Crack Cocaine | Addiction System Overhaul | Overdose | Drug Quality | Doctors & Hospitals

iAMTemple

Opinion  

561 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, zUgg zUgg said:

No crack head or crack dealer has a $5000 freezer and you don't even use one when you manufacture crack in real life.

A freezer is indeed needed and used in order to cool down the mixture from liquid to rock form.

The $5000 price is going based on the server's economy pricing of goods & average price of a decent freezer cooler in the US averaging $175-$500.

Though I do agree the price might seem steep, so I'll lower it to $2500.

4 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Add a random chance for addiction.

The chances are random as described below:

ADDICTION CHANCES: For every time the player does not become addicted and uses again, the chance of becoming addicted increases.

1) First Time Use - Random chance of becoming addicted (eg. Fiening for more) - Dice Roll (1/10 | 10 Being 100%)

2) Second Time Use - Random chance of becoming addicted (eg. Fiening for more) - Dice Roll (1/6 | 6 Being 100%)

3) Third Time Use -  Random chance of becoming addicted (eg. Fiening for more) - Dice Roll (1/3 | 3 Being 100%)

6 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Add a chance to overdose and potentially die...

That's a good idea. I'll have to research on this but noted.

7 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

Make drug manufacturing work like brewing, you have a chance to screw it up and ruin your batch.

Stated that the process of cooking the crack would be similar to brewing: (But will add the bad batch chance note)
COOKING CRACK:  The process would be similar to how you'd brew moonshine by placing the items you need in order to cook.

43 minutes ago, iAMTemple said:

A freezer is indeed needed and used in order to cool down the mixture from liquid to rock form.

The $5000 price is going based on the server's economy pricing of goods & average price of a decent freezer cooler in the US averaging $175-$500.

Though I do agree the price might seem steep, so I'll lower it to $2500.

The chances are random as described below:

ADDICTION CHANCES: For every time the player does not become addicted and uses again, the chance of becoming addicted increases.

1) First Time Use - Random chance of becoming addicted (eg. Fiening for more) - Dice Roll (1/10 | 10 Being 100%)

2) Second Time Use - Random chance of becoming addicted (eg. Fiening for more) - Dice Roll (1/6 | 6 Being 100%)

3) Third Time Use -  Random chance of becoming addicted (eg. Fiening for more) - Dice Roll (1/3 | 3 Being 100%)

That's a good idea. I'll have to research on this but noted.

Stated that the process of cooking the crack would be similar to brewing: (But will add the bad batch chance note)
COOKING CRACK:  The process would be similar to how you'd brew moonshine by placing the items you need in order to cook.

You don't need a freezer in real life to produce crack. The whole idea is that cracks is very cheap to produce and sell hence the prevalence in the inner city areas. I think you'd be better off subbing the freezer for a microwave which is used in the process. Freezing any type of drug is a terrible idea for your bottom line and potency.

Perfect Example - https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/videos/drugsinc/how-to-make-crack-2315.aspx

Edited by zUgg zUgg
18 minutes ago, zUgg zUgg said:

I get what your saying with the freezer but you don't need a freezer in real life to produce crack. The whole idea is that cracks is very cheap to produce and sell hence the prevalence in the inner city areas. I think you'd be better off subbing the freezer for a microwave which is used in the process. Freezing any type of drug is a terrible idea for your bottom line and potency.

Perfect Example - https://www.nationalgeographic.com.au/videos/drugsinc/how-to-make-crack-2315.aspx

He only goes through the mixing and melting process. if you leave it in the open and there is no temperature regulation to cool it down, the mixture a would become mush rather than a solid rock. The method you're referring to is a method which you can use water mixed with the cocaine and a household chemical (I can't recall the name), which then you can microwave it to remove the impurities from cocaine that has been stepped on (eg Cut).

In this case, we assume the cocaine we're getting from the suppliers are pure (there is no system to determine purity) so the method below and in the suggestion is what I'm proposing. Even still, this is the most common method used til this day.

Here's a video:

Edited by iAMTemple
On 3/25/2019 at 5:11 PM, zUgg zUgg said:

Great framework, i'd like to add my opinion on these!

• No crack head or crack dealer has a $5000 freezer and you don't even use one when you manufacture crack in real life. The premises is crack is very cheap to buy because it is cheap to produce. Hence the prevalence in poor neighborhoods.
  • Add a variable chance for addiction. Make it random, my character took 3 hits of crack.... maybe you need 1 just to become addicted.
  • Add a chance to overdose and potentially die...
  • Make drug manufacturing work like brewing, you have a chance to screw it up and ruin your batch.

To the OP first, I really loved how neat the post looks, great job on that!

And my vote goes for this "version" of the suggestion, overdosing&being it cheaper and stuff does give it an actual risk but also would balance by being the crack cheaper, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Nervous said:

By the way, If you have any idea for "quality" in your script, feel free to edit it with it. We'll add various strengths and qualities to drugs.

Regarding crack cocaine, it mainly depends on the base quality of the Cocaine HCl (sniffing cocaine, opposed to the smokeable one ((crack)) which is cocaine with basic pH), and the method used. You can make it time dependant on some step, there's a lot to mess around with I guess.

2 hours ago, Nervous said:

By the way, If you have any idea for "quality" in your script, feel free to edit it with it. We'll add various strengths and qualities to drugs.

Thank you @Nervous! I have some ideas based on what players have commented, I'll update today when I have the final breakdown and let you know. ?