XBOX Controller bugged

I've spent hours searching the internet aswell as doing some trial and error with no avail. 

It seems my xbox controller mapping is bugged with RAGEMP. Tapping A on the controller to sprint just changes my camera view between third and first person aswell as some other buttons just not having any function at all. Tested it in Singleplayer to see if it was a setting issue however SP acts as normal so this seems to be a GTAW/RAGE connected issue. 

Anyone experienced this before and know of a fix? 

On 6/27/2024 at 10:09 AM, CouthInk4 said:

I've spent hours searching the internet aswell as doing some trial and error with no avail. 

It seems my xbox controller mapping is bugged with RAGEMP. Tapping A on the controller to sprint just changes my camera view between third and first person aswell as some other buttons just not having any function at all. Tested it in Singleplayer to see if it was a setting issue however SP acts as normal so this seems to be a GTAW/RAGE connected issue. 

Anyone experienced this before and know of a fix? 

This is something with rage at the moment. There was an RAGE update that changed the support for controllers so when running, the game does force you into First Person then back to third person. I believe in the RAGE discord they said it’s a way to change that but I can’t confirm it for sure.

Edited by SlymeLyfe1090
On 6/30/2024 at 9:25 AM, SlymeLyfe1090 said:

This is something with rage at the moment. There was an RAGE update that changed the support for controllers so when running, the game does force you into First Person then back to third person. I believe in the RAGE discord they said it’s a way to change that but I can’t confirm it for sure.

How do I fix it?

On 6/30/2024 at 10:25 AM, SlymeLyfe1090 said:

I believe in the RAGE discord they said it’s a way to change that but I can’t confirm it for sure.

You should find out, sir Slymelyfe1090. This bugs been around for better part of the year. 

Fix broken controller. 

Hey... So this bug has been such a long-lasting thing due to the fact that it's based on the circumstance of scripts that cause the binds to be a bit wonky... There's no exact fix for this, however I am pretty sure you can manually change your binds if you really wish to, which I think is the best option for you.