[RAGE:MP] Server lost connection. Reconnecting.

ohshititsali

It's a connection issue based on your location in the world, your profile says you are from indonesia. I am from Australia and the way I get around this is by opening the steam window (Shift + tab) Or the Rockstar social club menu (Home) when the screen says Welcome to GTA World. Wait for 1-2 mins then close whichever menu you used and it should load the login screen.

I used to get this all the time. Best way around it for me was to use a VPN, but this didn't always work. I eventually solved this issue by realising that it was my anti-virus preventing the connection to the game server.

Turning off my anti-virus software when playing seemed to fix it for me. I live in the UK which is where I believe the game server is hosted from, so I found it strange as to why it was happening to me. But yeah, try turning off your anti-virus if you haven't done so already. If that doesn't work, try and use a VPN.

16 hours ago, Adrian Price said:

It's a connection issue based on your location in the world, your profile says you are from indonesia. I am from Australia and the way I get around this is by opening the steam window (Shift + tab) Or the Rockstar social club menu (Home) when the screen says Welcome to GTA World. Wait for 1-2 mins then close whichever menu you used and it should load the login screen.

Finally aussie player answering, i will try it today thanks!

12 hours ago, SpartanD1994 said:

I used to get this all the time. Best way around it for me was to use a VPN, but this didn't always work. I eventually solved this issue by realising that it was my anti-virus preventing the connection to the game server.

Turning off my anti-virus software when playing seemed to fix it for me. I live in the UK which is where I believe the game server is hosted from, so I found it strange as to why it was happening to me. But yeah, try turning off your anti-virus if you haven't done so already. If that doesn't work, try and use a VPN.

Alrighty sir thanks for your answer, any recommended VPN from you personally? I hope its free tho xD

Very old bug for oceanic players, mostly Australians I think but that might just be because there's more Aussie players. The shift + tab thing has always worked for me, but Nervous has tried a lot of stuff and has pretty much found the only way he can fix it is to switch server provider. He's still working on that AFAIK, but obviously that's an expensive switch so it hasn't happened yet. For some reason it happens less when the server has just reset, but I don't think that's really a fix considering that doesn't happen much lol.

1 hour ago, Sabess said:

Very old bug for oceanic players, mostly Australians I think but that might just be because there's more Aussie players. The shift + tab thing has always worked for me, but Nervous has tried a lot of stuff and has pretty much found the only way he can fix it is to switch server provider. He's still working on that AFAIK, but obviously that's an expensive switch so it hasn't happened yet. For some reason it happens less when the server has just reset, but I don't think that's really a fix considering that doesn't happen much lol.

So shift + tab or Home button will works? Or just temporary?, First of all in my first day in this server i success joining the the game and the login page is appear, playing for like 1-2 hours without any problem. Well ok i will try this method since many player says this is a great way.

Edited by ohshititsali
26 minutes ago, Sabess said:

The shift + tab thing works most of the time! Very rarely I have to relaunch the game and try again, but I've never been locked out of the server for more than 30 minutes as long as I use the shift + tab thing.

When exactly i need to press shift tab button? When there is a pop up says " press home " ?

I think anytime you start getting the connection lost message. You do it in the lobby where you have the bald guy and stuff.

Not sure if it's just placebo, but personally I have the best luck by waiting until the "downloading" popups come in the bottom left/right while you're waiting as the bald dude, and then press shift + tab or the rockstar home button, wait a few minutes, and then come out of the overlay. 

Throwing my 2cents in as another Aussie:

The shift+tab technique used to work very well for me, I was able to get onto the server consistantly over the last 1-2 months (give or take) waiting until the game made its automatic 2nd attempt to connect to the server, hit shift+tab to open the steam menu, waited approximately 60-61 seconds before closing the steam overlay and 9 times out of 10 I would be at the login screen.

EDIT: It is important to note, in the process I have detailed above I would wait until the 'download complete' pop up appeared before I hit shift+tab.

Yesterday it took me about 10 attempts using the procedure above before I was finally able to get on. Today I've spent over 2 hours in total trying to connect to the server with absolutley no success.

Edited by Yass
  • taylor locked this topic