Add more melee weapons

VULn3R

Short description: Add more melee weapons to the server that can be crafted by metallurgists.

Detailed description: GTA V offers eighteen different melee weapons but during my time on the server, I've gotten across only two types of these, Switchblades and Baseball bats. 

Here's the list of all the melee weapons found in the game:

• Antique Cavalry Dagger
  • Baseball Bat
  • Battle Axe
  • Broken Bottle
  • Crowbar
  • Flashlight 
  • Golf Club
  • Hammer 
  • Hatchet 
  • Knife
  • Knuckledusters
  • Machete
  • Nightstick
  • Pipe Wrench
  • Pool Cue
  • Stone Hatchet 
  • Switchblade

Now, from this list, except the Dagger, Battle Axe (I'm not sure about this one), Nightstick and Stone Hatchet, none of the weapons are of such type that can't be crafted by a metallurgist or bought at hardware or superstores and neither are they "hard" to acquire in real life. So, I suggest that the list of weapons should be updated and all of these weapons should be added to the game, which will result in more RP opportunities, better look for your RP and many more plus points.

•  

Commands to add: -

Items to add: Baseball Bat, Broken Bottle, Crowbar, Flashlight, Golf Club, Hammer, Hatchet, Knife, Knuckledusters, Machete, Pipe Wrench, Pool Cue, Switchblade

How would your suggestion improve the server? Many RP opportunities for coroners, criminals, police, and metallurgists. 

Additional information: -

Edited by VULn3R
31 minutes ago, Westen said:

Broken bottles could be an option from beer items etc, that'd be cool.

Took words out of my mouth. Would be cool if you could break a beer bottle in order to get a broken bottle. 

Possibly making this item temporary could stop people from spamming those, because if we actually get that system, Broken Bottle will basically be a 30$ weapon. So let's say if you don't use it for too long it can break in your pocket(possibly damage you a little, 5-10HP) and if you use it as a weapon, it has like a chance of breaking each hit or after a certain amount of hits. 

Because buying a broken bottle from a 24/7 or getting one crafted by metallurgist is non RP lol. 

About the rest of items, agreed, switchblades are basically sports cars of melee weapons. They're everywhere. Need different types for RP and variation. Some acquired easier than the others of course. 

• Antique Cavalry Dagger - Hard to craft 
  • Baseball Bat - Can be bought from a tool store
  • Battle Axe - Hard to craft 
  • Broken Bottle - From a bottle 
  • Crowbar - Crafted/Bought 
  • Flashlight - Already exists 
  • Golf Club - Can be bought from a store 
  • Hammer - Store 
  • Hatchet - Crafted/Store 
  • Knife - Crafted/Store 
  • Knuckledusters - Crafted(should be illegal) 
  • Machete - Crafted(should be hard to craft and be illegal) 
  • Nightstick - Stolen from a cop lol
  • Pipe Wrench - Store 
  • Pool Cue - Store 
  • Stone Hatchet - Crafted 
  • Switchblade - We have it 

Those are just a quick thought. 

3 minutes ago, Lance said:

Took words out of my mouth. Would be cool if you could break a beer bottle in order to get a broken bottle. 

Possibly making this item temporary could stop people from spamming those, because if we actually get that system, Broken Bottle will basically be a 30$ weapon. So let's say if you don't use it for too long it can break in your pocket(possibly damage you a little, 5-10HP) and if you use it as a weapon, it has like a chance of breaking each hit or after a certain amount of hits. 

Because buying a broken bottle from a 24/7 or getting one crafted by metallurgist is non RP lol. 

About the rest of items, agreed, switchblades are basically sports cars of melee weapons. They're everywhere. Need different types for RP and variation. Some acquired easier than the others of course. 

• Antique Cavalry Dagger - Hard to craft 
  • Baseball Bat - Can be bought from a tool store
  • Battle Axe - Hard to craft 
  • Broken Bottle - From a bottle 
  • Crowbar - Crafted/Bought 
  • Flashlight - Already exists 
  • Golf Club - Can be bought from a store 
  • Hammer - Store 
  • Hatchet - Crafted/Store 
  • Knife - Crafted/Store 
  • Knuckledusters - Crafted(should be illegal) 
  • Machete - Crafted(should be hard to craft and be illegal) 
  • Nightstick - Stolen from a cop lol
  • Pipe Wrench - Store 
  • Pool Cue - Store 
  • Stone Hatchet - Crafted 
  • Switchblade - We have it 

Those are just a quick thought. 

How about any bottle that you buy is able to be broken and can be used, this was a question in my mind for a long time but this will lead to one thing - everyone having a broken bottle in their hands the whole time. For this, I think we should use a system like we had on LSRP, where you weren't able to hide some weapons such as bats, unless you had a bag on you, otherwise they'd stay in your hands. Whaddya say?

Edited by VULn3R
1 hour ago, VULn3R said:

How about any bottle that you buy is able to be broken and can be used, this was a question in my mind for a long time but this will lead to one thing - everyone having a broken bottle in their hands the whole time. For this, I think we should use a system like we had on LSRP, where you weren't able to hide some weapons such as bats, unless you had a bag on you, otherwise they'd stay in your hands. Whaddya say?

Yeah, it would be much easier to do it this way to be honest. 

Machetes shouldn't be illegal.  What should determine if a knife is legal or not is its design, how its being used, where its being used and how its being concealed. A machete being used in Blaine County to clear brush or kill a snake isn't the same as hiding a dagger during the course of a B&E. The only knife that should be outright illegal is the switchblade.

Edited by Momo's Revenge

+1. I think adding different kinds of melee weapons would greatly vary the roleplay for everyone involved. I.e It would change the type of RP the people in FD would have, as they would deal with more blunt force trauma cases, different kinds of wounds etc. No reason not to add more options for RP Variety.

• mj2002 locked this topic