Basic actions should automatically have anim such as drinking eating, taking gun out etc.

Taking a gun out has a built in animation.