Jump to content
Message added by Biscuit,

A friendly reminder that people should remain on topic with this post, any unnecessary bashing of current and former factions will result in disciplinary action being taken against you.

San Andreas Highway Patrol & Us  

491 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

Well we had a third one, to an extent. Got shut down recently.

Understandably, it was very niche focus on the state parks. SAHP would definitely be a different focus on something that has a glaring need on this server.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, LatencyLord said:

Understandably, it was very niche focus on the state parks. SAHP would definitely be a different focus on something that has a glaring need on this server.

I don't know, I am bit skeptical about SAHP still. Regarding State Parks, people there loved the roleplay. 

Link to comment
5 hours ago, The Master Of Route 68 said:

We should focus on developing LSPD and LSSD and stop creating LEO factions. I know it sounds like a cool idea, but the question is, are there enough players who want to do this roleplay over a long period of time? It'll stop being cool as soon as a member sees that there are only so many things they can do and will end up like the Park Rangers.

 

they can literally do everything that lspd and lssd can do

Link to comment
  • Developer

Lets not. San Parks already merged with SD (probably due to the lack of activity/members/or whatever). Which means we're now back to two patrolling LAW factions (yes we have Fire Marshalls, DOC etc but they don't patrol the streets and enforce the penal code like SD and PD).

 

Rather have a unit made out of SD/PD to patrol highways.

Link to comment
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kenshi said:

You know that is kinda facts..

We've got 14 ish official illegal factions.

And we've got 3 pages worth of unofficial Illegal factions who do the same thing. 

Factor in the unaffiliated illegals who do their own thing.

 

And you have the LSPD & the LSSD.

State parks is gone, merged with SD as of last week.

Fire marshals is literally the epitome of irrelevancy. (With respect)

 

Couple ALL of that, with the statistics that were made public over the past year in regards to crime in general on the server. The fact that weapons are so common. Infact I'll go one step further. HALF OR MORE of shootouts I end up in, involve the usage of automatic weapons, both pistol & SMG's and full blown assault rifles. And these are becoming more and more common. People resort to shooting alot more than they did 2-3 years ago. 

 

In a server that routinely floats to 900+ players. 50-90 of those are cops. Split between 2 factions. The LSPD is typically the LEO faction that covers the daylight times, and the LSSD typically shows up later in the evening, as they contain more NA players than the LSPD does. By a wide margin. Leading to peak LEO players being on during the server peak time. But quickly shifting into SD's favor as the night goes on, and the numbers dwindle to the 50 mark, and well below. 

 

The server can most definitely accomodate a 3rd LEO faction. Anyone saying it can't isn't looking at the raw data and the numbers, or just lives in their own little world. 

Especially if the role of said LEO faction is to focus on traffic related incidents the most, and realistically takes over most pursuits from either the LAPD or the LASD. 

A 3rd LEO faction, that has one of it's core aspects focus on the ONE thing that everyone has an issue with (Crappy, shitty drivers). More-over, it could provide refuge from LEO players who are turned off by how both the LSPD & the LSSD go full hardcore "Muh realism when it suits me" mode. And could provide a more generic LEO experience that can be slightly toned down in terms of scale, but provide alot more quality of life for it's troopers. 

 

I respect their opinions and I feel their concerns, while partially valid, are being used as a basis NOT to try something in the first place. State Parks was a rushed gamble to begin with and it did relatively decent despite all of the crap it went through before this merger into LSSD. A highway patrol would absolutely crush and do well here. I think this is very doable, and it would require work but we're always innovating in this community.

Edited by radreaper100
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Lets not. San Parks already merged with SD (probably due to the lack of activity/members/or whatever). Which means we're now back to two patrolling LAW factions (yes we have Fire Marshalls, DOC etc but they don't patrol the streets and enforce the penal code like SD and PD).

 

Rather have a unit made out of SD/PD to patrol highways.

 

State Parks merged with SD due to some overbearing regulations.

 

The whole point of Highway Patrol is the difference in culture from SD/PD. Putting it apart of either faction makes it pointless. We can have an entire faction dedicated to checking smoke detectors and apprehending arsonists but for some reason the state-level patrol is what's seen is niche? Both PD, SD, and even LSFD all have arson investigators irl but we allot SanFire to exist (this isn't shade at them, just a perfect example)

Edited by radreaper100
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Lets not. San Parks already merged with SD (probably due to the lack of activity/members/or whatever). Which means we're now back to two patrolling LAW factions (yes we have Fire Marshalls, DOC etc but they don't patrol the streets and enforce the penal code like SD and PD).

 

Rather have a unit made out of SD/PD to patrol highways.

 

In the spirit of being unbiased, I can't argue against the idea that SD/PD could create a hybrid unit strictly for this. We could achieve the same goal, but it would be under the SD/PD umbrella. Less complicated process, I would hope? 

 

@radreaper100 Any thoughts on that? Honestly, I think SAHP could exist on its own, but in the interest of discussion what do you think?

Edited by LatencyLord
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kenshi said:

A 3rd LEO faction, that has one of it's core aspects focus on the ONE thing that everyone has an issue with (Crappy, shitty drivers).

 

Highway Patrol isn't going to be sitting in the middle of the city watching people barrel at 120mph through blind intersections. I don't think anyone cares too much about highway driving.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Just now, LatencyLord said:

 

In the interests of being unbiased, I can't argue against the idea that SD/PD could create a hybrid unit strictly for this. We could achieve the same goal, but it would be under the SD/PD umbrella. Less complicated process, I would hope? 

 

@radreaper100 Any thoughts on that? Honestly, I think SAHP could exist on its own, but in the interest of discussion what do you think?

 

no because the goal is to have SAHP and this solution doesn't achieve that, I'd like to see this prestigious historical organization that is synonymous with modern california come to fruition. it's like the LAPD in terms of how well known it is

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, peasoup said:

 

Highway Patrol isn't going to be sitting in the middle of the city watching people barrel at 120mph through blind intersections. I don't think anyone cares too much about highway driving.

Considering Vespucci & San Andreas are major city streets. They very much would.

No one cares about highway driving cause nobody enforces highway driving.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...