Your first RP server?

Hart

SAMP NG-RP, went from a normal player to EA (aka Management). Opens your eyes a lot on how things are ran and why at times admins receive a lot of criticism through no fault of their own. You can also go from being a 'good guy' to a 'bad guy' very easily because you want whats best for the community and not a select group of players. Long story short, I don't envy the admins here at all with the work they have to do.

Dabbled a bit in a couple of other samp servers but this is my first gta v rp server (I include fiverp in that as @Nervousbought them).

I started on SAMP and found the first roleplay server I joined which was San Andreas Roleplay in 2011 then I joined servers that my brother made then I slowly started making my own, in my time on SAMP I made around 3 servers. The very last server I made back in 2016 lasted 13 months before life took over and I had to close it down in July 2017. I quit SAMP since that day and now I'm gonna try out GTA World since I feel like SAMP is dying which makes me not want to return and I also spent about 7-8 years playing there so something new would be fun.

• Upvote 1

I've been doing pen & paper RP for most of my adult life. Started in college and we still try and get together a few times a month.

First online RP was WoW. I had no idea online RP was a thing, but when I joined and saw there were RP servers, I naturally picked one. I was lucky enough to meet some great people and became a part of an amazing RP community. I miss WoW RP the most.

Some of the best online RP I was involved in was in Age of Conan. I was on an RP-PvP server and I was surprised at how people managed to combine role-play and PvP together. That was all too short. People left. Servers merged. Such a shame.

I came to GTA:W on my own. I was craving RP and my friends were all involved in IRL and couldn't find the time to pen & paper. So I googled online RP.

I had no idea that there were GTA RP communities. Literally blew me away when I saw how long it had been around and how huge it was. Los Santos RP passed me by entirely, and I really wish I'd been involved.

And now I'm here. My first ever GTA RP. Kicking names and taking ass.

When I got my first PC in 2015, I played on a Gmod server called WerewolfGaming, it was semi serious so it had basic roleplay rules. I was introduced to GTA SA roleplay by a friend who bought the game for me because I was skint. I joined my first serious roleplay community called OwlGaming through the MTA platform in 2016.

Edited by Law
  • Applaud 1