/vpark despawn timer

Short description:  1h timer for /vpark'ing empty vehicles
Detailed description:  It was so cool to see all those cars parked everywhere on that day the /vpark was completely disabled but I get all the concerns with it. My suggestion would be that :

After typing /vpark in a empty car you own, it will not vanish off the map instantly but rather takes 1h after it automatically /vpark's itself and vanishes(no matter if the player is online or offline after that time). If a player won't do the command /vpark the car will stay into the map until the next server restart.

Commands to add:  Same /vpark only it will uses a timer attached to it.
Items to add: None
How would your suggestion improve the server?  It will make areas bit more alive. Even for a short time. Car thieves don't instantly know that most cars spawned around have items in them. People robbing others with their own car can't quickly /vpark.

Additional information:  I personally always leave 2-3 cars spawned when I log off and I can say my car has only been stolen 2 times during my almost 1 year of play(Was bit inactive too for couple of months but the point is the same.)

Edited by Guest
edited the detailed description to make it more understandable

I'd second this idea if it were properly tested and scaled. I think it not only gives a great boost in living up the server but it prevents people from abusing the vpark command for a number of reasons.

- Vparking for a repair/visual fix.

- Vparking to avoid an altercation or criminal pursuit.

- Vparking to avoid losing a vehicle in water/on fire

- Gives the PD enough time to properly search a vehicle (rp scenario) with out a player de spawning it.

Don't see why this has to be changed all the damn time. The way Nervous dropped the system is OK. If you have nothing in your car, you can despawn it to prevent abuse aka stash cars. If you do, sucks to suck. It's getting pretty boring now.

Edited by JustAnM43
2 hours ago, JustAnM43 said:

Don't see why this has to be changed all the damn time. The way Nervous dropped the system is OK. If you have nothing in your car, you can despawn it to prevent abuse aka stash cars. If you do, sucks to suck. It's getting pretty boring now.

1 hour ago, Snipper said:

Can we just leave it as it is? for fuck sakes.

1 hour ago, Conway said:

Pls

44 minutes ago, PandaGaming said:

+1

I'm just saying that this system got revamped too much time yet.

Just leave it as it is now in my opinion.

These 4 are literally not arguments against the idea I presented. If people have just left the things as they are we all be still in stone age. 

2 hours ago, zUgg zUgg said:

I'd second this idea if it were properly tested and scaled. I think it not only gives a great boost in living up the server but it prevents people from abusing the vpark command for a number of reasons.

- Vparking for a repair/visual fix.

- Vparking to avoid an altercation or criminal pursuit.

- Vparking to avoid losing a vehicle in water/on fire

- Gives the PD enough time to properly search a vehicle (rp scenario) with out a player de spawning it.

Good points. I think having more cars around at all times is just generally good for the entire RP environment.

This just kind of seems like you want to turn it back into a slightly altered version of the previous system really. 

I currently like being able to leave vehicles out for as long as I want. Being able to keep my bikes out on my homeless character makes the space he lives, feel a bit more lived in and definitely shows that someone is living in that space. I also like to leave vehicles out on other characters as the idea of someone being stupid enough to get caught breaking into my car is an entertaining thought that I am okay with. 

I don't think we need vehicles to despawn. The way Nervous currently has the system plays to everyone so I don't see a need to change it more. You can either leave your vehicle spawned or despawn it, there shouldn't be a need for more changes. 

• Applaud 1

No, it isn't. More cars = heaven for people that steal cars with zero RP. Nobody is safe. Cars get stolen in broad daylight in neighbourhoods where they usually wouldn't get stolen from. I'm not waiting an hour to despawn my car because some guy wants to steal my car to do wheelies up and down Mirror Park. The system as of right now is in good place. If you have nothing in your car, you can /vpark it. If it has items in it, you can't. And no, the robbers won't "target" spawned cars. Not everyone /Vparks, so it's always mixed up, you never know if a car has or does not have items inside. The system is fine, stop trying to change it all the time.

I'm also not waiting an hour to respawn my car due to poor RAGE sync, and my lights being permanently on, or my broken window. Cars don't get dirty in 2-3 minutes. People respawn to make it look clean on their screen. The system is fine.

Edited by JustAnM43
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, zUgg zUgg said:

1. Vparking for a repair/visual fix.

2. Vparking to avoid an altercation or criminal pursuit.

3. Vparking to avoid losing a vehicle in water/on fire

4. Gives the PD enough time to properly search a vehicle (rp scenario) with out a player de spawning it.

(Numbered the points so I could explain each one.)
1: they wanted to actually allow this via /vrespawn.

2-3-4: /ajail [id/name] [reason] (shadowplay is a thing.)

Along with this, Vehicle sync isn't perfect on this game, cars can spawn weirdly and I'm sure Admins would rather have their time more valued by solving reports for people breaking rules rather than people complaining that their car has spawned flipped or damaged pre-maturely before even getting in it.

10 minutes ago, Tr1bal said:

These 4 are literally not arguments against the idea I presented. If people have just left the things as they are we all be still in stone age. 

People are sick of it constantly being changed (me especially), it caused server instabilities messing with it and due to Nervous not being there at the time we had to deal with it for ages, /vpark and /vget wasn't broken in the first place, so why try fixing it? The /vpark we have now is rather advantageous for people as it is, vehicles that have items in them need to stay spawned so we don't have miner's abusing burrito inventories by storing Alluminium in the void.