We should severely punish those who treat the server as their personal race track!

13 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Traffic appeal court is relatively active thanks to dedicated judges and plenty of lawyers eagerly taking traffic cases. A great position compared to a year ago. It takes no effort to file an appeal, which too is great. A traffic stop, when fully explored, takes anywhere between 8 to 15 minutes, sometimes longer. Each traffic stop resulting in any action taken requires paperwork, filing paperwork properly takes time, knowledge and effort so most people elect to warn and go until they find a felony that goes beyond traffic court worth spending 30-45 minutes compiling comprehensive reports that remains sustained in court. Almost everyone appeals a traffic charge, almost no one appeals a felony. So when someone pleads guilty your paperwork never goes before a court, and thus paperwork for those pleas are tremendously less complex. Where a no guilt/contest report dives into depth, a guilty report tends to be something along the lines of “haha he ran from me lol”. The OOC motivator to warn-go stops and ignore traffic violations is that no stop = no paperwork. 

He really expects cops to chase reckless drivers when they are rampant all over the city and one pursuit can lead to multiple units occupied so unable to catch the other 20+ reckless drivers, sure IC consequences are great but let's be honest most people doing this driving most likely is on a alt/new character, is using a souped up sports car or a bike to evade and a lot of times people love to drive like that just for the the thrill of a police chase so idk why people are trying to pin this problem on LEO faction when it extends way beyond that.

13 minutes ago, Act of Valor said:

He really expects cops to chase reckless drivers when they are rampant all over the city and one pursuit can lead to multiple units occupied so unable to catch the other 20+ reckless drivers, sure IC consequences are great but let's be honest most people doing this driving most likely is on a alt/new character, is using a souped up sports car or a bike to evade and a lot of times people love to drive like that just for the the thrill of a police chase so idk why people are trying to pin this problem on LEO faction when it extends way beyond that.

I was mainly responding to the “why aren’t cops doing more” and “it’s an ic issue” thing, but yes 

Increase punishments ICly for traffic related offenses.

Longer and more harsh (even permanent) license suspensions.

Permanent vehicle seizures, say bye bye to your 350k mallrat racer car.

Every vehicle you spawn, enter, whatever? /speedlimit 60 should be enabled by default. You can toggle this off obviously, but it'll certainly help.

I also don't see how riding 100mph+ through the literal inner city isn't anything less than failure to RP fear, realistically this is LA and them streets would be very busy with traffic. Keep your mall shenanigans outside city boundaries where you'll bother as little people as possible.

I think these things will benefit the server somewhat.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, onlydemia said:

nobody is really asking y'all to stop at every red light and sit there for a minute. just come to a stop, look both ways, and then go. and if that's too much to ask then just don't speed down the street at 90 mph lmfao

driving isn't a means to get to the roleplay, it's part of the roleplay. 

gearing up before going on duty is a part of the roleplay not a means to get to the roleplay

putting ammo in your gun

eating

**insert 100 more minuscule things that people don't actually roleplay which should be a part of their roleplay**

You're not going to force people to drive better by imposing rules on them, you're just gonna lose the people.

It's called 'GTA Online driving,' and it's against the rules.

If you see a player, or even a vehicle, driving unrealistically - report them, and we (admins) will deal with them.

Giving out the vehicle model and area will satisfy us; you don't need to catch their IDs. 

50 minutes ago, grimlin said:

gearing up before going on duty is a part of the roleplay not a means to get to the roleplay

putting ammo in your gun

eating

**insert 100 more minuscule things that people don't actually roleplay which should be a part of their roleplay**

You're not going to force people to drive better by imposing rules on them, you're just gonna lose the people.

are we really comparing eating to driving man c'mon let's be serious. let's not do this 

I do think punishments for driving like GTAO should be harsher when pulled over by police. Like stated, impounded cars for extended periods, perm licenses suspension. I also believe reporting them to admins is a step more people need to take. Although admins can be very busy at times an not get to the reports. Which then falls on harsher punishment from police. 
There also is a lot of players who opt to just run from police, which IRL doesn't happen as often as it does on this REALISTIC rp server. And a lot of cops don't even engage in simple traffic stops for that reason. It all falls on good roleplay of everyone. 
If you are following driving rules, the police would be more willing to follow. (Of course this is all my opinon) 

• Upvote 3
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, grimlin said:

It's an IC matter. The IC penal code is part of the RP. The current laws are already lenient. You don't even have to stop; you just have to slow down and use caution before rolling through. If you can't, at the very least, drive like an average person would within metropolitan city streets without a solid IC reasoning to justify speeding ALL the time, then I'd say there's a free roam server somewhere that you'd probably enjoy more.

Edited by Wiphyz
On 5/29/2024 at 1:22 AM, Act of Valor said:

I've seen people on at like the wee hours of the night in-game like 03:00 in-game time racing thorugh Legion Square and other locations like this is their own personal race track and even a lot of times it's in these muscle cars/sports cars

Not gonna lie, this sounds pretty realistic to me. Assuming you live in America you should know night time is where people often break rules (typically because speed traps are turned off after 8-11pm) no matter the location.

And after hearing this being talked about:

Likely chance that nothing will be done until scripts similar to this are in put.

16 hours ago, Anubis said:

It's called 'GTA Online driving,' and it's against the rules.

If you see a player, or even a vehicle, driving unrealistically - report them, and we (admins) will deal with them.

Giving out the vehicle model and area will satisfy us; you don't need to catch their IDs. 

If this was a solution that would solve the problem then we wouldn't be here to begin with. It was always against the rules.