Lower paycheck rate

noel

So why does literally nobody buy drugs? It's all fair saying that you can just RP having less money, but people don't. 

There's obviously a reason why it's so easy to gain access to drugs, weapons etc. and why nobody wants to pay for them other than buying huge amounts at one time.

If it isn't the fact that everybody is loaded with money, what is it? Why aren't people doing RP jobs, working in stores etc? There has to be a reason. Of the 150ish people that play on the server at peak times, I'm yet to see anybody actually working a job or anything like that, except a bartender in a club or two.

1 hour ago, Tr1bal said:

Hold up, you don't like the RPG jobs because they are not RP'ed correctly but at the same time you'd like to get free money so you don't have to do any job at all? You should try acquiring funds through RP maybe if you REALLY want to focus on RP'ing. Not having free money flow will give more motivation to do that.

You don't have to be mad on me because I didn't like your previous suggestion, man.

I just stated if I'm supporting or not supporting this current suggestion.

41 minutes ago, PandaGaming said:

You don't have to be mad on me because I didn't like your previous suggestion, man.

I just stated if I'm supporting or not supporting this current suggestion.

Man. Nobody is mad at anybody here. I'm just passionate about my beliefs but I am not arguing with YOU because its personal. I remember what people have said in the past and claimed to be their view of thinking, so of course I bring those claims up again if they are being contradicted by the same person on another thread. Its not about who's liking what, its about what is logical and helpful.

1 hour ago, noel said:

So why does literally nobody buy drugs? It's all fair saying that you can just RP having less money, but people don't. 

There's obviously a reason why it's so easy to gain access to drugs, weapons etc. and why nobody wants to pay for them other than buying huge amounts at one time.

If it isn't the fact that everybody is loaded with money, what is it? Why aren't people doing RP jobs, working in stores etc? There has to be a reason. Of the 150ish people that play on the server at peak times, I'm yet to see anybody actually working a job or anything like that, except a bartender in a club or two.

It is because people don't really spend their money other then on cars and properties. Cars won't actually break down, no need to spend any money there, fuel is cheap, people don't need to eat or pay any property related bills. You can also switch jobs left and right so you can basically mine your own resources to build a bar, brew your own beer to sell it there and craft some knives for protection as well. There is surplus of money I think. But there is also a lot of hope for things to get better in the future. Believe me. Don't give up.

People not buying drugs can just be something else, it doesn't mean that it is due to paychecks. If anything with more starter money I would feel people are more inclined to spend things to enhance their RP rather than restrict it. I think that this server just doesn't have a big drug economy with the current interests that people have on it.

As for the matter at hand, 200k might be seen as a lot but if you buy yourself a cheap sub 100k house somewhere, spend a bit on a car and all that then you are starting to get low. Not to mention that, sure you can buy an apartment somewhere, get a car or two and get a gun, but once that money is gone it is gone. You lose that gun somehow and you didn't make anything out of using it? It's a total loss. The biggest issue with paychecks right now are legal factions having insane money if they play a lot like LSPD or LSFD.

I have no idea what the sort of cashflow is for legal work and just how quickly or what quantity you earn however, but once legal paychecks are rebalanced I assume they'll fall in line to something similar to that.

3 hours ago, noel said:

It doesn't really work though, does it? 

I've been playing for less than 15 hours and I already have a car, shotguns and 4 ounces of cocaine.

There's 'simulating a character's history' and then there's just ruining the economy. I've already seen multiple threads of people saying that the economy is broken, well the answer is right in front of your eyes. You shouldn't be able to buy all of this stuff within your first few hours of playing. People WANT to be able to work towards something.

LSRP's system works a lot better than this server's IMO when it comes to economy. There are few drug distributors and few strawmen, and you need to WORK to achieve what you want to achieve. Call it RPG-like, whatever you want, but its probably one of the main reasons the server is still so popular.

You buying the car, shotguns and 4 ounces of cocaine is the problem, not the money. I - and several people I know have far more money than our IC characters should have, and roleplay it as such. Just because I have 200k after 40 hours doesn't mean I'm buying a shotgun some car and a bunch of drugs for my character to go wild with, hell, one of my main characters right now is a 16 year old living in his tia's house (which 95k of the check money went to) and has a bmx bike to get around on, and I haven't bought - and won't buy anything else until he's icly built up the cash to do so. Taking away convenience just to stop peoples inability to control their want to buy all the shit they're interested is pretty wack, so I personally can't support this suggestion. That starter money helps fuel a LOT of good roleplay, removing it just because people can't comprehend the notion of "hey, maybe i shouldnt buy this right away just because i have been given starter money to help ease me into RP and the server" isn't a good way to go. It's 200k. That's not really as much as you think, and it goes away fast. Once you use it on artificial shit that isn't properties or cars, you're not getting it back without working for it, and typically only get 500-800 a check, which is barely anything unless you're active. (not to mention there's several things to take that down like insurance and what not, most of my characters only make about 700-750, which I then go to spend on taxes or waste on outfits and what not here and there)

GTAW's fine and only getting better as time goes. Eventually down the road when things have progressed a bit and there's a lot more support for actually making income through RP (and not just RPing script jobs or sitting in a club typing /me poors dis nicca a drank.) and people are a bit more loose with their money, it'll be an okay time to maybe lower or remove the initial starter cash you get. (I.E I can literally RP painting some wheels for someone on LSRP and make money where there's no script anything involved, yet on GTAW nobody would actually give you anything over like 50-100 dollars for that shit no matter how well you RP it (except for a few maybe) so really the whole excuse of REE WORK FOR IT LOL is basically just "hey go grind a job, or be a bartender or mechanic for 300 hours if you want money because a lot of the normal jobs don't even pay well enough or get enough service to be at all worth doing it, cause it's usually too damn boring and you make like 300-400 dollars for like 4 hours of time spent sitting around lol)

TL;DR learn self control and think before you just go buying everything because you have the money in your bank. Think about your character. Your bank doesn't have to be IC money. I had near enough 400k on a character I was rping living in the hood and barely had enough money to support parts to fix her car up etc and developed her to where she is now, where said money is actually ICly there due to working it up (and even have little bit more than originally). Shouldn't need a script to limit you so you can play right. The economy's not broken because of a little 40 hour initial starter paycheck. It's broken because so many people grinded mining, bought business and started doing a bunch of shit roleplay, and it's been slowly worked towards correcting all that crap which the admins have done a pretty good job so far and are only working on ways to make it even better. Without even thinking about their characters, and the only excuse was a poorly made up reason as to why they suddenly had all this money - in most cases.

Edited by Smonk
  • Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Smonk said:

You buying the car, shotguns and 4 ounces of cocaine is the problem, not the money. I - and several people I know have far more money than our IC characters should have, and roleplay it as such. Just because I have 200k after 40 hours doesn't mean I'm buying a shotgun some car and a bunch of drugs for my character to go wild with, hell, one of my main characters right now is a 16 year old living in his tia's house (which 95k of the check money went to) and has a bmx bike to get around on, and I haven't bought - and won't buy anything else until he's icly built up the cash to do so. Taking away convenience just to stop peoples inability to control their want to buy all the shit they're interested is pretty wack, so I personally can't support this suggestion. That starter money helps fuel a LOT of good roleplay, removing it just because people can't comprehend the notion of "hey, maybe i shouldnt buy this right away just because i have been given starter money to help ease me into RP and the server" isn't a good way to go. It's 200k. That's not really as much as you think, and it goes away fast. Once you use it on artificial shit that isn't properties or cars, you're not getting it back without working for it, and typically only get 500-800 a check, which is barely anything unless you're active. (not to mention there's several things to take that down like insurance and what not, most of my characters only make about 700-750, which I then go to spend on taxes or waste on outfits and what not here and there)

GTAW's fine and only getting better as time goes. Eventually down the road when things have progressed a bit and there's a lot more support for actually making income through RP (and not just RPing script jobs or sitting in a club typing /me poors dis nicca a drank.) and people are a bit more loose with their money, it'll be an okay time to maybe lower or remove the initial starter cash you get. (I.E I can literally RP painting some wheels for someone on LSRP and make money where there's no script anything involved, yet on GTAW nobody would actually give you anything over like 50-100 dollars for that shit no matter how well you RP it (except for a few maybe) so really the whole excuse of REE WORK FOR IT LOL is basically just "hey go grind a job, or be a bartender or mechanic for 300 hours if you want money because a lot of the normal jobs don't even pay well enough or get enough service to be at all worth doing it, cause it's usually too damn boring and you make like 300-400 dollars for like 4 hours of time spent sitting around lol)

TL;DR learn self control and think before you just go buying everything because you have the money in your bank. Think about your character. Your bank doesn't have to be IC money. I had near enough 400k on a character I was rping living in the hood and barely had enough money to support parts to fix her car up etc and developed her to where she is now, where said money is actually ICly there due to working it up (and even have little bit more than originally). Shouldn't need a script to limit you so you can play right. The economy's not broken because of a little 40 hour initial starter paycheck. It's broken because so many people grinded mining, bought business and started doing a bunch of shit roleplay, and it's been slowly worked towards correcting all that crap which the admins have done a pretty good job so far and are only working on ways to make it even better. Without even thinking about their characters, and the only excuse was a poorly made up reason as to why they suddenly had all this money - in most cases.

Fair argument. I can practise self control, I know that the average joe won't, however. Perhaps the RP on this server just doesn't suit me very much. I prefer the more realistic nature of what I've seen in LSRP compared to this so far, despite the fact that the scripts, customization etc. is better here.

The main difference between the two servers seems to be around that 'loose with their money' phrase you used. LSRP and its community endorses good RP, this one doesn't seem to have reached that stage yet. That's not anything that can be controlled, but something that will (hopefully) naturally happen over time. I guess I accept defeat on the premise of your argument, but I still wish that there were less people driving around in pimped out cars with neon lighting than RPing something which makes sense. At the minute the server feels like its missing something, and I'm yet to have any level roleplay which matches my experiences on LSRP except with people who I know OOCly who've joined me in this exploration.

I'm still going to play and hopefully I've just had a bad introduction to the server and gotten unlucky with who I have come across, or maybe the community just needs time to grow and mature, increase RP standards etc. What you said about mining I had no idea about, since I am relatively new.

1 hour ago, noel said:

Fair argument. I can practise self control, I know that the average joe won't, however. Perhaps the RP on this server just doesn't suit me very much. I prefer the more realistic nature of what I've seen in LSRP compared to this so far, despite the fact that the scripts, customization etc. is better here.

The main difference between the two servers seems to be around that 'loose with their money' phrase you used. LSRP and its community endorses good RP, this one doesn't seem to have reached that stage yet. That's not anything that can be controlled, but something that will (hopefully) naturally happen over time. I guess I accept defeat on the premise of your argument, but I still wish that there were less people driving around in pimped out cars with neon lighting than RPing something which makes sense. At the minute the server feels like its missing something, and I'm yet to have any level roleplay which matches my experiences on LSRP except with people who I know OOCly who've joined me in this exploration.

I'm still going to play and hopefully I've just had a bad introduction to the server and gotten unlucky with who I have come across, or maybe the community just needs time to grow and mature, increase RP standards etc. What you said about mining I had no idea about, since I am relatively new.

Hey, I know what is that you said is missing, or why it seems so. Its because the GTA V map is 4 times as big as the old one, plus in LSRP only 1/4 of that map was mapped/scripted/populated, it was narrowed down to Los Santos City and it created a lot of IC communities there. So that in mind, GTAW has a 8 times more map to cover and as there ain't that many of us around(specially for ppl like me who usually play with 20-40 players online and on the country side) it makes us not feeling IT quite how it was meant to be felt.

1 hour ago, noel said:

Yeah the pimped out cars with neons are usually a good sign of who's a bad roleplayer or not. Especially if it comes to car oriented RP, as the more realistic and higher standard RPers usually show it through their vehicles they RP around being a lot more grounded in style. Everything's still taking it's time to get into the groove of things. Even LSRP took years to get to the state it was in it's peak, as well as where it's at now. I see where you're coming from but it's not a good time to do something like that just yet. Maybe later on in the future when GTAW settles to a point of where people have enough and are willing to contribute to the flow of the economy rather than - for the most part - keeping all of the money they get to themselves and being pretty uptight about spending it if they don't have to. (i.e people arguing about having to pay a measly 500 that you charge icly for nearly an hour of work you just did on their car like it was such a big hassle lol is a prime example for me as someone who's done a lot of RP around painting vehicles & doing bodywork on them icly.) It'll take a while to get people to stop going straight to buying an elegy so they can go tune it to look like their favorite fast and furious car, throw on a mask and go evade the police etc. It's already progressing towards being better as is in an overall state, it was far worse several months ago when GTAW first moved to ragemp. The admins have done a good job at cleaning up the shit roleplayers and are still doing so today, so I'm sure in a year it'll be a completely different experience if things keep going the route they are. The RP standards have been steadily raising in various different avenues from what I've seen over the months of playing relatively actively.

Edited by Smonk