Vehicle impounded for not paying taxes

True. By having an automatic system in place, you are removing RP from the PD and creating this new system would be more work than it is worth in my opinion as the server still has some issues with other systems that need to be tended to. Adding another one right now could prove to cause more bugs.

Realistically, you'd get several warnings, with an added procession fee slapped ontop twice or thrice, before they'd come to your doorstep.

No, "realistically" you wouldn't cause road tax doesn't exist. The entire road tax system needs to be scrapped and replaced with people having to pay for large insurance quotes and registration fees like you do IRL. This way it's realistic and immersive whilst also cleansing idiots from driving high performance vehicles. I believe it's more immersive when a cop stops you for "expired tags, no registration and no insurance" and not "HEY BRO YOUR ROAD TAX ISN'T PAID." Shit's fucking stupid and should be re-worked.

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Registration/tax isn't paid, increasing the fine won't help at all. Just as in real life when someone cannot pay a fine; adding to the fine is just a larger unpaid tab. (Cannot get blood from a stone)  Instead of increasing the fine why don't we add the vehicle to a list published from the Department of Transportation that is readily accessible to law enforcement. If said vehicle has been pulled over, or found outside of an establishment the city can order it to be towed an repossessed. 

Hell it gives a great RP opportunity to tow truck drivers who often don't get much interaction. 

Edited by zUgg zUgg
On 4/17/2019 at 9:46 PM, Profit Prophet said:

Yeah and it is IC. But the problem here is that we are fictional characters who suddenly disappear off the earth. We don't get letters home, the PD or state cannot pursue us when we're not online or doing something suspicious. Realistically, you'd never get away with this.

On 4/17/2019 at 10:17 PM, cabotage said:

I agree with this, I do think it should be enforced more and even have a bigger fine related to it.  

19 hours ago, Profit Prophet said:

Yeah and the 1% that manages to hide their vehicles their entire lives can easily /report and talk to an admin about how they do it. I doubt it's a good reason to not implement a system because a very small minority wouldn't fit to it.

All I hear are people who are some sort of salty about the fact others do not pay the taxes. Honestly? To actually sustain said road-tax, you need to grind RPG jobs to collect enough to pay that off, not everyone here know how to do Business or even want to be a Business Man/Woman, they came here to Roleplay and have fun. Enforcing something that is an IC issue via OOC means will result in a community backlash (I.E. When management introduced taxes in-game), it is the Police who has an issue if the officers do not perform routine traffic stops or actually check if the cars have un-paid taxes then the high command has to deal with those officers and be more strict on that.

I am strongly against enforcing an IC issue via OOC means, because it is an IC issue. The police can post a BOLO and arrest warrant on said person if they chose to do so, and take the time to actually do the surveillance to catch the offender. Yet they don't.

As I said. It is IC but has to be enforced OOCly due to the fact we're all fictional characters who simply dissapear.

And that's the entire point. An economy that is more realistic. You can't have bartenders and such drive 400k cars like it's normal, yet have 2k in the bank. This is a roleplay server that orients itself off of realism. Heavy roleplay aswell, this is not GTA Online with /me and /do added.

Then it's up to PLM to take care of the bartenders driving Pariahs. Not the PD.
It's an IC thing and has to be kept IC, enforcing this OOC will block people's RP from happening, and it will take RP away from PD. If the PD doesn't do their job, it doesn't mean enforce it OOC. It stays IC.

Like stated, the penal code has fines for the evasion of tax. Keep it with that.

4 hours ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Registration/tax isn't paid, increasing the fine won't help at all. Just as in real life when someone cannot pay a fine; adding to the fine is just a larger unpaid tab. (Cannot get blood from a stone)  Instead of increasing the fine why don't we add the vehicle to a list published from the Department of Transportation that is readily accessible to law enforcement. If said vehicle has been pulled over, or found outside of an establishment the city can order it to be towed an repossessed. 

Hell it gives a great RP opportunity to tow truck drivers who often don't get much interaction. 

The funny thing is this road tax is supposed to be going to creating roleplay opportunities for players to support new jobs outside of government factions yet that hasn't been the case for like two years when it weren't even a thing lol. Repossession contracts. would actually be great if it weren't for other aspects of the road tax system being flawed. 

Another thing that wasn't considered at all by this suggestion is how used car dealerships operate. Cars that aren't being driven off the lot that are taking time to sell would end up being an immediate loss within a week considering how low the profits are for used vehicles.