Burnt out.. Don't know how to even enjoy GTAW Anymore Any tips?

You're rather not looking for roleplay interactions in the right way or you're playing a character that isn't interesting with boring roleplay. This isn't to say you're bad at roleplay because this can very frequently be caused by burn-out. You're very jaded, despising groups and caring about what other people do a little too much.

The less time you spend being angry at people whispering and ignoring you the more time you can put into building an interesting character and finding a way to start building your own group of friends to roleplay with. Another issue might be your activity, you said you were kicked for being inactive because you have a busy schedule. Truth be told, if you're rarely active or leave for a long time people lose interest in your character completely. They find new friends and new commitments and you will become little but a phone number in their contacts list.

My reccomendation is to find a career that is a low barrier to entry and also interacts with a lot of people. Bartender is an insanely good option, its very easy to get into and interacts with tens of people. You get to try and build quality roleplay with the people who hire you and also get the chance to roleplay with all the patrons which frequently leads to friendships.

Factions are the best option however, I have never joined a faction and failed to build a friend group within said faction. If you struggle to make friends by doing either of those and other things then genuinly what @FOOBACCA said is probably hitting the point. You'll need to work on how to actually build relationships.

• Upvote 2

1. Be proactive
Rather than waiting for others to provide you with roleplaying opportunities, take the initiative to create opportunities for others to interact. You can start a business, join a smaller faction, or create interesting events to force yourself to interact with others and make new friends along the way.

2. Be visible
Use the available platforms to showcase your character. You can start a character thread, post about your experiences on Facebrowser, and build a small group of individuals who share your interest in roleplay.

3. Be original
No matter how much we try, we can only represent a small portion of real-life professions, interest groups, and so on. This presents a great opportunity to bring something new to the server or your community. Conduct research on the role you wish to represent, learn about their struggles, and create interesting, imperfect characters. 

I recommend reading books about communication to understand how different interactions can lead to positive feelings and friendships. Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People and Leil Lowndes' How to Talk to Anyone are the two fundamental books in this category, in my opinion.

Finally, taking a break from roleplaying and doing something actually meaningful can be beneficial. Good luck, and I hope you find your way!

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
On 4/19/2024 at 4:31 AM, Jerm124 said:

Because every time I HOP on there is NOTHING open... Or NOBODY to RP with... Because everyone's busy whispering in groups or talking to their cliques it's like they don't talk to anyone outside of their group. 

Basically my experience on GTAW every time I try to play.

Plus, people only wanting to RP in interiors or not wanting to do more than erp makes me prefer play other things than GTAW, and it's sad because I'd like to RP.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

1. Rename one of your characters or start a new one; you can check our Looking for forum and meet, coordinate, and start your new RP with them. 

2. Take a break for how long you need; you can always ask property management to hold your assets when you're gone to ensure they won't begone when you come back with regenerated powers. Play different games. Have you tried Helldivers 2? It's fun. 

3. Say you tried legal aspects of roleplay so far? Consider joining an illegal faction. Some factions' recruitment is easy, and they offer a lot of players who will develop your character.  If you have played illegal roleplay, you can join one of the legal factions and first become an LEO or public worker. 

4. Join small businesses like clubs or security firms, meet new characters and clients, and develop your relations with them. Some don't even require additional licenses like PF and GC.

5. Learn how to furniture and master it, and offer your services to people.

6. Learn about the penal code, become an attorney and defend your clients, or join as a legal consular for some faction. 

• Upvote 3

Honestly, 

After a point you've done everything there is to do on world, there's really nothing else to do. Unless you have time to dedicate a lot of hours of your life every day, you're not going to find consistent rp as a regular civilian or a criminal character. Your best bet would be to go for something like law enforcement cause it would at least get you a group that you could rp with outside of the work setting. 

Otherwise, I think we all come to a point where we can say the game isn't fun anymore and not worth the commitment and it's time to hang it up. 

• Thanks 1

Hello there @Jerm124, I will share my opinion on your situation.

There was a time when I felt drained due to all the restrictions I placed on my character. Her personality wouldn't allow her to interact with just anyone, only specific people. I had certain limitations on her work and many other parameters that I felt obligated to follow strictly, in order to maintain consistency with the character.

So, I reached out to someone I considered very creative and asked for their opinion.

Should I continue pushing her storyline, slowly trying to develop her into what she might someday become?
Or should I end the lifeline of her narrative altogether? The answer they gave me was enlightening.

I'll share it with you in the following screenshot, without taking any credit for the wisdom shared.

After all, we're writing stories. This isn't a theme park game; we're portraying the lives of fictional characters, and sometimes, life for them can be mundane.
Reflect on your character's story and take your chances.

Also, blaming the entire community for enjoying their roleplay while you're not is not a great way to deal with it.

Try to learn from them, get inspired, or take some time off until you harness a concept that will spark your enthusiasm.
It shouldn't necessarily be a time off from the community, but from the character instead.

I hope you go through this and have a blessed day.

Here is the advice I received:

MV8bCmK.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, LoudWhisper said:

Hello there @Jerm124, I will share my opinion on your situation.

There was a time when I felt drained due to all the restrictions I placed on my character. Her personality wouldn't allow her to interact with just anyone, only specific people. I had certain limitations on her work and many other parameters that I felt obligated to follow strictly, in order to maintain consistency with the character.

So, I reached out to someone I considered very creative and asked for their opinion.

Should I continue pushing her storyline, slowly trying to develop her into what she might someday become?
Or should I end the lifeline of her narrative altogether? The answer they gave me was enlightening.

I'll share it with you in the following screenshot, without taking any credit for the wisdom shared.

After all, we're writing stories. This isn't a theme park game; we're portraying the lives of fictional characters, and sometimes, life for them can be mundane.
Reflect on your character's story and take your chances.

Also, blaming the entire community for enjoying their roleplay while you're not is not a great way to deal with it.

Try to learn from them, get inspired, or take some time off until you harness a concept that will spark your enthusiasm.
It shouldn't necessarily be a time off from the community, but from the character instead.

I hope you go through this and have a blessed day.

Here is the advice I received:

MV8bCmK.jpeg

Taking your advice as we speak, I'm still deciding what my character should do as she has no experience with anything, I was thinking ULSA as I've never done ULSA

• Upvote 1