Gun Pull Animation

aldo

I think this is an idea that comes with good intentions. Could see a few avenues for metagame or a lot of misclicks resulting in people geting shot. Besides from that I don't see why it would be a bad thing.

Robberies have never really been core RP of the server, I've never personally done it however but if it helps improve RP by stopping people with a play to win attitude ass-pulling at gun point then so be it!!!!! ?

• 5 weeks later...

I agree that for bigger guns beyond Pistol (I.E. Shotgun, SMG, AR) there should be a gun-pull animation, for a Pistol though it is good as it is now. Since the bigger weapons you can't tuck in your pocket easily, unless it's a micro fold-able SMG. Otherwise I am against this animation for Pistols, anything bigger than that, all for it.

Images for Reference:

Micro SMG (which has a small foot-print, allowing you to put it away like a pistol, after you fold the stock, also allows to be used with folded stock as well)

Spoiler

ngVMKr9.jpg

Edited by Vash Baldeus

Theres already a delay with pulling out your small gun? You got to select it and then your character does like /sa for a moment before you fire, i say this is a enough of a gap because the most likely reason yoru going to pull out your small arm is due to a unexpected firefight which would mean quick reactions.

Waste of time doing this for small arms but big arms do it.

Edited by Hawken/Moscropp
1 minute ago, Hawken/Moscropp said:

Theres already a delay with pulling out your small gun? You got to select it and then your character does like /sa for a moment before you fire, i say this is a enough of a gap because the most likely reason yoru going to pull out your small arm is due to a unexpected firefight which would mean quick reactions.

Waste of time doing this is.

For small firearms yes, big ones like I mentioned, there should be an animation of some sort.

I personally don't view it as a problem and adding animations that only slows response time down is more of a hindrance. People should just be role playing correctly to avoid problems.

If you know someone is armed, you generally would want to keep your distance. Playing your character smart and realistically will more often than not allow you to stay alive and avoid death. 

On the other hand, implementing an animation that is about on par with the speed of the default animation is something i'm not entirely opposed to.