Is it me or.. the removal of /vpark is a bad idea (at the current state of RageMP, sync wise)

Vash Baldeus

44 minutes ago, Franelli said:

You could always rent / buy a garage.

We will be exploring more options for players to secure their vehicles while they're offline.

Similar to Bandit, the ones near me aren't scripted.

Additionally if your best response to my point is to tell me to grind more to buy another property I have to say it doesn't seem like a well thought out change.

9 minutes ago, Siglim said:

Additionally if your best response to my point is to tell me to grind more to buy another property I have to say it doesn't seem like a well thought out change.

I mean irl well at least around by me no1 uses their garages to park their car s they just park them on their driveways, could just do that on the server.

Just now, Matt - said:

I mean irl well at least around by me no1 uses their garages to park their car s they just park them on their driveways, could just do that on the server.

Again, that's realism for realisms sake. If I wake up in the morning and my car is gone, I notice it. On the server if my car is stolen and I'm offline I could be offline for days because I don't have the spare time to check every night. It's not realistic in the slightest that there could be 5 days between my car being stolen and me noticing it.

16 minutes ago, Siglim said:

I don't recall suggesting any sort of grinding whatsoever, not sure why you're trying to take my words out of context. Those who want to secure their vehicles during the nights and are capable of purchasing / renting a standalone garage will face no issues whatsoever. You could always pick one of the many new introduced roleplay jobs for your character in order to earn an extra buck. If you don't want to do any of that - that's fine too. Nobody is forcing you to buy a lock for your house door either, but don't be overwhelmed when somebody gets in.

With that being said, if your property has a garage attached to it you can easily request it scripted (completely free) so you can interact with it (read).

As I've already mentioned we will be exploring new possibilities for our players to secure their vehicles during their time off the server.

If the server resets every night, that may not be such an issue regardless.

An issue that could come up is that some properties aren't near any accessible roads (apartment complexes in particular) so how will these individuals fix bugs with their vehicles without constant staff intervention? I suppose with a wide enough radius would solve the issue.

It does seem a bit slanted against new players, however, that they're unable to secure their first car until they've spent many hours in-game in order to buy a property with a garage, or find one of the rare stand-alone garages (of which I doubt the existence of, but I'll take everyone's word for it.) Seems like an option for a sort of "public parking deck" should be available in which a small fee ensures you can despawn your vehicle - but if the update was aimed at "eliminating stash cars" and "meeting stupidity with consequences" then this might cut against that goal.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Franelli said:

I don't recall suggesting any sort of grinding whatsoever, not sure why you're trying to take my words out of context. Those who want to secure their vehicles during the nights and are capable of purchasing / renting a standalone garage will face no issues whatsoever. You could always pick one of the many new introduced roleplay jobs for your character in order to earn an extra buck. If you don't want to do any of that - that's fine too. Nobody is forcing you to buy a lock for your house door either, but don't be overwhelmed when somebody gets in.

With that being said, if your property has a garage attached to it you can easily request it scripted (completely free) so you can interact with it (read).

As I've already mentioned we will be exploring new possibilities for our players to secure their vehicles during their time off the server.

I mean it's pretty simple. You're telling me to buy a property and more locks, which requires me to have the money to do that, which means I have to be online either grinding or, as you say, being a cashier in a scripted shop or something like that. As someone who already has a job in real life, coming home to rp a boring job isn't my idea of fun. Thus, the game is sacrificing enjoyment for realism.

It's not really a big deal so I dunno why people are jumping down my throat because I have a different opinion to them. If the game for me implements realism at the expense of my fun I just won't play. If it's your idea of fun you will. That's fine. There's no real need for people to be getting so defensive about it.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Smilesville said:

If the server resets every night, that may not be such an issue regardless.

An issue that could come up is that some properties aren't near any accessible roads (apartment complexes in particular) so how will these individuals fix bugs with their vehicles without constant staff intervention? I suppose with a wide enough radius would solve the issue.

It does seem a bit slanted against new players, however, that they're unable to secure their first car until they've spent many hours in-game in order to buy a property with a garage, or find one of the rare stand-alone garages (of which I doubt the existence of, but I'll take everyone's word for it.) Seems like an option for a sort of "public parking deck" should be available in which a small fee ensures you can despawn your vehicle - but if the update was aimed at "eliminating stash cars" and "meeting stupidity with consequences" then this might cut against that goal.

Or the public parking compound could simply prevent vehicles being stolen whilst inside of it without having them need to be despawned.

12 minutes ago, Siglim said:

I mean it's pretty simple. You're telling me to buy a property and more locks, which requires me to have the money to do that, which means I have to be online either grinding or, as you say, being a cashier in a scripted shop or something like that. As someone who already has a job in real life, coming home to rp a boring job isn't my idea of fun. Thus, the game is sacrificing enjoyment for realism.

It's not really a big deal so I dunno why people are jumping down my throat because I have a different opinion to them. If the game for me implements realism at the expense of my fun I just won't play. If it's your idea of fun you will. That's fine. There's no real need for people to be getting so defensive about it.

Buying locks to secure your vehicle is common sense really. If anything people were simply abusing the /vpark system to despawn their vehicle each time they're not directly facing it / it gets out of their sight to prevent it being stolen. You can argue that it would cost you money - sure it will. The process of buying a vehicle never ends at paying the purchase price, even in real life. There's gas, insurance, taxes and maintenance - all these require a constant flow of payments from the vehicle owner. This is not that much different.

Nobody is getting defensive here either as you suggested. If anything we're trying to collect constructive feedback and suggestions for the system and its future updates. @Smilesville's recent suggestion is spot on, for example. Comments such as "this is a bad system" and "it's not fun and i won't play" are not, though.

Edited by Franelli
9 minutes ago, Franelli said:

Buying locks to secure your vehicle is common sense really. If anything people were simply abusing the /vpark system to despawn their vehicle each time they're not directly facing it / it gets out of their sight to prevent it being stolen. You can argue that it would cost you money - sure it will. The process of buying a vehicle never ends at paying the purchase price, even in real life. There's gas, insurance, taxes and maintenance - all these require a constant flow of payments from the vehicle owner. This is not that much different.

Nobody is getting defensive here either as you suggested. If anything we're trying to collect constructive feedback and suggestions for the system and its future updates. @Smilesville's recent suggestion is spot on, for example. Comments such as "this is a bad system" and "it's not fun and i won't play" are not, though.

I have locks and alarms. I don't despawn my car everytime it is out of my sight. These are real strawmans. My problem is about offline protection. My constructive feedback was that there should be offline protection. If you are selectively ignoring my actual feedback you can't really say you're looking for feedback. The fact you are responding and ignoring my actual points indicates to me that you are getting defensive over the fact I don't like the changes.

This is a game. Ultimately people play games for fun. The moment it stops being fun for me I will stop playing. That's not a personal slight on anybody. I am saying that if it becomes realism for the sake of realism, at the cost of enjoyment, there will be a consequence to it. I honestly don't see what the problem is with saying that. Any RPG is a balance between realism and gameplay. For me personally, this is too far in one direction.

When I first made my character I grinded enough to get enough so that I could focus on RPing. That is to say, a car and a property. On occasion, I've needed to grind a bit more for taxes etc but it's something I don't mind doing when I have free time and aren't actively rping. Your suggestion for me to buy another property, which I will need to grind to do, is not a valid response to my criticism that there needs to be serious offline protection for this to not just be realism for realism sake.

On top of that point, with the new break in changes (which I quite like for the record) the garages don't solve the problem. As someone who is lucky if they are able to play more than once a week, there would be nothing stopping someone from breaking in to that garage and then taking the car anyway. Again, as I said earlier, this isn't realistic. If the goal is realism, which it seems to be, it's fundamentally flawed. I fail to see how it would be realistic for someone to break into a garage and steal my vehicles without my character realising when they would feasibly be in the property. Realistically, the characters don't stop existing when they are offline. But gameplay wise, if someone knows my timezone and work schedule and is aware that I might not be able to come online for a few days because of IRL commitments, they are able to abuse that information to steal my characters vehicles, even though my character would realistically notice before I could be online to actually notice.

I understand the reasons for the change. I just feel there is a lot of big downsides for a relatively minor upside of there being more stationary vehicles in the game.

Edited by Siglim
  • Upvote 1