What do you like and don't about the server?

Gangstafary

1 hour ago, Ethanol said:

That's the difference between other servers and this one. 

1. We aren't a RPG nor a MMO server. We're a RP server with high standards which means we don't expect you to automatically get filthy rich or grind for your money, we expect you to find an IC way to earn it which is hard but possible. 
  2. There is no catchup mechanism and there will never be one. We give you 200k in starting paychecks in order for you to establish your character and make sure your 20-40 year old char has a place to live and a car at the very least. Beyond that everything you do with your money is on you. If you lose all of it that's on you and you need to RP things accordingly which makes the game fun. You are the catchup mechanism. If you're low on money find an IC way to make more money by interacting with players. 

This is a thread about what we don't like about the server. Explaining why you think what I dislike is right  for the server won't stop me from disliking them.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
5 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

This is a thread about what we don't like about the server. Explaining why you think what I dislike is right  for the server won't stop me from disliking them.

When you dislike core features of the server including what the server is classified as then that's a major problem. 

I suggest going on medium/low RP servers which have mechanics like that. 

6 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

I actually thought much like you when I first joined, not in the sense I thought there should be a booster but moreso that the current wealth distribution was unfair (just like real life, ey?) and I wanted to do things with money that fit my other character. (My other character is pretty poor though...)

I realised complaining wouldn't help so I, like many people have done, decided to create my own business and made a success of it.

There's so many ways to make money, they're not going to handed to you on a plate though.

100 hours have passed. I enjoyed every single hour of gameplay on this server. Admins and testers are really responsive, the community so far is okay. BUT, one thing was really really annoying for me and it's Property Requests and their wait time. You submit one request and wait 5 days to be denied because of something no one told you when you asked, and after that comes next 5 days of waiting just to be denied for another reason that you need to change for next 5 days waiting time. I don't blame anyone, but I think it can be faster than that.

Roleplayed my first 100 hours.

Like:
1. Admins are nice, comparing to some other projects. Some are even outstanding.  E.g. Nervous, Adero, KV, Canadian, Bjork (I lack interaction with others)
2. "The world is yours." Sounds like a powergaming but world is quite empty and you can build everything in it, because of low online and empty streets.

3.  Text-based.

4.  Active development.

Hate it:
1. People above (I have read all the damn 14 pages) claim that community is awesome. Well. Only 1 guys ooc is helpful (not counting admins) and even he is a bit subjective.

1.1. Too many teens and children.  Despite the fact that I adore to work with children - this game is 18+ and let it be this way. I used to be a 12 y.o. gamer long time ago and I know that I sound like an idiot now... But I swear - this game can easily harm child's mental health. It can teach 6 y.o. kido a lot of bad things. Also: teens are really toxic OOC and the fact that I can't call their parents and discuss their(child's) behavior (school teacher here, lel) freaks me out.

1.2. Some people are just dumb, I can't explain it. Racist/sexist in real life and pushing it OOC. As a straight person I feel abused by people spamming in my ooc pm how they hate gays, lesbians and transsexual people. I mean, I am not even part of them (not playing victim here), but I just don't want to be attacked this way. Please, keep your verbally abusive ideas/thoughts to yourself. Also politics... god I don't care about it... I don't want to hear it in ooc, discord, or forum. Leave it to your outside-of-game channels.

1.3. Online is very low for those who prefer to play in the morning. This is okay. Not allowing players to set rp scenes ooc is not. I mean if it does not harm anyone and if you can't meet a person  for weeks, since you play in different timezones - why can't you just use forum or discord? Game is already a single player for one of my chars.

2. Server itself is unstable as the mental health of teens mentioned above. Lost a car deal because of server failure. Really?

2.1 Desynchs are just awful. These are just murdering a lot of rp activities.

3. Economy is weird. I just can't explain the fact that a loaf of bread will cost you 15-20 dollars, while each condom will go for 80 dollars. Or a fast-food entrance fee being 250 damn bucks. On the other hand, each pay check brings you too much money and the vehicles prices are sometimes realistic, while sometimes they are not. Thus It is completely broken. For example some cars will cost 200 grands irl, true. But some will be drastically overpriced. While some apartments cost too much.

4. Overal RP. Overal rp is just bad, people wont' rp fear of speed, traffic accidents. They won't justify speeding over 120 miles/hour. And some will spam script business/crime. Killing the game immersion in this way. A lot of guys avoiding rp. I am just too lazy to record, to be honest. Besides, the player base is already in a bad shape (>go 1.3) thus I avoid reporting anyone.

Conclusion: despite really awful and abusive teen playerbase, I still like admins and the singleplayer part. (I confess that it is hard to avoid powergaming when you are solo). Only because of admins and singleplayer part I still like the server and probably will even support it.  If you need my help in design or anything, just let me know. I used to be moderator in other rp projects, too. I have some useful skills and I am playing often, a bit lazy though.

Edit: I have met some good role players here, but they are just rare. I can even count them, if needed.

Edited by Ellis_B
Making it easier for you to read.

36 minutes ago, Ellis_B said:

2. Server itself is unstable as the mental health of teens mentioned above. Lost a car deal because of server failure. Really?

2.1 Desynchs are just awful. These are just murdering a lot of rp activities.

3. Economy is weird. 

4. Overal RP. 

2. and 2.1 are due to rage being a bad client. Simple as that, sadly GTAW team, as talented as it is, can't fix it.

3. YES.
4. YES.

Love that it's text based.

Love the nightlife RP.

Love that it's relatively easy to get money, to get vehicles, to make life easier.

Love the detail with the judicial & court system, even though that ain't personally my thing.

Hate that it only seems to be nightlife RP.

Hate the insane desync/lag with driving (when I see other cars they're all over, idk if that's a server thing though).

✌️

• Thanks 1