Advertisement Menu

VULn3R

Short description: A menu which would display all ads in categorized form without spamming the chatlog.

Detailed description: There should be a separate menu for ads, where all ads would be listed. Once someone posts an ad, it would directly appear in that menu and would stay there for a certain period and the player won't be able to publish another ad until the previous one has been deleted. Every player would be able to access the menu. Moreover, the ads would be categorized; For example, If a player posts an ad about selling a car, it would appear in the Buy/Sell category of the menu.

Commands to add:  /adlist, /ads?

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? This will help the players in the following ways:

• Prevent the chatlog from being spammed by ads.
  • Players won't be raging out when someone steals their ad.
  • You won't be seeing the same ad again and again.
  • You won't lose ads even when in tight RP situation where the chatlog is filled with dialogues, /me's and /do's.

Additional information:

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

If it stops spam like this, I'm all for. 

image.thumb.png.b27f6b5a6f7efebbb1ad265bf84a2918.png

thats a simple fix, one character can only have one ad a time, the most recent one will be shown up in the menu.
good one though, dont see why its not a thing already

38 minutes ago, Flow said:

thats a simple fix, one character can only have one ad a time, the most recent one will be shown up in the menu.
good one though, dont see why its not a thing already

Currently a Donator does not face a penalty of waiting 6 minutes after posting his initial ad, instead he is facing a situation of waiting a minute.

I suggest more of a queue being put in place making that one advert will be added one at a time to the list and posted in a timed manner.

16 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Currently a Donator does not face a penalty of waiting 6 minutes after posting his initial ad, instead he is facing a situation of waiting a minute.

I suggest more of a queue being put in place making that one advert will be added one at a time to the list and posted in a timed manner.

ah I'm aware, I meant in the sense of the suggestion. Something posted by a person will only show once in the menu, so the spam would certainly be gone with the system