Drug addictions

Sami.

So looking at the responses, everyone is assuming it's an RPG forced script.

That's just not true.

- If you chose to take drugs, you will face repercussions.

- There is already a script that forces addictions, it's just unrealistic.

You can't expect people to RP drug abuse, some people will, but a lot of people use it as a way to benefit from the health bonuses ect.

This not only allows more RP for people who do want to RP drug abusers, but it makes the drug economy that more realistic.

It also helps on the legal side, deterring people from drugs because they know that they can be addicted if they take too much.

I don't think it's an RPG move, I think it's a push for realism.

It can't be forcing RP on someone, if you want to take drugs, then take them, but you will end up addicted.

No one's forcing anyone to take drugs, no ones forcing anyone to become addicted, it's just adding action and concequence, just like there is in real life.

The whole point of RP is to imitate real life, certain scripts prohibit that, certain scripts enable that, addiction is something that you can't control irl, the only way to control an addiction, is to either, quit, or don't take the addictive substance.

This doesn't prevent anyone from any RP, it just creates more.

4 hours ago, Lance said:

Tell it to the community that is focused on virtual currency. Back in samp days drugs gave advantages to actually make them sell and it worked pretty well. We can just remove all effects and simply have drugs as an object in your inventory that disappears after you use it,but then only people who RP it will buy it and drugs will be basically useless. 

Alright, so what do you suggest? Coke make players run faster, because that isn't realistic. Coke just acts as a stimulate and increases adrenaline (Adrenaline doesn't suddenly turn you into world class sprinter or even allow you to run faster than you already could before. Adrenaline is merely a boost of energy so allowing a drug to make you run faster script-wise would be ridiculous). Maybe another drug heals players health to 100%? Instead, we should try and think of other ideas that doesn't provide player advantages which can be easily abused.

Either way, if this were to be implemented since 'useless drugs' is something everyone always complains about in every RP server ever, then the disadvantages should outweigh the advantages. 

E.G: If X drug increases a players HP by X amount immediately (or better, small increments over time), the addiction from X drug (we're talking hard drugs, not for example weed) should not be easily curable by going to a medical facility and taking a magical pill that makes you feel better again within a few seconds. 

Point being - you shouldn't only be rewarded for using drugs (meth, heroin, coke for example). On the contrary, addictions caused by a script is an annoyance but there's solutions to make it less annoying (as subtle as possible while still influencing the health of your character) instead of turning your world into the Matrix when addiction kicks in.

Also, addiction shouldn't immediately happen after using a drug for the first time, instead over time. It should be based on frequency / time using. 

I do agree a decent, sophisticated drug system is needed, but adding advantageous elements isn't always the route to take imo.

Instead of making a drug system the same as every other server and only making drugs a player choice, think of something more innovative. Potentially an injury script that is in depth in the sense where it's possible to injure yourself and need specific narcotics for pain relief. 

Not exactly this, but something along that route. This would indirectly be a buff and potential solution for those saying that drugs are useless and nobody buys them because they provide no advantage and are a waste of money. Lets be real, majority of all drugs are a waste of money in real life as well unless needing it for valid reasons.

Also other drug alternatives instead of the most common meth, crack, such as LSD & Mushrooms (and other psychs) would be a cool implementation if it were possible to closely mimic the effects of being under the influence of said tryptamines and for a set duration of real time (1 hour, maybe less, maybe more. The effects should also be based off the amount taken, (back to it being sophisticated) so a small amount would cause subtle effects compared to higher dosages. These also wouldn't cause addictions.) for any of the hippy / psych fans who may RP this currently or those who join and RP it in the future.

BUT if you take them you will get extra hp and will run fast for longer or something.

You can already run infinite in GTA V I believe, it's not like San Andreas where you can only run a specific distance before tiring out.

Edited by bool
  • Thanks 1
On 3/11/2019 at 7:36 PM, bool said:

Sounds terrible. Drugs should be for role play purposes only and not grant any in game advantages such as ones you've listed.

That's true but is it actually the case? Drug RP, including selling, buying and using is a very important part of illegal RP (including gangs but also civilians). It should be something that's interesting...not just for RP reasons, otherwise people will spend the money on something else. 

I do totally understand where you are coming from though. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, OfficerCode3 said:

That's true but is it actually the case? Drug RP, including selling, buying and using is a very important part of illegal RP (including gangs but also civilians). It should be something that's interesting...not just for RP reasons, otherwise people will spend the money on something else. 

I do totally understand where you are coming from though. 

I went into more detail on my 2nd post just a few posts above this, I agree w/ you 100%.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic