[Suggestion] Generic Items, Item System, Item Framework

Short description: 

The implementation of an item system quite similar as multiple Multi Theft Auto San Andreas Roleplay servers, based on GUI.

Detailed description:

Currently we have a great working inventory system based on Text, GTA.World is ofcourse a heavy texed based Roleplay Server. However there are ways to increase the graphical attraction and to implement new items into the system.

Take a look, for example, this image:

dVgWJsA.png

This is just a regular weapon inventory system in a GTA:SA Roleplay server. 

You're able to drop the item, pick the item up, drag it into your safe all without using commands. You're able to create valuable items, like a Rolex watch, gold bars, drug items whatnot, but even normal objects like scissors, printers, computer. People can't use ducktape if they simply don't have the item. 

I know it is possible since an other server is working on the same script:

itemsysheader2.png

Something like this, atleast you get my point.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: Items will be requested by players by an importing company, the real-life value needs to be paid to that company and it'll RPly import the goods and deliver them.

How would your suggestion improve the server? Item value, More items to choose, GUI! , Immersion.

Additional information: None.

I'm curious about your opinion, chaps' 

• Upvote 1

I as a programmer find using CLI (Command Line Interface) to be much faster at performing actions versus having a GUI (Graphical User Interface). I would like to have both, meaning a GUI and an option to use commands to access my inventory, I don't want to be forced to only a GUI.

Edited by Vash Baldeus

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're asking for a inventory UI system basically? Something like this where it shows your inventory and maybe storage such as cars, properties?  If so I would totally love to see this system implemented. I'm so tired of typing /vinv and /inv or /pinv because I forget the numbers and gotta scroll back up or some the ids change because I took something out and need more of another item. This type of UI would make it feel alot more user friendly.

Edited by Daenerys_Targaryen

I mean, I'd personally like the option to choose between text and GUI. If people want graphics I think it wouldn't harm anyone's else experience.  

Is this something that would require a lot of man hours to accomplish?  If so, is it something that would be needed, or something that could be worked on eventually?

1 hour ago, Daenerys_Targaryen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you're asking for a inventory UI system basically? Something like this where it shows your inventory and maybe storage such as cars, properties?  If so I would totally love to see this system implemented. I'm so tired of typing /vinv and /inv or /pinv because I forget the numbers and gotta scroll back up or some the ids change because I took something out and need more of another item. This type of UI would make it feel alot more user friendly.

Yes! Like this one, something like that.

2 minutes ago, MChavera said:

I mean, I'd personally like the option to choose between text and GUI. If people want graphics I think it wouldn't harm anyone's else experience.  

Is this something that would require a lot of man hours to accomplish?  If so, is it something that would be needed, or something that could be worked on eventually?

I don't think this will be an easy project, but I'm not a back office scripter, so I have no clue.

Yes please, GUI's can be very realistic. I saw at a server once you go to a bank, apply for a bank account where you'll get a ATM Card. You could drag the card from your inventory to the ATM, and the atm shows a GUI asking you to enter a pincode and gives a whole menu about what you want to do afterwards. Same goes for property/vehicle keys, would be so much easier with a actual inventory system.

So, a +1 from me, got my full support.

14 hours ago, Chewy said:

Yes please, GUI's can be very realistic. I saw at a server once you go to a bank, apply for a bank account where you'll get a ATM Card. You could drag the card from your inventory to the ATM, and the atm shows a GUI asking you to enter a pincode and gives a whole menu about what you want to do afterwards. Same goes for property/vehicle keys, would be so much easier with a actual inventory system.

So, a +1 from me, got my full support.

Yes. Sounds really cool and realistic.

Yes please. This will add more feeling to owning certain items that you can actually see as visual things, giving you and others more immersion while dealing with them.

Edited by Guest

I'll lock this - It's obviously a nice to have addition, but at the moment we have no GUI developers and we're still looking for someone that can do great graphic work AND integrate it. Feel free to apply if you are one, or If you know one!

No need to suggest obvious improvements to the gamemode - We know it's definitely something that would be great and It's been suggesteed countless of times. We'll also always keep the CLI like we have today in addition.

• Applaud 1