Characters should have more abilities to directly and quickly influence government and hold LEO's accountable.

soudiere

Should players have more abilities to directly interact with government with faster results?  

183 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Barbary said:

Careful, asking for people to not be murderous psychopaths means that we're mallrats who want the server to be another Second Life.

Found it - The Corpse Problem

Funny enough, the supposed cause of the problem was that somehow, the massive piles of bodies, were a result of the cops "being too lazy to clean them all up". That's how backwards our situation is right now.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

Found it - The Corpse Problem

Funny enough, the supposed cause of the problem was that somehow, the massive piles of bodies, were a result of the cops "being too lazy to clean them all up". That's how backwards our situation is right now.

You're preaching to the choir, dude. I was one of the people in that thread saying the same shit I've been saying here.

No one wants to listen, they just want someone to blame.

2 hours ago, Eastside.Shady said:

We're not that stupid.

Well, demanding that people pretend the bodies littering the streets aren't real sure ain't SMART, I'll tell you that. You're meant to RP everything you see on GTAW. There is no OOC. 

If you ignore the IC aspect of all these murders and shootings, you're kinda' self reporting that you only log in to shoot people with no regard to your character development. Just go on GTA Online instead.

Edited by OkLibrarian

Who honestly cares, 95% of stuff should be handled in character. This is a video game at the end of the day. let people rp what they find to be fun -- LEO and Gang rpers alike. There's so much weird gatekeeping 24/7 and pocket watching on what x (who you often don't even know) is doing, it's crazy. If rules aren't being broken then handle it ic. If LEOs want to handle a large riot / protest and they're already gathering supplies to do so when a shooting goes off? It's more of a matter of "what is the most fun / unique situation" that your faction can participate in. In this case I would have gone as a unit to disrupt that protest, because like some players stated that rarely happens in game. 

Some people that play this game way too much expect way too much from every one else that plays. Log in, do your crime, arrest the bad guys, make some screens, have some laughs and then log off. Your mental health will be 100% better for it. 

Edited by CowboyYoda22
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

That tends to happen when you've got enough bodies piling up to prompt a literal complaint from the criminal community about 'the corpse problem'. 

I'm not joking, by the way. That actually happened. We got complaints from criminals and legit discussed 'the corpse problem' because too many bodies were in the streets. Turned out body despawn was (intentionally) disabled in an update, and the streets were soon filled with bodies. 

Maybe stop killing people.

I fail to see where exactly I was supporting the current of amount of violence on the server. Why are you acting as if it's the only issue people point out? Yes, it's definitely and issue and yes it's a major one. Start actually issuing punishments for poor escalation and actually look at the quality of roleplay factions put out. One look at a faction thread and you can tell which of them exist simply to mask DM. 

31 minutes ago, OkLibrarian said:

If you ignore the IC aspect of all these murders and shootings, you're kinda' self reporting that you only log in to shoot people with no regard to your character development. Just go on GTA Online instead.

There it is. The weird little bias you tried to hide behind "actually its in the rules." Nowhere did I mention or hint at anything of that nature. Why even comment on threads like these if your "argument" is so entirely one dimensional it hurts to read?

1 hour ago, Eastside.Shady said:

he weird little bias you tried to hide behind "actually its in the rules." Nowhere did I mention or hint at anything of that nature. Why even comment on threads like these if your "argument" is so entirely one dimensional it hurts to read?

Dunno what you're on about. Clearly people aren't ignoring all these deaths, considering you have not one, not two, but THREE entire factions that draw their roleplay from all these shootings ( Fire, hospital, Coroners ).

You can't just invalidate all their roleplay by saying it never really happened. 

And the server rules clearly state that you're always IC unless an Admin says otherwise or an obvious Desync occurs ( which allows you to void ) so refusing to RP what happens around you and just ignoring the death count IS against the rules.

Edited by OkLibrarian
17 hours ago, eTaylor said:

You’re right, but there’s always a case to be made for gamification. That said our system is fairly dystopian and broken much like the rest of Los Angeles and California. And as far as speed goes; can we even speed it up? I mean, I’m pretty sure judges don’t sit around going “argh I need I wait 6 days to answer this case for realism!” and PD/SD don’t let complaints sit for longer than they have to. Our system of bureaucracy is carried by a limited amount of players who dot the globe spending their free time. For the majority this isn’t a full time job so we can’t expect to have full office hour time tables on responses. Even internally most things take 48-72 hours to go through administration. Considering this is a game with infinite time potential that isn’t that long. 

I don't think we can speed it up. I've been apart of JSA for 3 straight years now most of that as a Judge and a Lawyer on a separate character. If we actually want the roleplay if actual want court trial which is. Yeah Judges aren't delaying things for realism they are just swamped. Because just like in real life there are so many cases going through the system any day. Constant stream of warrants to answer. Also Judges don't aren't the quickest to take on Civil cases because they take sooooo long. And Civil cases is where lawsuits against cops get handled. 

15 hours ago, OkLibrarian said:

Yeah, sorry, but that's straight up bad roleplay. Going " LALALALA " and ignoring roleplay you don't like is basically mixing OOC and IC. If you make a mistake on those PK murders you get fired, but suddenly you're supposed to ignore them when the shift's over? Not to mention this voids most of your shift. If I patrol 4 hours and 3 hours get voided why am I even logging in at that point?

It's not my fault 30 murders happened during my shift, and I sure as hell am not going to pretend they didn't. It's not my job to make the server realistic, that's supposedly the admins/LFM/IFM's job. I simply react to what happens around me.

It’s interesting you’d call it “bad roleplay”. I think it goes against the spirit of the server to roleplay some kind of edgy schitzoid stuck in the movie cliche throbs of cop PTSD because “Davis bad” or pretending to be some jarhead fighting in the streets of Fallujah. Yes shootings happened, yes you get in trouble if you fuck things up. But few things in the server recognize the frequency of shootings. The law and lawmakers don’t, command doesn’t, our infrastructure doesn’t either. Hell, if you go to psychological services you’d be put on leave. The conclusion of these scenes aren’t revered as something where lives were lost. The media doesn’t much care and beyond a few complaints here and there it’s very ignorable. I’m also not in the market for back-to-back shoot-cry-shoot cookie cutter CNR roleplay. 

15 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

That's... a complete headcanon? DMEC has released official stats in a blog post with the homicide count last year, so clearly they're not ignored. And people call 911 when someone gets shot/killed so clearly that's not ignored. 

Don't do that. You can't void events just because you don't like them. That's something an admin does and even then I've seen admins NOT void scenes where clear rulebreaking happened, so where'd you get the idea that you're allowed to self void scenes nilly willy?

You have rules saying you're not allowed to go back on duty if you were shot for one hour and to RP injuries, if PKs don't count why would this rule even exist? What am I healing from, a ghost shooting me? I'm in the hospital recovering because I got shot by a criminal who PKed. I can't just NOT RP that, it's literally against the rules.

I’ll dismiss  it, and I’ll continue to dismiss it because that’s how the system works in the spirit of our mission and the server itself. And I’ll also continue to dismiss it because that’s the standard that’s been set in this game for years. There’s a difference between voiding roleplay and simply nullifying its value beyond the “it’s part of the game” and valueing meaningful interactions and development over that of a screeching NoPixel Roblox troll that just shot 30 people with aimbot. A DMEC blogpost has no impact on that, nor do 911 calls. The rule preventing you from going back on duty has nothing to do with that either. If it was widely valued and roleplayed I’d expect to see far more roleplay from the faction itself. Since I don’t see fundamental changes or recognition in that regard, and since I don’t see symptoms or lines to the medical offices because of psychological trauma I see no reason to suddenly stop. 

21 hours ago, OkLibrarian said:

Sorry, but LEO roleplayers aren't hired by Nervous and don't log in as their job. They're here to have fun. You can't force them to patrol a certain area. And if you try you'll just end up with a lot of people quitting. And then you have even fewer people responding, ergo more crime that isn't answered. This is a terrible idea.

GTAW's crime isn't an IC issue that can be dealt with IC. Even if every cop kills/catches every bad guy on a given day, the bad guy just switches to one of his other 2 characters and does crime again. Crime rate stays the same. GTAW's crime issue is systemic. It comes from the top, with guns being too easy to get, ( because there's too many of them. I bet there's 10 guns or more for every player on the server, whereas in real life the gun to human ratio is maybe 1:3 in America ) because criminals are too hard to catch ( Judges expect probable cause on a 2023 level when LEOs have basically no investigative tools and are stuck to 1970 technology, AIR units are rare because LFM kept nerfing them to the point where nobody wants to play them anymore, LEO cars are slow as hell compared to what criminals usually use, the fact that there are gangbangers who have 200,000$ Dodge Chargers is insane ) and most importantly because Admins don't do their job of policing roleplay and stopping bad crime RP before it happens. If I had a nickel for every time I threw up a report for a guy who shot up a block and then drove like it's GTA Online I'd finally be able to afford a house on GTAW.

You have some 50 LEOs on at peak times and hundreds of criminals, it's no wonder they're overwhelmed.

If you want crime to be dealt with, ask for harsher punishments for crime. You kill a cop and get what, 2 weeks in prison, assuming you're caught? 2 weeks in which you just log in to your other alt and basically avoid any real consequence to your killer character who got caught.

LEO burnout is already at an all time peak, you'd just be making it worse with what this thread requests and then you can enjoy a 24/7 The Purge when there's no cop around to respond to your shootings or the 1000 body calls we see a day.

Pretty much this, I've basically checked out mentally when I patrol because every single civilian vehicle can outrun a police vehicle. As a former LEO IRL my explorer was rated for 155 MPH and could top out at 160 depending on weight, we no longer see the point.

12 hours ago, CowboyYoda22 said:

Who honestly cares, 95% of stuff should be handled in character. This is a video game at the end of the day. let people rp what they find to be fun -- LEO and Gang rpers alike. There's so much weird gatekeeping 24/7 and pocket watching on what x (who you often don't even know) is doing, it's crazy. If rules aren't being broken then handle it ic. If LEOs want to handle a large riot / protest and they're already gathering supplies to do so when a shooting goes off? It's more of a matter of "what is the most fun / unique situation" that your faction can participate in. In this case I would have gone as a unit to disrupt that protest, because like some players stated that rarely happens in game. 

Some people that play this game way too much expect way too much from every one else that plays. Log in, do your crime, arrest the bad guys, make some screens, have some laughs and then log off. Your mental health will be 100% better for it. 

Alright, I'd like to utilize a private contractor to make our police vehicles more effective, do you think I'd be able?