IC jail roleplay & timings

cmrnkenzie

1 minute ago, Karl_Hoover said:

I remember mapping a hospital a while ago, that had over 500-600 objects and we imported it in and everything was fine - no issues or anything (it just has to be dlcpacked) - didn't cause any issues, but I get you. 0.4 gonna be real nice, with the proper streamer and etc.... ;( - but some mappings are possible already, been seeing bunch of people getting into it, its just..not many people are mapping because of crappy map editor (unless you know a by pass ? )

Sure it works fine with just 500-600 objects. What happens when lots of people add multiple projects that are 500+ objects across different dimensions?

Just now, Westen said:

Sure it works fine with just 500-600 objects. What happens when lots of people add multiple projects that are 500+ objects across different dimensions?

Well, we had few interiors and each one was over 500+ and it worked pretty good, it was messy with we just had it ymaps , but when it was dlc packed it was perfect, from what I was told - it kinda sealed in and becomes part of the /game/ (server) as solo-object (so its kinda counted as 1 object and not 500).  So converted custom made stuff helps making things easy and voids any kind of issues. There is converted for it. 

https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/mapeditor-2-ymap-converter

I don't really partake in a lot of illegal RP nowadays so I haven't been to jail/prison in this server.  I've been RPing on SAMP/GTA V for years now and I don't think I've ever been jailed for anywhere near 15 hours.  That seems super extreme to me especially if there isn't active roleplay in the jail/prison.  Even if it counts while offline I think I'd be pretty pissed to see a 15 hour IC sentence.  

@Cyrus

Yeah, that's the case usually - people getting mad because of the sentence, but this is the only procedure to bring standards to the role-play community. Rules & policies is just 50 percent of the job to build a quality role-play experience, the other 50 is all about how the IC part is handled. Would you rather see cop killer walk out in 2-4 hours?

Reason for the long-term jail sentences, its to teach the criminal a lesson - to quit doing his criminal acts because he is bad at it (if he was good at it, he wouldn't be busted)  and to show people the consequence when you break the law. If we'll start dropping jail-time and give evaders, killers 2-3 hours. This server gonna end up closing itself in a month. Strict sentences is a must, and going to jail is "part of the game", for criminals at least.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.  I understand the frustration today, because we don't have an active Department of Corrections (but its in W.I.P.) , so once its done - people can create skinhead factions and etc...and build proper organized-gang links through out the server, end of the day - its all about the big dogs in prison. (depends what faction you're linked up with).

But take it from me, heavy time is good - and being offline with timing going down, that's wonderful - because the idea behind long timing , its to keep that criminal off the street. You know how many times we had to chase same suspects daily? We had maybe 30 different pursuits on same person because jail time was peanuts and its not acceptable.

If you'd join PD / SD for a week, you'd see why jailing must be solid and you'll understand what's the purpose behind it. Otherwise, you're killing off cop role-play, as its part of the job - bust down criminals and put them away, but the criminals that don't make their criminal acts OBVIOUS, they get to operate until they make a mistake. People can use their fronts to smuggle things and all kinds of creative ways to move illegal substance / firearms without cops attention - or handle murders properly , rather shooting the guy up middle of the street and blame PD for arresting them for triple homicide. ?

On 4/3/2019 at 3:46 AM, Cyrus said:

I don't really partake in a lot of illegal RP nowadays so I haven't been to jail/prison in this server.  I've been RPing on SAMP/GTA V for years now and I don't think I've ever been jailed for anywhere near 15 hours.  That seems super extreme to me especially if there isn't active roleplay in the jail/prison.  Even if it counts while offline I think I'd be pretty pissed to see a 15 hour IC sentence.  

I'm going to flip that around and say its not enough. Especially for the more serious crimes like murder.  Someone can murder another, then be free in no time. Does that make any sense? Your murderer character gets caught and arrested? GG time to re-roll I spose? That is the risk of being a criminal.

On 4/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, Velora said:

I'm going to flip that around and say its not enough. Especially for the more serious crimes like murder.  Someone can murder another, then be free in no time. Does that make any sense? Your murderer character gets caught and arrested? GG time to re-roll I spose? That is the risk of being a criminal.

I dislike this approach.  I think 15 hours give or take is a significant amount of time given this is still a game.  I don't think one should be forced to reroll.  If there's actually active RP being done in the prisons then fine, 15 hour seems ok but based off other comments that's not the case.  Getting 15 hours to sit in a prison with nothing to RP is more of an OOC punishment then an IC punishment.  Again though, I'm probably not the best person to discuss this with since I only really do legal RP now.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see the offline jail time go away because nobody really goes about roleplaying in jail any more, I'd love to see a Correctional Facility be build up and have prisoners RP somewhere off in the county if this is possible? Considering the fact that the player base is on rise.

On 4/5/2019 at 7:29 PM, Karl_Hoover said:

@Cyrus

Yeah, that's the case usually - people getting mad because of the sentence, but this is the only procedure to bring standards to the role-play community. Rules & policies is just 50 percent of the job to build a quality role-play experience, the other 50 is all about how the IC part is handled. Would you rather see cop killer walk out in 2-4 hours?

Reason for the long-term jail sentences, its to teach the criminal a lesson - to quit doing his criminal acts because he is bad at it (if he was good at it, he wouldn't be busted)  and to show people the consequence when you break the law. If we'll start dropping jail-time and give evaders, killers 2-3 hours. This server gonna end up closing itself in a month. Strict sentences is a must, and going to jail is "part of the game", for criminals at least.

Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.  I understand the frustration today, because we don't have an active Department of Corrections (but its in W.I.P.) , so once its done - people can create skinhead factions and etc...and build proper organized-gang links through out the server, end of the day - its all about the big dogs in prison. (depends what faction you're linked up with).

But take it from me, heavy time is good - and being offline with timing going down, that's wonderful - because the idea behind long timing , its to keep that criminal off the street. You know how many times we had to chase same suspects daily? We had maybe 30 different pursuits on same person because jail time was peanuts and its not acceptable.

If you'd join PD / SD for a week, you'd see why jailing must be solid and you'll understand what's the purpose behind it. Otherwise, you're killing off cop role-play, as its part of the job - bust down criminals and put them away, but the criminals that don't make their criminal acts OBVIOUS, they get to operate until they make a mistake. People can use their fronts to smuggle things and all kinds of creative ways to move illegal substance / firearms without cops attention - or handle murders properly , rather shooting the guy up middle of the street and blame PD for arresting them for triple homicide. ?

I think you make some good points.  My issue with this is that the way it currently works is you receive 100+ hours (according to the comment above) for serious crimes and then you end up sitting in a cell without RP for most of that duration.  From an RP and realism sense I get the "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time" deal but I think when a person is forced to give up RPing on character for extended periods of time (as this is how it is in the current system) you're just punishing the person, not the character.  It discourages illegal RP which has always been a staple of GTA RP.  At the end of the day you need to find the balance between it being a game and offering a high level of realism. 

I think my issues with this would be solved by implementing a good DOC system.  A system that encourages and promotes RP, giving people a reason to  want to RP inside the prison.  I just believe that the system should be put in place before giving out these ridiculous sentences.  My character Doink was arrested tonight (the first time I've been to jail on the server) over some small issue so I only received 45 minutes but during that time there was no roleplay involved. If I received a longer sentence there would be no reason for me to stay in game to complete it and it's at that point I believe it becomes almost an OOC punishment preventing me from RPing on my character.