some sort of command to identify who mapped a property.

There should be a command to check who mapped a property by their forum name/discord or w/e, some properties fit in with the type or "style" of roleplay that I want my character to represent and it'd be cool to know who was responsible for it to hit them up and see if they're available to do more projects.

It's also art and it should have a formal publisher attached to it if they want it that way. 

The mapper should be able to decide if they want to add their name to the property or not obviously. It'd be like the cem command for mappers.

Hmmm, this is tricky. After a property is mapped, an owner may add/remove things to their liking that wouldn't exactly represent the original mapper. Additionally, sometimes there are multiple mappers on a project. It would likely be a heavy backend administrative task to add/remove/edit names to properties that wouldn't be worth it.

Mappers who want to be known showcase their work in the PM Discord's #mapping-showcase channel or on the forums. Personally, I think that's more than enough. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Welsh said:

Or you can ask IC who the interior designer was. 

Theis doesn't work in multiple scenarios, you can't ask who mapped a property ic when you buy an already furbished apartment from the server for instance. 

14 hours ago, tayswiz said:

Hmmm, this is tricky. After a property is mapped, an owner may add/remove things to their liking that wouldn't exactly represent the original mapper. Additionally, sometimes there are multiple mappers on a project. It would likely be a heavy backend administrative task to add/remove/edit names to properties that wouldn't be worth it.

Mappers who want to be known showcase their work in the PM Discord's #mapping-showcase channel or on the forums. Personally, I think that's more than enough. 

the onus wouldn't be on the admin to add the creator, it'd be like adding a description. It's up to the mapper to place their name(s). 

• Developer
On 6/1/2024 at 6:15 AM, tayswiz said:

This.