Medical - Walk-in Health Clinic

Narinna

Short description: Opening up a hospital in town to be used as a 'walk in health clinic'

Detailed description: The concept of this suggestion is to give GTAW an 'out of hours walk in' health clinic, similar to an emergency department in a hospital. For RP purposes, individuals could come in with the flu, a drug overdose, a gun shot wound or for items such as immunisations or tests. The purpose is more to offer health services, employment and rp opportunities for those who are in alternative timezones (ie. are playing during the day GTAW time) when there are less to no EMT around.

Commands to add: Commands would be similar to EMT I'm assuming - the ability to restore full health being key.

Items to add: With the system currently in place, we wouldn't need to add much as treatments would be roleplayed out. Positions such as Nurse and Doctor would have to be established as government occupations.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I feel like hospital roleplay can be a lot of fun and add significant immersion for players who are in factions/gangs or are injured. Particularly during the day, there aren't many EMT around and it would provide employment and rp opportunities for those in alternative timezones, encouraging them to join the server and rp during those times. Hopefully if it proves popular, a whole hospital system could be implemented that brings a connection point for all EMT and Police staff when dealing with roleplaying emergencies and investigating crimes.

Additional information: The clinic could very well be open at all times, even though I've focused on 'out of hours' here.

Thanks for considering it :)

Edited by Narinna
  • Upvote 3

Just wanted to say Medical clinic roleplay is in works behind the scenes currently. If you’re interested in learning more about it feel free to shoot me a PM! 

Edited by Guest
11 hours ago, cookiejar said:

Fully support this. I remember having a bat to the head with a concussion and stitches. And I just had to fade to black the fact that the stitches were removed and such. I would have loved to get more roleplay out of being injured. 

Exactly, and it's understandable that there isn't always EMT around because most people in timezones like mine (Australia) aren't around when they do recruitment/induction and the like, so can't join anyway. I think the extra element of having a medical walk-in clinic opens up a whole new world of rp for the server, and employment opportunities so people aren't always doing courier work etc just to earn money. (because let's face it, in the quiet timezones, I could stand at a 24/7 waiting for customers for 5 hours and not see a single person, thus never get paid).

• Upvote 1

But do you think this would work in terms of employees? Because I've seen the FD and medic factions on many SAMP servers struggling very hard to find members (even with a larger player base). 

It's a nice idea and, if it works, a great addition to everyone's roleplay. I'm just a little worried it will end up being another ghost interior noone uses. 

As long as there comes a similar forum as the pd and fd forums, or it gets implemented in the FD forums where there are certain doctors. And then people can schedule an appointment there so you know people are online. That way, you don't neccesarily need a lot of staff online. And maybe schedule an hour where people can just walk in and advertise such. 

My theory is that people will stay as long as there's roleplay. And specifically, enjoyable roleplay. And this is a way of achieving that.

10 hours ago, OfficerCode3 said:

But do you think this would work in terms of employees? Because I've seen the FD and medic factions on many SAMP servers struggling very hard to find members (even with a larger player base). 

It's a nice idea and, if it works, a great addition to everyone's roleplay. I'm just a little worried it will end up being another ghost interior noone uses. 

I hear what you're saying - the goal here is to provide medical services that are 'out of hours' so to speak, at least initially. So the clinic would be open during the morning/afternoon and staffed by Nurse staff if not doctors. It's similar to the US model of 'walk in clinic' - just plugging a hole in the healthcare system. From there if it grows to a 24/7 hospital or something of nature, all the better, but for now we're working in the parameters we have really :)

• mj2002 locked this topic