Brewing License

What does the Brewing License actually constitutes? It is my understanding that a brewer with a Brewing License can only brew alcohol and consume that on the same established premises of the brewery. To sell it - he needs a liquor license? Am I right?

As stated on the government website it states that you need a liquor license when any establishment or person intends to sell or dispense alcoholic liquor during a public opening. Hence, yes you need a liquor license when you want to sell it. I don't think you need one when you consume it.

2 hours ago, Crayons said:

As stated on the government website it states that you need a liquor license when any establishment or person intends to sell or dispense alcoholic liquor during a public opening. Hence, yes you need a liquor license when you want to sell it. I don't think you need one when you consume it.

2 hours ago, Franelli said:

To add on top of what Crayon has mentioned, I believe the liquor license is not needed for your character as long as it actively owns a liquor store.

I might be wrong though. Would be best to hear what @AVRO DANKASTER has to say about it!

So as a simple brewer with a brewing license who wants to sell his alcohol and not during an public opening still needs to register in government website to acquire  the liquor license to it?  

I would and have done it without the licenses anyways but I just wanna get some clarity of the legal mechanics of it to make the job as an illegal brewer an illegal one.

As I have stood from the text below and from our own server the CMBP acts as our ordinary Brewers License and CMB is like an actual liquoer license.

Step One: Choose the License That Suits Your Needs

A) CMBP licenses are issued to vendors licensed to sell alcohol and who want to add a brewery to their premises. This license has a $500 annual fee and is only for beer brewed and consumed on the same premises; you may not distribute it or sell it off-site. The CMBP license is limited to 5,000 bbls or 10,000 kegs per year. Please see Florida Statute 561.221(3) for more information.

B) CMB licenses are full manufacturers’ licenses and have a $3000 annual fee, but there is no limit to production amounts. This license will allow you to distribute your brew to licensed vendors through licensed wholesalers. If you’ll be promoting tourism and can get local zoning approval, you may be issued a vendor’s license for sale directly to customers on your premises. Please see Florida Statute 561.221(2) for more information.

Step Two: Zoning

Check with your local land use department to ensure that the property you want to open your brewery on allows you to do so. If you intend to sell your beer directly to customers on site, your property needs to be wet-zoned. You must be sure local government allows for the sale and/or consumption of alcohol on your property. Depending on the scale of your production, your property may need to be classified as Commercial Light or Commercial Intensive.

From : http://www.floridabrewersguild.org/opening-a-brewery/

Edited by Guest
edited the layout a little

A brewing license is a script tool that covers the utilization of the script to brew alcohol. Period. You need it to not have your brewing equipment/brewed alcohol seized.

If you want to sell your liquor, you need an actual liquor sales license that we offer. What you can do without the license is give your alcohol away for free or consume it on premises when they are considered inaccessible or of limited access to the public.

Of course, the underage sobriety laws are applicable here.

Edited by AVRO DANKASTER
54 minutes ago, AVRO DANKASTER said:

A brewing license is a script tool that covers the utilization of the script to brew alcohol. Period. You need it to not have your brewing equipment/brewed alcohol seized.

If you want to sell your liquor, you need an actual liquor sales license that we offer. What you can do without the license is give your alcohol away for free or consume it on premises when they are considered inaccessible or of limited access to the public.

Thank you very much!