Gun Pull Animation

aldo

Short description: A small animation which plays when you pull out your weapon which requires you to let it play before aiming, shooting etc.

How would your suggestion improve the server? It's more realistic for an animation to be played and it prevents ass pulling, even though RP is not required for sidearms. 

Additional information: 

GIF of the animation below.

https://imgur.com/cMm7fI5

Edited by aldo
  • Upvote 1

Not everyone carries a holster in the back of their waistline which takes longer to pull, and the majority of gun owners can pull a firearm faster than the anim with at least some training. Animation also takes too long. Every person handling a firearm has different draw times, no reason in limiting this.

Imagine being PD rolling up on an active shots scene only to be restricted by an animation that takes 1-2 seconds when in reality you'd pull that shit faster than Germany pulled outta Russia in 1943 and start firing away at the subject in question. I don't see a reason in changing it to other than it is right now.

• Upvote 10
On 5/10/2019 at 4:57 PM, JustAnM43 said:

Not everyone carries a holster in the back of their waistline which takes longer to pull, and the majority of gun owners can pull a firearm faster than the anim with at least some training. Animation also takes too long. Every person handling a firearm has different draw times, no reason in limiting this.

Imagine being PD rolling up on an active shots scene only to be restricted by an animation that takes 1-2 seconds when in reality you'd pull that shit faster than Germany pulled outta Russia in 1943 and start firing away at the subject in question. I don't see a reason in changing it to other than it is right now.

Cops can pull it faster than others, it's possible to implement this.

5 minutes ago, aldo said:

Cops can pull it faster than others, it's possible to implement this.

Doesn't matter. You have trained civvies pulling guns faster than cops, you have people unable to pull guns quickly to save their life. The thing here is variety. No reason to implement this. It throws everyone the same old anim and it doesn't improve anything.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:03 PM, JustAnM43 said:

Doesn't matter. You have trained civvies pulling guns faster than cops, you have people unable to pull guns quickly to save their life. The thing here is variety. No reason to implement this. It throws everyone the same old anim and it doesn't improve anything.

Exactly, people are unique, each person has different draw speed and reaction time to a stimulant meaning some cops might be slower than a civilian in drawing their weapon and such. It's a skill you actually can develop via training at a gun range (for safety reasons) on drawing fast the gun from where-ever it is located on your body.

I've worked as a security guard, and trust me, during training you could see who had experience handling a gun and who had less of it. I've seen ex-Military people draw it so fast that even the instructor was amazed at their ability to handle a gun properly and follow procedure at the range. Anyways, limiting everyone to an animation honestly just makes everyone a robot and not a person who has different reaction times.

I've had several in-game instances where if I did not draw fast enough my character would probably be dead and won't be able to defend herself, said animation would probably cause the death of my character more than times that needed honestly. I've been a part of a few self defense situations in-game, where my charter was the first one to draw her gun after being shot (she was shot at before she pulled her gun) at and return fire sending about 10 rounds off before the others actually began returning fire as well. So trust me, some people react differently in a situation where live action is in play.

I've seen people freak out at the slightest earth-quake tremble while others do not and they just operate and drag those who panic to safety and you'd not think that person is a "fighter" so to say. People do not know how they'll act during an extreme situation (fire, robbery, shooting etc). Another situation that exists from real life that was reported on the news in my country is where a civilian took an officers gun to shot and stop a person driving a tractor at civilians since that officer was in shock and was unable to operate in that situation while the civilian who used to work as security guard did operate said civilian was working as a lawyer at the time, he remembered his training from the days he worked as a guard while in college. The civilian was not charged for "stealing" the gun since the moment he stopped the assault he returned the weapon to the officer, he was commended for doing his best to save lives.

I've seen a suggestion to implement a language system since people were posting about "Oooh.. how they know my language yada yada".. when they met random people who spoke their language (without knowing the back story of those characters), so yes, you never know what background a certain person is from, you can't limit the players to an animation just to make it a "fair fight", since experience in most cases can play a huge role in drawing a gun or acting in a certain way in a situation.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

I think the issue of 'people have different draw speeds' is a concern, but it can mostly be solved by just speeding up the animation. If everybody has a fast draw speed, maybe that's slightly unrealistic, but at least nobody feels like they can't RP something due to the script.

Just now, Sabess said:

I think the issue of 'people have different draw speeds' is a concern, but it can mostly be solved by just speeding up the animation. If everybody has a fast draw speed, maybe that's slightly unrealistic, but at least nobody feels like they can't RP something due to the script.

Honestly, that won't resolve the issue the OP talks about, sounds like he was a part of a situation where he had a gun drawn at him so fast he had no time to write a /me at all. Limiting the players to an animation is unrealistic, nor will it balance itself since not all animations are synced and sometimes they desync as well.

7 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Honestly, that won't resolve the issue the OP talks about, sounds like he was a part of a situation where he had a gun drawn at him so fast he had no time to write a /me at all. Limiting the players to an animation is unrealistic, nor will it balance itself since not all animations are synced and sometimes they desync as well.

No, i've never had this issue... I just thought that it would be cool to add.

• Upvote 1