Adverts "App"

Paul Wayne

Short description: Adverts will be viewed and placed through a dedicated menu, which can be referred to as "app"

Detailed description: In my opinion it would be great to have a  menu (similar to the one you access with "i") that is dedicated to adverts. This menu will be divided in different sub menus such as Houses, Cars, Services, Companies, etc etc. So if you want to sell or buy a car, you will place or search in the car sub menu. This will prevent adverts from showing up among all the other conversations on top, which I really do not like. Apart from that spamming will be totally removed  and everyone will have his advert visible for as long as he/she stays online in a neat organized menu. I really don't like seeing the same advert repeating every 6 mins because the sender is always spamming.

Commands to add: a simple command such as /adsapp will open the menu.

Items to add: Maybe one can place an advert for a period of time, for example you pay for 1 hr and then the advert will be removed.

How would your suggestion improve the server? I think this will be a more realistic way to access and place adverts. This will also leave more money in characters' pockets as you place the advert only once. Also this will hopefully remove unrealistic adverts such as "looking for uber" which is really annoying.

Additional information: I saw this system working on other servers, and I think it will be a great addition to this wonderful community.

Edited by Paul Wayne

The current /ad system brings a bit of an RPGish feeling or back to an era of 2010 - 2012. This should be approached by more from an ICly point of view instead of forcing you to see all them /ads. So I do agree, there should be an 'app' or newspapper, or even just and only use the forums to advertise your sellings /  bussines or whatever esle.

No clue what the phone supports so far. But I've seen a server that had an ad system for the phone, where you had categories for different apps like used cars, party advertisements etc. and you were able to, for example, take a picture of the vehicle you want to sell and people could make posts under your ad. 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...