Rule 2/Rule 4 contradiction

4 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

I'm sorry you are really reaching with this one. You can talk back how you like, feel free. Don't make a CK Appeal when your brains are found on the floor. You have the choice, take the consequence. CK's aren't a punishment, it's a consequence of your actions. 

At the same time, I have seen multiple instances (times when I have gotten killed before too) where I took the time to put depth into the situation, roleplaying my characters fear and emotions in the siotuation and trying to comply only to get shot for them assuming its to ooc stall. The issue is 95% of the people doing these muggings don't care about roleplay but obtaining script assets, and the rules currently back them in this endevour despite it being against the spirit of the rules

• Upvote 3
Just now, Cartoonhead said:

CK's are applied due to lack of in character fear resulting in your character dying in that situation.

No it's you pulling the trigger causing it.

Can we please stop pretending criminal characters are just victim of circumstance and forced to shoot by civilians around them when they're not, I am trying to have a serious debate.

Just now, knppel said:

No it's you pulling the trigger causing it.

Can we please stop pretending criminal characters are just victim of circumstance and forced to shoot by civilians around them when they're not, I am trying to have a serious debate.

This is your debate, just because you don't like my answers does not mean i'm not sharing my opinion on your suggestion. You want to twist wordings and the narrative to fit your agenda and that's fine, but it's very obvious. Have a good one, there's no point talking about things with you people. You get upset because someone doesn't instantly fall in line with your ideas. ❤️ I'll leave you too it 

12 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

No? CK's are applied due to lack of in character fear resulting in your character dying in that situation. Lack of fear results in a CK throughout all avenues of the game, be it legal/LEO and illegal. As I said, you can do what you like IC, don't come and complain because you don't like the consequence. 

You can't do what you like IC, because not roleplaying fear correctly is against the rules. Just for argument sake, I could say that getting involved in a street gang is dangerous but not all shootouts results in CKs, right? The consequences are different though. There are very strict limits to when CKs are applied without the player's consent.

- Administrators approve a CK application

- Administrators approve a CK war (they're understandably rare)

- Your character dies during a pre-approved CK attempt 

- You break the powergaming rule and your character die in the scene

It seems as if suddenly or recently the last method is getting stretched further than it had been before. This seems to be the case now, so it would be extremely helpful to know precisely how your character is allowed to verbally and emotionally respond to being held at gunpoint. 

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 5
7 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

t seems as if suddenly or recently the last method is getting stretched further than it had been before.

Almost as if it was easier to make admins jump on alleged no-fear than to get a proper ck application handled, eh?

3 minutes ago, knppel said:

Almost as if it was easier to make admins jump on alleged no-fear than to get a proper ck application handled, eh?

People seem to forget that this is text server. It is mandatory to put almost everything into text. If robbers don't have time to wait for my response. I don't have time to rp with them. It is that simple. I wonder when people will start using their own head for something other than just bashing  at the wall.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • knppel changed the title to Rule 2/Rule 4 contradiction

The rule favours the robber's side. It needs to be balanced and they should be rping fear that maybe illegal actions would result in their own death too. Robbers are desperate people, maybe for money or food. They aren't doing it because they like it. 

Edit: Robberies shouldn't be so aggressive either. Your victim might comply better if you try to keep them calm.

And:

• Robber tries to rob victim. Victim fights back, and wins. Robber submits an OOC report on the victim for powergaming. Rather than taking it as an IC loss which does happen in real life, they have to go OOC and explain why they should've won.
  • Robber tries to rob victim. Victim fights back but loses. It could end there but this is a community where people aren't exactly very nice or respectful, and seem to get off on ruining people's effort in order to further their own. They submit a CK report just to put the final nail in the coffin, just because the rules give them that ability. There's a reason the administration team have the final say in decisions like this rather than handing the responsibility over to players.

Edited by Wing

Imo it all depends on the situation. If it's several guns trained at you from point blank. Best way is to comply and not antagonize them.

If it's a knife being pressed at your skin, comply again and be extra careful. If it's a melee weapon or people just approach you, ie they are not within your space yet. Every self-defence instructor will tell you, that the only advice in such situation, is to run. If you are positive they don't have guns and they are not within your space yet, run.

Edited by Engelbert