Is it me or.. the removal of /vpark is a bad idea (at the current state of RageMP, sync wise)

Vash Baldeus

Is it me or.. the removal of /vpark is a bad idea (at the current state of RageMP, sync wise)

Because right now, you can not despawn the car, and if someone breaks into the car, and leaves it middle of nowhere where you can not find it.. and lest we forget, the map is a big one. Ontop of the car possibly glitching out or what not..

I'd not do the remove of that command unless RageMP would reach a better sync state where people don't have to re-anim shit cause you enter and they are desync or cars having different colors while owner sees something else. On top of which the fact of another just for shits and giggles will steal a car and park it somewhere else just to troll.

I understand that it was made to add realism, but you forget the fact someone can steal the car and dump it middle of nowhere and this map ain't like GTASA, it's a few times bigger on-top of that, you do not add a GPS tracking for the car that you can install which IRL exists!

@Nervous, I'd appreciate your input on this decision.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 2

Definitely, RAGEMP is unreliable at the best of times, I still have paranoia about my car being the wrong shade, or an entirely different color in parts, or indeed having to try and ragdoll, only to knock out your pal by hitting the melee key, or the meaning when somebody joins the area you are situated in, removing this feature is a step back, I don't think it's needed for a realistic interpretation of life, especially on a large community, open to minges and other 'undesirable' groups of players, who will just run along and jack people's ride left out, and given that the cost of houses is quite high, may see ten cars parked outside one house being rented by a few people, and for the people who don't have houses, will most likely leave their cars out in the street like a cheesy zombie movie, even if RAGEMP has a 100% rate of synching, people will have to dish out a lot of money to upgrade their locks and alarms to max in paranoia of their hard earned vehicle.

• Upvote 2

You guys can all stop crying about it. It's a great feature that improves the immerse of what's going on right now. If you have a problem with your car damage simply enter or exit any interior and it's gonna be fixed. The sync issue is the same when /vpark was back here. You can also use /vrespawn to fix your cars. I'm sure /vget shows you the car location.

Edited by zaXer.

I like the concept, and I'd like to see how it goes. The city is huge, and needs a bit more life, this will help with that. It will also make people think twice about where to park their vehicles. Also discourages people from having all 3-5 of their vehicles spawned at the same time, as where do you put them!

I like it, but I agree, I'm concerned about sync, but I think it's a good idea, and if sync proves to make this feature annoying, it'll likely be removed either way. I'm not concerned, I like this idea and fully support giving it a go.

1 minute ago, Matrix- said:

I like the concept, and I'd like to see how it goes. The city is huge, and needs a bit more life, this will help with that. It will also make people think twice about where to park their vehicles. Also discourages people from having all 3-5 of their vehicles spawned at the same time, as where do you put them!

I like it, but I agree, I'm concerned about sync, but I think it's a good idea, and if sync proves to make this feature annoying, it'll likely be removed either way. I'm not concerned, I like this idea and fully support giving it a go.

Thing is, you will have all your 3-5 vehicles spawned at the same time.. hence the problem.

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

Thing is, you will have all your 3-5 vehicles spawned at the same time.. hence the problem.

Dont think that's a problem, but more like making life into the city ? This also ruins stash cars ? 

Edited by zaXer.
Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

They're spawned on request when you log in after a server reset. The server doesn't spawn all the vehicles on a reboot, that'd be an enormous database call and cause massive lag and potential crashing on boot.

3 minutes ago, Matrix- said:

They're spawned on request when you log in after a server reset. The server doesn't spawn all the vehicles on a reboot, that'd be an enormous database call and cause massive lag and potential crashing on boot.

My issue is that:

- RageMP is not a reliable client at the moment, hence the sync issues and what not.

- No realistic GPS tracking of your vehicle, you make that you can't despawn the car? Great, realistic sure, but what about adding GPS tracking you can install on your car which is also realistic?!