Driving in a roleplay server

Here's the issue. Multiple times, cars have been at fault for a collision with me below the magical 90MPH extreme desync limit, and they've just said "oops, void?" and due to me wanting to RP it, but actually not wanting to get in an argument on an OOC level with a player, ive just said "ok" and drove on. The issue is, if you had to RP every little car incident, you'd be spending a-lot of time RP'ing them because people drive like idiots and are always going to, because it's a game, you're not risking your life by driving badly

Driving is what it is. Honesty it cannot even be anything else, except for people on bikes. Lag and desync are culprits for most of accidents, especially those where a single truck rams multiple parked cars off the road and takes them with it. The reason for people driving at full speed is, cause streets are empty. Of course there are people ramming others off refueling spot, happened to me as well, those are the ones not driving in roleplay.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Cobra said:

This madness has to stop. Particularly a lot of courier drivers who blast through cars doing 90 and don't stop to RP. You can't report it because they were going too fast for you to see the ID.  And then the courier job is just driving from A to B for money with zero roleplay. The amount of times I see courier vans driving on the wrong side of the road passed or even through an FD scene is absurd. It may happen in real life every now and then - but not on every scene several times a scene. 

I understand the trucker script is coming so that would be good. But it's an RP server nonetheless, so lets actually drive RPishly please. 

I agree this needs to stop. We see courier vans pass our garage all the time at full speed and going through red traffic lights, almost as if it's GTA Online. There's also been multiple instances of near-misses when trying to pull out of the property and waiting at traffic lights on Popular Street. A lot of people have no regard for roleplaying driving in a high quality manner in low population areas, and it's incredibly annoying.

How would you enforce this? Ban people if they drive too fast?

There shouldn't be any near-misses if at least one party 'RPly' drives i.e. stopping at intersections but that doesn't happen because it makes it impossible to get anywhere with any speed. 

This is a non-issue, you're getting triggered by people speeding.

What annoys me more than the driving here is the parking. Just like having to drive on the right side of the road, people should have to park on the street here too, not on the sidewalk, unless their character is of European origin, then it can be an IC issue, but an American would never do that, or would get an immediate ticket/impound for doing it if a cop sees it, and yet its treated like a normal thing.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, friendlyman said:

How would you enforce this? Ban people if they drive too fast?

There shouldn't be any near-misses if at least one party 'RPly' drives i.e. stopping at intersections but that doesn't happen because it makes it impossible to get anywhere with any speed. 

This is a non-issue, you're getting triggered by people speeding.

sorry rocky i get to the same place you're getting too in maybe 80 seconds longer and stop at every light lol. feel the city. 

• Upvote 2
  • Perky locked this topic