Message added by Biscuit,

A friendly reminder that people should remain on topic with this post, any unnecessary bashing of current and former factions will result in disciplinary action being taken against you.

San Andreas Highway Patrol & Us  

491 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Zytum said:

deleted

this is speculation, and there isn’t enough hard evidence with your one or two examples listed above to draw a parallel between SADCR having subpar standards versus a few isolated incidents occurring, if they were fired/left as you put it then it sounds like the standards are being upheld tbh.

There’s people inside factions that screw up, sometimes more so than others but that doesn’t mean the faction itself is poor or rotten… hold the people themselves responsible 

Edited by radreaper100
6 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

issues you listed aside I still think it can be done and if it doesn’t work we can just say “told you so”

that's like operators in a nuclear power plant performing a test in chernobyl and ignoring all the safety precautions and all the things they were trained for and thinking "what can possibly go wrong?"

yes, of course it can be done, all it needs is a faction script and a bunch of mods, a well put together SOP and a website, it's not that much work. but ignoring all the red flags that such an action would cause only to then backtrack and perform yet another faction merge or worse yet just delete a faction wouldn't instill that much trust in the community.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Biscuit said:

that's like operators in a nuclear power plant performing a test in chernobyl and ignoring all the safety precautions and all the things they were trained for and thinking "what can possibly go wrong?"

yes, of course it can be done, all it needs is a faction script and a bunch of mods, a well put together SOP and a website, it's not that much work. but ignoring all the red flags that such an action would cause only to then backtrack and perform yet another faction merge or worse yet just delete a faction wouldn't instill that much trust in the community.

i dont think this is comparable to a nuclear reactor melting down

It'll end up with SAHP stopping every second car on the way to Paleto Bay because he did 101 in 100. Quite frankly, I don't see the benefits of such an agency.

We have LSPD and LSSD. At some point, I thought about suggesting that those factions be merged into one extensive police department, but now we have two significant law enforcement agencies, and that's enough. 

• Upvote 8

We should focus on developing LSPD and LSSD and stop creating LEO factions. I know it sounds like a cool idea, but the question is, are there enough players who want to do this roleplay over a long period of time? It'll stop being cool as soon as a member sees that there are only so many things they can do and will end up like the Park Rangers.

• Upvote 6
6 hours ago, Smurf said:

I'm going to sound like an asshole; those that didn't make the cut from the merge of Park Rangers into SD were simply just not built for LEO RP to begin with. Either them just not understanding the fundamentals of being a oath sworn officer/deputy just to not comprehending basic laws and/or not having the capability to RP. It's cold cut to the simple grain of it just won't happen, SD controls and patrols the highways, county, parks and anything county based that I didn't cover; PD controls and patrols city based aspects from South Los to Vinewood from Mirror Park to Vespucci. All aspects of things are covered from already existing LEO concepts that already cover what you're trying to push your agenda forth.

That's not even remotely close to the truth. Don't spread misinformation like that, it's just insulting to those of us that didn't make the cut. There was many reasons as to why we didn't make it, and it has nothing to do with "not being built for LEO RP to begin with"

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, Smurf said:

I'm going to sound like an asshole; those that didn't make the cut from the merge of Park Rangers into SD were simply just not built for LEO RP to begin with. Either them just not understanding the fundamentals of being a oath sworn officer/deputy just to not comprehending basic laws and/or not having the capability to RP. It's cold cut to the simple grain of it just won't happen, SD controls and patrols the highways, county, parks and anything county based that I didn't cover; PD controls and patrols city based aspects from South Los to Vinewood from Mirror Park to Vespucci. All aspects of things are covered from already existing LEO concepts that already cover what you're trying to push your agenda forth.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Many of the Rangers who didn't make the cut were great role players and have never been in trouble with the faction. In order to make it into the faction, (SASP) in the first place, you had to prove you were a good role player by successfully completing a 45-minute complex interview and a complex final exam. So yes, you do sound like an asshole because there were supervisors who also didn't make it into the merge, due to SD not having enough slots to fit everybody in their faction.

Next time you comment on something make sure you have something nice to say and speak facts, not bullshit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

There shouldn't even be any speed limits on the highways to begin with, it makes little to no sense with the small amount of traffic the highways see.

Edited by Martyn