Rule 2/Rule 4 contradiction

1 minute ago, BLUE HUNDREDS said:

Dude literally just leave all the corny emotions to the side and literally comply lol, what's so hard? Literally you can roleplay shitting your pants and crying as loud as you want but you're gonna be alright as far as you move with the robber and hand over your items as you're expected to do. I know it sounds crazy but that's literally the definition of robbing, taking somebodies items without their consent.

So any other response is unrealistic then? I know posting videos of real life examples is popular around here, so I wouldn't be able to find any videos of people not complying during armed robberies, right? We both know the answer to that already though.

Instead,  my question was what the range of realistic roleplay is in response to being robbed. What can you roleplay and what can't you roleplay? Can you be a little more specific?

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Timzii said:

not taking a potential murger charge into account when killing

That's the key issue I have besides the rules contradicting each other, which needs clarification one way or another:

The rules are just unfair, with anyone at gunpoint having to rp fear even if the offending party is dressed as clown and making jokes (Had that happen, the clown didn't murk me luckily).

At the same time, said clown is in no way demanded to rp fear of consequences for leaving a corpse in their path.

2 minutes ago, BLUE HUNDREDS said:

By being CKed you're 100% gonna learn that you're not supposed to play around with gunmen and act like you're bulletproof,

You're falsely implying people assume their characters are bullet proof, and again mixing ooc and ic things.

If I , the player, learn of something, it won't necessarily affect my rp (I for my part am well aware my char might be shot at any time of the day, it's gta, thank you very much).

But unless I play my characters as repetitive avatars, this learning process of mine will not affect them:

Specifically if my character gets killed, for instance, I start anew and typically without knowledge gathered by my previous character.

Knowledge such as, your character should better be taken seriously and will not hesitate to pull the trigger.

Stuff that might cause me to be afraid ic.

3 minutes ago, BLUE HUNDREDS said:

taking somebodies items without their consent

And no one has an issue with this also. I very much get the idea.

What I speak about is executing robbery victims for "not showing enough fear", which frequently happens after 60-second-encounters, without actual resistance.

The rules should encourage robbers to stick to robbing, any encounter leaving a dead body should be rated as severe failure and cause people to hide for weeks out of FEAR for being caught and so on if we're serious.

However they stop when a robber shoots a victim.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

Can you describe the range of ways one can realistically roleplay fear? Sometimes it seems people think that immediately complying is the only way to roleplay realistically in response to a situation like this. What do you think?

To be honest you've been here long enough to know how to RP a human with emotions, i'd hope. But sure. Roleplaying a heightened sense of anxiety, can range from fumbling and shifting hands to and from complying, confusion in speech and /me's all the way to breaking down or freezing up. You can still comply and roleplay emotions without actually not complying, What you don't do, is stand there like billy big bollocks while 3 dudes hold firearms to your temple and go " Fuck off, you know who you're messing with kid?" like some cringe anime main character. 

Illegal RP'ers mostly already don't roleplay this properly. Most people aren't going to catch life in prison over a robbery, let alone be able to kill a person, yet they will gladly blow somebodies head off in public over 200 bucks

I can't wait for the replies here to be one off scenarios or "bro i live in chicago,LA,baltimore bro this happens daily bro on god on my mom"

Edited by Rhy Rhy
5 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

. You can still comply and roleplay emotions without actually not complying, What you don't do, is stand there like billy big bollocks while 3 dudes hold firearms to your temple and go " Fuck off, you know who you're messing with kid?" like some cringe anime main character. 

This seems a bit contradictory,  you can roleplay emotions whilst complying, but a character can't talk aggressively? My understanding was always that you can't abuse the situation to get the upper hand, like running away or magically whipping out a firearm, or OOCly delay the situation. Has this shifted to limiting how characters can talk too, regardless of actions? 

Edited by mj2002
Just now, mj2002 said:

This seems a bit contradictory,  you can roleplay emotions whilst complying, but a character can't talk aggressively? My understanding was always that you can't abuse the situation to get the upper hand, like running away or magically whipping out a firearm. Has this shifted to limiting how characters can talk too, regardless of actions? 

I'm sorry you are really reaching with this one. You can talk back how you like, feel free. Don't make a CK Appeal when your brains are found on the floor. You have the choice, take the consequence. CK's aren't a punishment, it's a consequence of your actions. 

2 minutes ago, Cartoonhead said:

CK's aren't a punishment, it's a consequence of your actions.

And here's where you're wrong as the rules clearly do apply them as punishment for unwanted player behaviour.

I once more have to stress to carefully differ between ic and ooc. IC it's a consequence also not of my actions but of those who pull the trigger, even if victim-blaming is very popular (and fear rp rules support that further).

OOC however it's a punitive measure, nothing else- From ic point of view a pk would be the exactly same "consequence".

Edited by knppel
Just now, Cartoonhead said:

You can talk back how you like, feel free. Don't make a CK Appeal when your brains are found on the floor. . 

But you're still contradicting yourself here, right? CKs are applied because the powergaming rule is broken in these cases. Either you can talk back, or you can't. Which is it?

Just now, mj2002 said:

But you're still contradicting yourself here, right? CKs are applied because the powergaming rule is broken in these cases. Either you can talk back, or you can't. Which is it?

No? CK's are applied due to lack of in character fear resulting in your character dying in that situation. Lack of fear results in a CK throughout all avenues of the game, be it legal/LEO and illegal. As I said, you can do what you like IC, don't come and complain because you don't like the consequence. 

• Upvote 1
  • knppel changed the title to Rule 2/Rule 4 contradiction