Let's talk about the fuel changes

HappyGecko

That's why it's experimental! We try it out, gather feedback and go from there. So far it's mostly complaining about fueling your car for 15 seconds and how this update sucks. I'm sure in a week everyone adapts and understands why, if not then obviously we will work around it.

• Upvote 1

Didn't the Davis and Mirror Park LTD get shut down a few weeks ago for rampant trolling? I don't personally mind having to refuel, but gas stations have never really been known for peak roleplaying. So I wouldn't really push that as a potential for more RP. It's needed, but I think most people are going to out of their way to go to stations that no one is at to avoid the sheer chaos that most of the LTDs tend to have. 

Edited by CowboyYoda22
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, HappyGecko said:

I get all this. I have a taxi character, and sure, I would appreciate if more people called for a cab! However, I doubt this will push people to do so. There is nothing immersive about standing at a gas station for 15 seconds to refuel your car. I see the reasons behind it, I really do. A fuel system is absolutely needed, but with realistic fuel capacity in mind. But yeah, this thread was not to simply complain about something that is an experiement, I just want people to leave their opinions for any future discussions about said topic 🙂 

Let's try it for a few weeks and then we can give valid feedback, and maybe it will get tweaked. 

The request to nerf was born out of a player suggestion that had overwhelmingly positive responses from the player base and the management is simply responding to the the communities wishes. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, CowboyYoda22 said:

Didn't the Davis and Mirror Park LTD get shut down a few weeks ago for rampant trolling? I don't personally mind having to refuel, but gas stations have never really been known for peak roleplaying. So I wouldn't really push that as a potential for more RP. It's needed, but I think most people are going to out of their way to go to stations that no one is at to avoid the sheer chaos that most of the LTDs tend to have. 

Why Mirror Park? Literally no one roleplays there, if it isn't a newly opened faction, which lasts few weeks before running out of fuel.

12 minutes ago, CowboyYoda22 said:

Didn't the Davis and Mirror Park LTD get shut down a few weeks ago for rampant trolling? I don't personally mind having to refuel, but gas stations have never really been known for peak roleplaying. So I wouldn't really push that as a potential for more RP. It's needed, but I think most people are going to out of their way to go to stati that no one is at to avoid the sheer chaos that most of the LTDs tend to have. 

I am not entirely familiar with Gas station rp, but they always seemed like hang out and hot spot for rp. There are always people working them and people idling around. 

I think by making fuelling more of a necessity, you will find more diversity and activity at gas stations instead of it being specific rp groups. It can only benefit the ones working there, and for the people who use it as a hang out. Who knows what changes there will be if all types have to start coming face to face at gas stations. I can't predict it but it must create more rp.

Edited by Natala

image.png

From a quick google search, my 2010 Honda Civic has a 12.4 gallon fuel tank; with this new fuel system it makes absolutely ZERO sense for this to be 11 liters per gas tank.

image.png

From a realistic stand point, I legitimately can drive 4x the amount of miles with my IRL gas tank versus an in game gas tank. You want realism, get rid of this shit; simple.

1 minute ago, Smurf said:

image.png

From a quick google search, my 2010 Honda Civic has a 12.4 gallon fuel tank; with this new fuel system it makes absolutely ZERO sense for this to be 11 liters per gas tank.

image.png

From a realistic stand point, I legitimately can drive 4x the amount of miles with my IRL gas tank versus an in game gas tank. You want realism, get rid of this shit; simple.

Conveniently forgetting that your 2010 Honda Civic is designed to drive around an area roughly ten times our map?

Yeah... That's also a thing to factor in. It's 25% the fuel capacity, for approximately 10% of the real estate 

5 minutes ago, Kraethas said:

Conveniently forgetting that your 2010 Honda Civic is designed to drive around an area roughly ten times our map?

Yeah... That's also a thing to factor in. It's 25% the fuel capacity, for approximately 10% of the real estate 

Bub, I live in Ohio. I work within my city, I barely travel 15 miles a day to and from work and to the store on Fridays. A full tank of gas lasts me about 1.5 weeks before I have to refill. I spend roughly 80 dollars in gas every 3 weeks

Edit: People that drive their car for miles on end and go and do spontaneous stuff that involves their car for 90% of their roleplay, should understand that there's going to be gas consumption. But for those of us that don't really want to drive 60 miles to just refuel their car (yes im actually doing math here for the conversion I done for the in game) I'd personally walk if I had to fork up money every 60 miles of driving my car. Overall it's not a good update for gas; it was already revamped, leave it on the revamp. That one was like a SWEET SPOT for mileage to refuelage.

Edited by Smurf