Removing the orange [...]

Yoak

I think it's useful as now you can follow conversations with other players a lot better, and not get as much overlap of people saying things at the same time, which can throw the conversation off sometimes. Getting rid of the brackets and keeping the animated ellipses would make it a lot less clutter-y. Also maybe changing the color to something lighter.

It adds a lot as it allows you to keep track of situations properly and not spam without knowing someone's typing. 

However, for those who don't like it I think allowing it to be toggleable would also be good as it pleases everyone.

I honestly feel like it would be much less intrusive and easier to deal with if it was only the "..." without the brackets and if it was simply attached to the end of a players name above their head instead of some hover text that is so far up it blocks ame's and honestly gets clustered if a bunch of people are around. At least if it was on the same line you could easily track it back to see who's typing if there's a group of players.