Addition to fear RP when involved with police

As it currently stands, if you're a criminal and have a warrant out for your arrest and cops try to arrest you, all you have to do is pull a gun and get shot to pieces by 10 cops just to click "Respawn" right after and be done with the situation, the warrant being worthless and marked as "executed" even though the character still exists after that situation and doesn't have to worry about any repercussions since it was a PK and they're no longer involved. As it currently stands, its a 'get out of jail free' card and it shouldn't be like that. If you disregard your life in a situation where cops have you surrounded with atleast 8 guns pointed at you, it should be logical to be worried about your own life and the potential CK if you pull a gun. Yet I see it happens a lot and there is not much enforcement going on from the admins side and its frustrating, especially if you spend hours typing up a detailed arrest warrant, gathering tons of evidence against that individual, just for them to end up pulling a pistol on 8 cops because they don't wanna go to jail. 

I understand some, especially criminal roleplayers might disagree with this and say "uhh, its just a game", but imo if you do something stupid and the police knows your name, where you live and gets a warrant out on you AND then catches you taking a sunday stroll to Davis LTD in broad daylight... well then either take the L and get arrest or try to get away if you so please. But pulling a gun with the intention of being gunned down to avoid any sentencing is just stupid.

• Upvote 8

As Cowboy said, that's fear RP and would result in a CK

That said, I do know people who try to put themselves in situations where it's not fear RP to get killed by the cops, such as taking a hostage or attacking a lone cop after a chase that lagged the others behind.

IMO, the PK system is very flawed in many ways. For random violence or closed off plots it works, but in many situations that includes multiple characters, days weeks or even months of roleplay, or tbh even witnesses close to the deceased... It creates some very huge inconsistencies and plot holes to just replace them with a no name John Doe.

Death should have weight, people shouldn't be trying to kill each other so liberally. Even IRL, gang related deaths aren't as common as people think, most fights are a show of power and intimidation, with bullets rarely hitting their intended target usually out of human reluctantance to take a life. Instead, what we have is basically a PvP server backed by roleplay, at least in the illegal scene.

Personally, I think if actions had way more obvious consequences, people would behave a lot more realistically. They wouldn't make the choice to kill, unless they really had to (or were very passionate), because of the risk of prison. They wouldn't assassinate their friends, because it could just be PK'd and end a story without ruining the friendship. They would run off after popping a few shots, cuz they're worried they might get shot themselves (this is how most gang fights end).

Only reason I think the PK system is the way it is, is because RDM is so prevalent in this server, that allowing people to self void with PKs takes a huge amount of weight off of the admins.

• Upvote 1

The fact that an (M) character will go up to police officers and show absolutely no hesitation to harass, bully or antagonize them makes zero sense. 

Enough is enough, even the most seasoned criminal who has seen the ins and outs of a prison cell does not do that. It's like asking for more trouble for no reason, as if the threat of going to prison means nothing to you, when it should. It's a nightmare to go to prison and your character shouldn't want it.

• Upvote 7
  • Applaud 1
3 minutes ago, Wesson said:

The fact that an (M) character will go up to police officers and show absolutely no hesitation to harass, bully or antagonize them makes zero sense.

I take it you haven't lived in any major US city's "bad neighborhood", lmao.

Hell, even in the nicer spots, its popular to antagonize cops, and kids definitely do it way more than adults cuz they know they're less likely to be challenged over it.

Cops are not popular, people hate cops. If you're poor, you think they're an oppressive fascist government here to ruin your life, and if you're middle class you just think they're racist and wife beaters.

The only reason someone who's been to prison wouldn't fuck with a cop, is cuz they don't wanna go to prison again. Humans under 25 struggle to comprehend consequence, unless its something they've experienced before. Kids act out, especially teens, especially at any form of authority.

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Suraru said:

I take it you haven't lived in any major US city's "bad neighborhood", lmao.

Hell, even in the nicer spots, its popular to antagonize cops, and kids definitely do it way more than adults cuz they know they're less likely to be challenged over it.

Cops are not popular, people hate cops. If you're poor, you think they're an oppressive fascist government here to ruin your life, and if you're middle class you just think they're racist and wife beaters.

The only reason someone who's been to prison wouldn't fuck with a cop, is cuz they don't wanna go to prison again. Humans under 25 struggle to comprehend consequence, unless its something they've experienced before. Kids act out, especially teens, especially at any form of authority.

I am a peace officer in southern California, I beg to differ. The average person does not want to go to jail; sure, they will express their freedom of speech by hurling and insult here and there at a passing by patrol car or a walking by police officer, but to think the average person will go up a cop and "confront" him without reason is absurd and does not happen in real life. This especially applies to younger people, being taller, bigger than somebody is a factor that is NOT considered in game when an (M) character is physically antagonizing a police officer who is 20 years older than them and two feet taller, this is mostly because of the GTA 5 ped limitations, but even still, it makes no sense.

• Upvote 4

You know, I don't think this is the right direction.

CKs aren't working.

Maybe we should try it in the opposite direction instead, really do something that'll discourage a lack of fear RP. 

If someone is surrounded by cops and ups a gun, have them put in a prison hospital, and tell them the time measurement has been taken up a notch, their character has to spend a week in prison to count as a month, and months don't translate to years off the sentence.

Oh, and they can't CK or namechange that character. They have to do the whole sentence, and THEN they can CK or name change.

You'll see suicide by cop stop reeeaaaal fast.

criminals need to be CKed more when they go up to cops and antagonize them or just generally show no fear, or at the very least caution. honestly i feel like if your character ever gets into a situation where cops need to shoot at/kill them to resolve the aforementioned situation, your character should get CKed if they die.

CKs against criminal RPers are way too lax, especially when you consider how much fear RP goes in their favor. they walk up to someone, rob them at gun point (for guns lol not even money), and if you don't act like an NPC and give them everything you got they'll report you for lack of fear, and more often than not they're going to get a favorable ruling from the admins since technically it is a lack of fear rp if you're going by the rules.

• Upvote 6
31 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

CKs aren't working.

For a long form character that someone really loves and puts work into? CKs work.

For a PvRPer or someone who creates throwaway characters? A CK means nothing.

Real question here, is how to make a CK mean something to a throwaway character? Maybe a month long cool-down for a namechange/delete? That would give life value, even on a throwaway, since you'd only get like, 3 a month at most.

• Thanks 1